CHAPTER 38: Brynhildr
1k 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked over to the sword and held it by the hilt. All of a sudden I started to feel as if something from the sword was trying to invade my body. And as I resisted, system messages began to appear in front of me. It was as if the demonic energy emanating from that sword was trying to eat me.

'Do you think you can eat me? I will eat you. [Devour] [Devour] [Devour] [Devour]' I was repeatedly activating the skill from my mind and was eating a little bit of demonic energy. As I ate, the system messages were increasing.

[Skill evolves as a result of our continuous use. Devour skill evolves into Gluttony.]

'[Gluttony]!' In an instant, all the demonic energy was eaten away by gluttony.

(Who are you?) All of a sudden I heard a female voice that I didn't know.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked back.

(Hey! I asked first?) That female voice said again.

"Darling, you're talking to yourself right now, according to Raphaeline and Chisato." Astaroth said.

But I realized that this voice was not coming from outside, but from inside my mind.

'Could you be Brynhildr?' I asked in my mind to that female voice.

(Yes that's my name, now who are you?) Brynhildr said.

'My name is Ren Asmodeus. And I am the one holding the sword you are in right now. But could you talk?' I asked.

(So right now you're something like my wielder?)

'Yeah you can say that?'

(But as far as I feel, you are a demon and even have an extremely strong lineage so how can you hold me? No demon should be able to hold this sword. Besides- wait a minute, what happened to the demon I sealed here, where did it go! If it was released into the world, the world is in great danger!) Brynhildr hastily and anxiously warned.

"Don't worry darling, you'll know when you check your system messages." Astaroth said.

'Brynhildr, don't worry, I'll explain later, we're in a weird situation right now.'

(Hm? Why?)

'Can you see around?' I asked.

(Hmm? Yes I can do?)

'Right now we seem crazy for the outsiders.'

(Are you talking about those two beautiful goddesses?)

'Can you tell they are goddesses just by looking?'

(Of course, after all, I am the strongest Valkyrie "Brynhildr". Even though I was trapped inside a sword, this fact did not change.)

'Pretty proud huh?'

(Of course, after all, I am the strongest Valkyrie.)

'Hahahaha Okay, I'm cutting off our conversation for the moment, we'll talk again later.'

(Don't make me wait too long, I haven't spoken to anyone in a long time.)

'Okay.' I answered.

And right after that, I removed my sword, just like the other heroes did. And that was pretty easy to do, all I had to do was think and my sword was no longer in my hand. After that, I made a few attempts to reveal and remove it whenever I wanted.

"Raphaeline, Chisato, as you see it, I think Brynhildr is mine now." I said with smile.

"Yeah it's yours now. I actually didn't expect this at all. But the results have been pretty good. In fact, as far as I can see, you are perfectly compatible and it seems that your strength has increased a lot." Raphaeline said.

"Yes, I actually had no hope, I even planned to intervene, but you really succeeded." Chisato said too.

"Now that you're both praising me, are you starting to like me?"

"Oh I wonder~?" Raphaeline said with a slightly sarcastic, somewhat embarrassed smile on her face.

"Anyway, let's skip that for now, who were you talking to just now?" Chisato asked.

"Oh? With Brynhildr of course." I answered with straightly face.

"Oh I see so you were talking to Bryn- Wait what?!" Chisato's always calm face turned into a completely surprised expression.

"Didn't you hear, okay, let me repeat it. I said I was just talking to Brynhildr." I repeated.

"I've heard that much, I'm just surprised."

"So how was Brynhildr able to speak? Normally Brynhildr sealed herself inside that sword with a powerful demon soul so after that she became hungry for souls so I tested your soul strength but normally because of that demon soul Brynhildr must have become a demonic sword that only gathers souls. So she couldn't talk to anyone anymore. How could she talk?" Raphaeline asked.

"So you know, I have my own ways."

"That's a secret too, well let's go back, it's so boring talking to the old folks here~" Raphaeline said, and again a magic circle appeared on the ground and began to glow, and when the light disappeared, we were back at Chisato's house.

"Now that we've given you the sword, can you tell me how you can heal Nanao?"

"Of course it's okay. But let me tell you in advance, even if I told you, you can't right now. I can't either, but I will soon."

"Okay I get it."

"The solution is my blood." I said.

"Huh? Wait how?"

"So Nano-san has to drink my blood. I am an original vampire after all, and Nanao-san is a half-blood vampire. Her body is weak because human blood weakens her body. When she drinks my blood, the vampire blood will be purified and developed, she will be able to suppress human blood a little, so that her body will be as strong as that of a vampire." I explained.

"So let's do it, why do you have to wait?" Chisato asked.

"Because my evolution is not enough. Once a vampire has enough strength and skills, they evolve, resulting in a vampire becoming a higher vampire, in some cases variants also appear, but they are very rare. For example, I am a variant even now. I am a day walker after all."

"Wait a minute, how do you know all this, and although we are older than you, we don't." Chisato asked.

"Well, after all, these are secret information of vampires."

"Then it's really okay for you to tell us these things?" Raphaeline asked.

"It's okay, after all, I'm the only pureblood vampire alive."

"Oh? Sorry for remind you." Raphaeline apologized.

"Couldn't Nanao evolve too then?" Chisato asked while trying to change the subject.

"Impossible."

"Huh? Why not?"

"Can humans evolve?" I asked back.

"No."

"This is the reason. Half vampire means half human. So you can't evolve half of your body. If she tries to evolve vampire blood on her own without any outside vampire blood, she will be crippled or killed. Also, there are conditions for evolution, I can't explain in detail what they are, but Nanao-san cannot do such a thing right now." I explained.

"Oh I see. I'll be waiting for the day you help." Chisato said with warm smile.

"I'll go then. It's late now. Mio will be angry if I come back too late. Actually, her angry face is also cute so should I stay? Anyway, I better go. It was a pleasure meeting you. You can both visit me whenever you want." I said.

Raphaeline and Chisato saw me off at the door, but what I didn't know right now was that Raphaeline and Chisato had been chatting about me all night after I left.

"Darling, I am now opening the portal for that startup world. Don't forget to check your skills and system messages. After leaving the startup world, I'll take you with me, I don't want to wait any longer~."

========================

Dear readers, I couldn't write a chapter for a while because the computer broke down. Chapters will be less for a while, but I'm planning to accelerate further later on. I got a little rusty during the time my computer was down.

Here is a Discord server link for you. Character illustrations are available on my Discord channel.

https://discord.gg/WqSpSasytA

Join My Pa*reon

https://www.patr*on.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

delete this (*) mark.

23