Chapter 179 – Unconscious Ley
491 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A bit late but fourth chapter of the week. The fifth is coming after I'm back from work...

Three days had passed since the dungeon dive.

Surprisingly, the dungeon dive ended as a resounding success. According to the official statement, besides some hiccups, the goal of the activity was achieved.

I was really dumbfounded when I heard that. Some hiccups? Part of the dungeon was completely destroyed, and several students were injured!

But actually, everything we experienced in the dungeon was indeed a minor hiccup.

Most of the students did not come into contact with the infected, and the ones who did only thought they met some very aggressive students.

Furthermore, the battle against Ley only involved seven students. Although other students noticed the commotion, they did not think much of it.

In the end, the academy shrugged off everything as just a minor incident.

Of course, the involved parties knew the entire story, but it seemed like nobody planned to make their dirty dealings public.

However, it was not without consequences.

“How is Ley?” My mother asked after entering the medical room.

“Still stable, but she has not regained consciousness,” I replied briefly.

My mother sighed. She glanced at the bed where Ley lay asleep with a worried expression.

“What did the doctor say?”

“The same. Everything is alright, and the reason she has not woken up yet is due to shock or stress.”

After we defeated Ley, she fell unconscious and was taken to a hospital.

We did not think much of it at the start, but soon, we realized that the situation was much graver than we thought.

After an entire day passed, Ley did not show signs of regaining consciousness.

The doctors examined her and tried to find the reason, but despite being unconscious, she was completely healthy.

In the end, they could only give a vague answer about the reason she was like that.

“How are things on your side, Mom? Did you find anything?”

“I’m still investigating, but it’s not easy.” My mother furrowed her brows. “There are a lot of people involved in this situation, and they are obstructing me. You don’t need to worry about that, though. Just focus on taking care of your sister, I’ll take care of the rest.”

I nodded vaguely while deep in thought.

My mother is the director of Sanctuary’s Awakened Association, but that doesn’t mean she can disregard everybody else. Some people are powerful enough that she needs to tread with care, and the people involved in this incident are that kind of people.

Of course, I’m sure that is not enough to stop her.

For someone like my mother, who puts her family above everything else, the fact that they dare to touch her daughter is like touching her reverse scale.

She won’t stop until she punishes the people responsible.

Right then, my mother’s phone rang. She frowned briefly when she saw the name in the call before smiling at me apologetically.

“It looks like I need to work. Sorry, I can’t stay at Ley’s side even in this situation.”

“Don’t worry, mom. I understand.”

“I know you do.” She ruffled my hair like she used to when I was younger. “Take care of Ley. Call me if anything happens.”

“Okay. I know.”

“And don’t forget to eat in time. I’ll be heartbroken if you become sick due to caring for Ley.”

“Yeah, yeah, just go.”

My mother smiled. She grabbed the bag she had put beside the bed and walked out.

“Don’t worry. The people who did this to your sister will pay. I swear.”

I did not reply and just looked at the unconscious face of my sister.

She looked so peaceful, as though she was just asleep.

But I knew better.

“How is it, demon?”

[Same as before. Although it has slowed down, the seed is still spreading. It’s fortunate that your sister is fighting back, otherwise, she would have been completely infected by now.]

I nodded.

“Is it ready?”

[Almost. It should be ready by dawn. You should rest for now, so you are in top shape when the time comes.]

“Okay.” I nodded and closed my eyes, circulating my mana and activating Confidence to keep my mind in body in the best condition.

Ley needed my help, and the slightest carelessness could put both of us in danger.

Therefore, I suppressed the anger, rage, and killing intent I felt for the one who put my sister in this situation and focused on repeating the steps the demon indicated once and again in my mind.

I was going to make him pay.

But first, I needed to protect Ley.

 

 

As soon as she left the room, Helen’s expression became ice-cold.

“What news do you have?” She asked after answering the call.

[Same as before. Everything seems to point to that place.]

Helen snorted.

“Do they think I’m an idiot? A group of drug dealers? How can these trifling bastards be responsible for this? They are not even trying to hide they are scapegoats.”

[…]

“It looks like I have been too quiet lately. To think that someone would dare to touch my kids.”

[Director, that must have been an accident.]

“Accident or not, the fact is that my daughter is unconscious in a hospital right now. And for that, they must pay.”

[…]

“Send me a list with the names of the academy’s sponsors.”

[Can I ask why?]

“Is it not obvious? If they don’t plan to reveal who is behind this, then I’m going to act personally.”

[… I'm sending it.]

“And continue investigating. Call me as soon as you get any new clues.”

[Understood.]

The call ended, and a few seconds later, the list of the families and organizations sponsoring Sanctuary’s First was sent to her phone.

Helen looked at it and got in her car.

“Where to, director?”

“Let’s start with the mayor. He has some explanations to give me.”

Lately, she had not made any major moves, so some people had started to underestimate her.

But she, Helen Walker, was not a pushover.

And now that someone has dared to touch her family, they must pay the price in blood.

 

27