chapter 11
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nighttime came and as the rest celebrated downstairs... in their room, Jacob and Jiang prepared themselves.

As Jacob packed their bags with food and water, Jiang sat in a trance as she called upon dragons to come and destroy the resort and everyone inside it.

Her tattoos glowed bright gold as her mind connected to the dragons.

“Are you done?” Jacob asked

“Yes. They will be here shortly... we better hurry up and take our leave”

Jacob and Jiang climb out their window and made their way down as quietly as possible. When reaching the ground, they lower their heads so as not to be seen by the others inside and head off into the desert, unaware of Francisco watching their flight.

He rushed to drag Helmut from the women to the window and pointed to them fleeing

“We really shouldn’t stay here Helmut,” Francisco utters, before they both rush back for their items in a stumbling manner, dragging attention from some of the guides and competitors who also start to gather their staff and head for the exit.

“Where are you guy’s going?” asked Conrad before a large roar is heard from the sky followed by a shout from one of the servant girls, “Dragons”

“Dragons? But there has never been more than one at a time” Conrad says as ten full-grown dragons descend on the resort, and begin to rip it apart.

Helmut and Francisco, along with a few other survivors manage to slip past the dragon's assault, before they finally break the wall down and grab people left-right, and center.

One dragon managed to grab someone and tossed them high in the air. The body landed in the desert, next to Korra and Tuck, who have buried themselves in the desert.

The dragon lands next to the person who is a competitor pleading for his life, but Korra doesn't move an inch.

The dragon feasts on him in seconds and begins to leave before hearing the beep of Korra’s pod.

The dragon turns and scans the ground with its infrared eyes, but sees nothing but sand and takes off into the sky.

***
As morning came. Korra and Tuck went through the ruins of the resort in search of food and water

“Toast! everything here is toast. One would think those dragons would have the brains to leave us something.” Korra complained

“Oh yeah... maybe we should have from the top of lungs shouted for them to stop toasting everything in sight and while we were at it... Dragon eat and burn everything the find... Ahh”

"What is it?"

"I tripped on something... Hmm... princess come have a look at this." 

Tuck had noticed a wooden hatch on the floor.

Korra walked over with her sword in hand and signaled Tuck to open it.

“Don’t burn me” screams Conrad while hiding in a room below with the girls who danced in the resort.

Tuck also noticed that they had food, water and small sucks of coins.

“Relax, the dragons are...” Korra began to speak but Tuck quickly cut her off

“If you don't want us to call the dragons over, then hand over some of your supplies.”

“You can’t do that!”

“Can’t I? Dragons are sensitive to noise. I wanted what will happen if i cause a ruckus.”
“You are mad. They will ill you too."

"Without those supplies, we are as good as dead. If I were you I would play the chicken game with me right now or else."

"Alright... I will give you want i can spear” he pleads

“Looks like we have a deal. We will take some of your food, water, and some of those sacks of coins”

“I will never give you my sacks of coins”

“Oh dragons”

“Bastard... Fine... Here you go. Take anything you want just don't call those dragon here.”

“Anything? Hey cutie” Tuck said while looking at one of the girls in the pit

“Come on, we are getting far behind,” Korra said before dragging him along

“You have to stop doing this,” Tuck complained

After a long walk they find the remaining competitors camped outside a forest.

“I thought you will be dead by now princess,” Jacob said to Korra as she came into the camp

“How did you come to that conclusion Jacob?” Helmut spoke

“I believed hunger and thrust would be her killer, but she is still alive with food and water by the looks of things. Perhaps that guide of yours deserve more than he is getting paid for”

“That’s true enough” Tuck responded, but Helmut ignored him and continued to speak, "I guess her not staying long enough for your dragons to have their chance must have angered you, Jacob.” Helmut said

“My dragons?”

“Unless there is another Jacob here... yes, your dragons”

Jacob smiled at the accusation from Helmut, before saying, “prove it”.

“Korra left the resort long before the attack after that guide of hers rejected your generous offer. It would seem you startled him off. Am I right guild?” While his question was directed at Tuck, Helmut's eyes were firmly focused on Jacob

Silence falls on the camp as both Jacob and Helmut grab tightly their weapons.

Tuck broke the silence by asking, “So... why are you guys gathered here and not moving on”

“What do you think guide?” Jacob directed his question to Tuck
“After the desert, the next place should be the Mountain of Spirits... so this must have appeared in between the desert and the mountains... No... It can't be... the Forest of Fear?”

“The Forest of Fear?” Korra repeats

“It is where you’re worst fears comes to light” Jiang answered

“No one has ever entered the forest and lived to tell the story,” Francisco added, “that is... nobody but Henry North,” he continued, as all eyes now turned to Tuck.

“You’re father survived this forest?” Korra asked

“Yes little one... enlighten us on the secret of the forest” Helmut uttered

“There is no secret to it. To pass through it, you must have no fear at all... That is all.” Tuck explained as he turned around and took a few steps back to be desert.

“What do we do now?” Helmut asked aloud

“We must wait for the Forest to find a new home,” Jiang answered before they all headed to their own spots in the camp.

In the middle of the night, Jiang and Jacob spoke.

“I think the boy is hiding something,” Jiang said

“You think he knows a way to pass the forest”

“Yes”

“Trying to grab him will cause a lot of attention from everyone here”

“I think I know another way,”

“What is it?"

“When they entered the resort the kid paid a lot of attention to one particular thing... it might just be enough to get him to talk”

“What is that particular thing?”

“The one thing all virgin boys want...” she replied with a seductive smile.

1