Chapter 183 – Manifested Seed (2)
468 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The figure that appeared was vastly different than the roots and rootlets we had been fighting before. It was strong, smart, and possessed authority over the dreamscape superior to mine.

As a manifestation of the Seed, it could use all the contaminated mental energy freely. The firepower it could unleash was frightening.

Just ten seconds after it appeared, dozens of statues and plushies were decimated and afterward used as fertilizer to nurture more roots. It alone tilted the battlefield in favor of the seed.

Naturally, I was not just watching while the seed destroyed our defensive line. Using my authority over the dreamscape, I created hundreds of different weapons. Spears, swords, arrows, and axes appeared from the walls, roof, and floor and flew toward the army of roots.

But it was like a pebble falling into a lake. The roots I destroyed were almost immediately replenished, and the mental energy used on the weapons was pillaged by the seed, employing it to spread its corruption even more.

“Then, I only need to kill their leader,” I muttered.

Extending my hand, I controlled a part of the dreamscape and turned it into a giant spear I controlled to attack the manifestation of the seed.

The giant spear pierced throughout the corridor, its sheer size being enough to destroy anything in its way.

Just before the pike could reach the seed, the manifestation also extended its hand. An instant later, countless roots and rootlets gathered around her, wrapping around each other and turning into a giant spike of similar size to the spear I created.

*Boom!*

The clash of the giant weapons resounded throughout the dreamscape. The nearby statues and roots were crushed into bits, and a section of the corridor was completely destroyed.

The one that came on top was my spear.

Compared to the seed’s crude way of controlling the dreamscape, my control over it was way finer. If both of us used similar amounts of mental energy, I was guaranteed to win.

But although its control was crude, its reserves were much larger than mine.

Right now, the seed had control over most of the dreamscape.

If it could not stop my spear with one spike, it just needed to create more.

In less than one second, three similar spikes had appeared behind it.

[[[You… Have… No… Chance… Surrender…]]]

The three spikes charged towards the spear, and this time, the loser was the spear.

It was gouged apart in seconds.

I clicked my tongue and turned more parts of the dreamscape into weapons to face the seed’s spikes. The giant weapons filled my vision, facing against the seed’s spikes and roots and trying to slow it down as much as possible.

The battle turned the remaining of the dreamscape into shreds. The few surviving plushies were torn apart and the contamination accelerated greatly.

Eventually, only the room where Ley was meditating remained.

I was panting heavily while suppressing a terrible headache. Although I had not used my mental energy directly, controlling Ley’s dreamscape had taken a burden on me.

Looking around, only roots, rootlets, and destruction could be seen.

The manifestation of the seed walked calmly towards me.

[[[Surrender… Brother…]]]

I just stared at her with a sharp gaze.

[We should retreat.] The demon suggested.

I shook my head. I still had a card I could play.

Although it was dangerous, it should be enough to buy a couple of minutes more.

[You are not thinking about using your mental energy, right?]

‘I’m not that foolish.’

Although what I’m planning could be just as foolish.

[Wait, you are planning to materialize a piece of your dreamscape and detonate it! Crazy! You will suffer serious injuries!]

But it should give Ley a couple of minutes more.

The demon was speechless, but finally, he laughed with an entertained expression.

[Hahaha, what a madman. I’m not sure if I should admire you or look down on you for being an idiot.]

I don’t care.

As long as I can protect Ley.

[[[You… Won’t… Surrender…]]] The manifestation of the seed seemed to have realized I was not going to give up. [[[It… Doesn’t… Matter……. Soon… we’ll… be… one…]]]

“Dream on.”

The seed looked at me with an indifferent expression and extended its hand.

At that moment, all the roots and rootlets surrounding me charged forward.

I took a deep breath and called upon a portion of my mental energy, intending to detonate it to destroy part of the seed and buy more time.

But then, a wave of mental energy pulsed from the room I was protecting.

At the same time, a voice full of killing intent resounded throughout the entire dreamscape.

[HOW DARE YOU TO ATTACK MY BROTHER!]

The dreamscape shook. The roots and rootlets attacking me shrieked in fear before disintegrating into sand that was blown away by the wind.

A girl stepped out of the room with an ice-cold look.

Her auburn hair billowed with the wind, and her obsidian-like eyes glowed powerfully. An immense amount of mental energy surrounded her, following her orders like faithful subjects.

[[[You... How!?]]] The seed questioned in disbelief.

“Dirty invader. Anyone who dares to touch my brother deserves to die.”

Ley extended her hand, and the dreamscape followed her will.

The remaining room turned into dust before gathering on her hand in the shape of a sword.

She held the sword with an ice-cold expression and aimed it at the manifestation of the seed.

“Any last words?”

The seed shrieked.

Countless roots and rootlets emerged from the darkness, surging like a tsunami toward Ley.

But facing that wave, the owner of this dreamscape remained undisturbed.

With a calm expression, she swung her sword.

“Begone.”

And the wave was cut into two.

 

26