Chapter 172 – Ley’s Madness (3)
451 1 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Ley’s command, the alligators charged toward Karime and Andrew. They swam in the shallow waters of the swamp at an extraordinary speed while opening their jaws wide to devour them.

Over twenty alligators attacked simultaneously. The lizards had a surprising level of cooperation, despite their big number, they did not interfere with each other and made sure to block any route of escape.

Andrew’s eyes flashed coldly. His blond hair rose following a surge of mana that extended several meters around him.

“[Domain]!” He shouted.

The space around him was lit by a field of mana that pressured the alligators and slowed their movements. Right after that, Karime activated her skill too.

“[Ice Creation].”

Although Karime was weaker than Ley and Andrew, this swamp was very suited to use her skill.

In an instant, the water around the nearest alligators froze.

Karime was not strong enough to freeze all the monsters at the same time and her ice only managed to affect the alligators for a bit over one second before they started to break free.

But just that second gave Andrew enough time to attack.

“[Ultimate Sword]!” He growled, and his sword shone with a sharp glow.

Then, he swung his weapon around him.

An instant later–

*Spurt!*

The heads of six alligators were severed.

But Andrew did not stop there. Stepping on the muddy ground, he held his sword with his two hands and swung it towards one of the biggest alligators in the group.

Surprisingly, it was a tier-three monster!

The beast felt the danger and tried to evade, but Andrew’s blade was too swift. It cut through the beast’s flank, bisecting it in a single strike.

In less than one second from the start of the battle, he had killed seven monsters!

Moreover, it seemed as though he had done it casually.

Even Jane would have struggled a little bit against this number of enemies, but Andrew took care of it in such a casual way that it seemed like a fantasy.

“You will need more than this if you want to harm Karime,” Andrew spoke.

But despite witnessing the death of the alligators, Ley was indifferent.

She just glanced at him before opening her mouth again.

“Kill.”

Once more, the lizards charged toward the duo.

Andrew scoffed and Karime put on a serious expression, planning to use the same strategy to get rid of the monsters.

But this time was different.

When Andrew and Karime were about to attack, Ley extended her hand toward them.

Andrew’s expression changed.

“Careful!” He shouted and swung his sword in front of him. The sword clashed against something invisible, creating a shockwave that shook the swamp.

Following that, Ley pressed her hand down, and a powerful pressure tried to crush Andrew and Karime.

Andrew opened his eyes wide and pulled Karime aside, narrowly avoiding the attack.

But that put them close to the alligators, who did not hesitate to pounce on them.

“Dammit!” Andrew cursed and cut down a nearby monster. Karime also reacted quickly and created an ice barrier around them that stopped two of the monsters from pouncing on them.

But Ley did not allow them to catch their breath. Without moving from her location, she gestured with her hand, and every time, an unknown invisible attack would fall on them.

Fortunately, Andrew could somehow detect the attacks, but even so, it was not easy to defend against them.

After just one minute of battle, his body already sported several bruises.

Karime was in a similar situation. The only reason she had not been badly injured was that Andrew was doing his best to protect her.

“We can’t continue like this. Karime, I’m going to attack! You focus on defense!”

“Okay!”

Andrew then infused his body with mana while raising the output of [Limit Breakthrough] to the maximum.

Then, he took a step forward and disappeared. His movement was so fast that it far exceeded the speed of a tier four Awakened.

The next instant, he appeared in front of Ley using the flat side of his sword to attack her.

But to his surprise, his attack did not land.

In the instant when the sword was about to strike Ley, her eyes shone brightly.

Then, a surge of mana mixed with soul energy surged out of her, creating a powerful explosion.

*Boom!*

Andrew was blown away several meters. Fortunately, his body’s defense had increased due to [Limit Breakthrough], otherwise, he would have been severely injured.

Ley then ignored him and looked at Karime.

Extending her hand, she muttered a word.

“Die.”

Immediately, Karime felt a chill on her spine.

Her face turned pale, and a sense of doom filled her consciousness. She could not see any attack, but something told her that she was about to die, and the barrier of ice around her could do nothing to prevent it.

But at that moment, Andrew rose while swinging his sword in Karime’s direction.

*Swish!*

The sword cut something invisible.

Then, he glared at Ley in anger.

“You… You are really trying to kill her!”

Ley frowned displeased.

“How bothersome.”

Just now, she got an idea and thought of a new method of using her powers. She planned to use her skill to interfere with Karime’s mind and snuff out her consciousness, turning her into a vegetable, but Andrew’s interference stopped it.

He was proving to be a nuisance.

“Are you crazy, Ley!?” He asked in anger.

Ley snorted.

“So what if I am? She deserves to die, and I’m going to make sure it happens.”

“Shit! Wake up, Ley, this is not you!”

“No, this is me. It has always been me.”

With a cold gaze, she unleashed even more of her powers.

The water, mud, and rocks close to her started to float, orbiting around Ley while an immense pressure bore down on her two childhood friends.

Andrew’s gaze also turned cold.

“Then it looks like I must stop you.”

Just like Ley, an immense amount of mana was released from his body. The mana of the two of them clashed violently, creating a powerful whirlwind that swept everything nearby away.

The mana of the two of them was so powerful that Karime and the alligators were forced to retreat.

One second later, Andrew swung his sword, and Ley extended her hand.

In the next instant, a powerful explosion resounded throughout the dungeon.

33