Chapter 3 bonding
272 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting over my initial shock I couldn’t control myself, I burst out laughing at the ironic situation Jade seemed to be in. While I wanted to feel bad for her, I just couldn’t, she’d tormented me for nearly a month now and any ounce of empathy I had for her was very minimal. 

I was sitting at the little desk, finally finishing my laughing fit as Jade glared at me from the bed with her red, puffy eyes, swollen from crying. “This isn’t funny Luna..” she said in a quite voice, her intimating manor all but gone, replaced with a scared, confused and anxious girl. 

I sighed and looked over at her, trembling under the bundle of covers she’d wrapped tightly around herself. I walked over to her and wrapped my arm around her waist, trying to comfort her at least a little. 

“You know.. the way you’ve been treating me has really hurt me… I was excited about mom getting remarried at first but ever since you got here you’ve been beyond cruel. I think you owe me an apology before I try and help you sort whatever this is out..” I said with a long sigh. 

Jade sniffled a little and fresh tears started pouring down her cheeks. 

“You’re right.. I’ve been a horrible person and.. I really am sorry for how I treated you Luna… I guess I took out all my frustrations out on you and if I’m being honest I’ve been jealous of you ever since we met… do you think you can forgive me?” She said with a guilty expression. I was surprised to hear that last part, I looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. 

“Wait, why would you be jealous of me?” I said hesitantly. A deep blush spread across her face and she looked off to the side sheepishly. “Well.. it’s just you’re really pretty.. you have a loving and supportive mother.. and you can be yourself without anyone judging you..” she said quietly. 

That confused me even more, “you can be yourself too though? I don’t understand..” I said. She shook her head and looked down at her lap. “No I can’t.. no one knows this especially not my dad but.. I like girls. I’ve never told anyone so keep it between us okay?” She whispered. 

I nodded and got up from the bed then walked over to the dispensary bag I’d left on the floor. “Well if you’ve calmed down enough.. do you want to try this with me? We have the entire day without mom and your dad around.” I asked shyly while holding up the bag for her to see. “I.. yeah.. sure we can do that Luna.” She said smiling meekly. 

Two hours later we were both sitting on the living room floor laughing at anything and everything. After I helped Jade tuck and hide her parts so she could get dressed without things being too obvious if anyone saw, she seemed to cheer up quit a bit and the brownie I’d given her had her in such a good mood it was contagious. 

She was being so much nicer and I was actually enjoying my time with her. Eventually as the sun was starting to set we decided to take a walk on the beach, we both changed clothes and headed out the door, enjoying the beautiful scenery and the relaxing sound of waves crashing against the shore as we walked. 

8