Chapter 9
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Korra and Tuck arrived at the rocky coast where the entrance to the ogres is.

A beep from the pod sounds.

“More have died,” Korra says after having a look at the pod

“How many are guides?”

“Does it matter?”

“May I suggest we don’t add to that tally by turning back?”

“Come on Tuck, where is your thrill for adventure?”

“Overshadowed by my concern and value for life”

Korra enters the cave, closely followed by Tuck

“Wait... we don’t have any light” princess Korra realizes

“Here take a light-bum-bug”

“You carry these in your bag?”

“They provide light, finish my leftovers and finally... if you don’t like it, then walk in the dark”

“OK! Sorry for complaining”

The cave is overwhelmed with a foul odor. The darkness goes on forever as droplets fall from the ceiling

“What that smell?” asked Korra

“The dead flesh of people forever cursed to wonder this cave and whisper, 'go back, go back... for the love of Ora... go back...” Tuck replies with dramatic effect

“Stop it, Tuck”

“But I can’t help it, this place stinks of death and I think I hear the sounds of death”

“Tuck”

“Yes”

“I hear the sounds too” Korra replied before they turn their lights all-round and find themselves in the dead center of a massive chamber filled with sleeping ogres everywhere including the ceiling.

“Tuck, don’t move”

Tuck was gripped with fear, as he looked at the bones of people all along the floor, next to sleeping giants.

“How did we get in the middle of this chamber without stepping on a single ogre? Wait... don’t tell me, I rather die not knowing why my death didn’t come earlier” he whispered to her

“Tuck... move slowly forward, I think that tunnel heads forward”

They moved slowly and carefully through the sleeping ogres and reach the tunnel Korra spotted before taking a deep breath of relief only to hear an ogre fall from the ceiling to the floor with a loud ban. One of the ogre who woke up from the commotion spots the two before roaring loudly.

“Run!” Korra shouts

They run through the tunnel as fast as they could with the ogres chasing close behind them

“We can’t outrun them, any ideas?” Korra asks

“I had an idea when we started this journey... staying home... but you couldn’t help but tempt me with gold couldn't you and I still haven’t seen a naked girl!”

“Get us to the other side and you can add naked servant girls to your list of rewards”

That temptation was what Tuck needed, “I have an idea, but it is a crazy one..."

“Does it look like I care, do it now before we die here”

Tuck reaches in his bag and removes a mini explosive with a timer. He adds a sticky cream that he had and sets the time for five seconds before throwing it to the ceiling where it sticks and counts down. As they run, it explodes, allowing for water in the lake to gush in and shove them through the tunnel.... all the way to the exit.

They are thrown out of the cave onto the sandy desert.

“I’m still alive? I’m still alive!” Tuck shouts, followed by a burst of laughter, “I’ve made it through the cave of ogres!”

“OK... you’re a genius... eccentric by the looks and sound of things... but a genius without a doubt.” Princess Korra complemented

1