Chapter 185 – Ley Wakes Up
584 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fifth chapter...

 

...

 

A few minutes later, Ley opened her eyes on a hospital bed.

“How are you?” I asked immediately with a concerned expression.

Ley looked at me and put on a feeble smile.

“Hey, brother.”

“Let me call the doctor,” I said and hurriedly went to search for a doctor.

Soon, the doctor came and checked up on Ley.

Despite Ley waking up and looking alright, it was still necessary to go through the concerning procedures to guarantee there was not any hidden danger.

Finally, after several hours, they concluded that everything was alright.

They chalked up Ley’s coma to stress and exhaustion and told her to rest more.

Ley and I looked at each other and giggled after the doctor left.

“Exhaustion, is it? Is that the best they can come with?”

I stroked her head and shrugged.

“You can’t blame them. They are not qualified to deal with soul-related problems.”

Ley hummed in agreement.

It had been just a few decades since the first awakened appeared, and although the existence of the soul had been proved scientifically, almost nothing was known about it.

Humanity's doctors knew next to nothing about the soul. If an awakened receives soul-related damage, there is nothing they can do for him.

Just like Ley just now. The reason she was unconscious was due to the seed in her soul, but the doctors had no idea about it.

Even if they were given one year to find the problem, they would have found nothing.

“How are you feeling? I there anything wrong?” I asked Ley while cutting an apple and putting a slice in her mouth.

Ley bit it happily while looking at me with her beautiful black eyes.

“Nothing I can think of. I have been examining myself to see if there is any side effect left from the seed, but I felt the same as before.”

“That is good.” I sighed in relief. “Even so, you should be careful. If you notice something wrong, tell me immediately. I’ll see what I can do.”

Ley nodded before putting on a hesitant expression.

“Hey, brother… I’m curious, how did you know about what was happening to me?”

I stiffened.

I hurriedly tried to return my expression to normal, but Ley managed to notice.

“As I thought, that seed should be somehow related to you, right?”

I did not reply.

This was related to the demon. It was not something I could tell her lightly.

Ley observed my expression and sighed.

“It looks like I was right.”

“Sorry, I can’t tell you.”

“Is it related to the thing you have been hiding since you Awakened?”

I opened my eyes wide and looked at Ley in surprise.

Ley let out a soft giggle while smiling.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m your sister. There is no way I did not notice you were hiding something. I just didn't ask.”

I smiled wryly.

“You are really sharp.”

“Of course. How can I miss something related to my dear brother?”

I see. So Ley noticed something wrong with me, huh?

I thought I was doing a good job at hiding it.

“Brother, no matter what it is, you can trust me. I will never betray you, no matter what happens.”

“I know.” I sighed and stroked her head. How could I don’t know?

The two people I can trust the most in my life and Ley and my brother. I’m confident they will never do anything that can harm me.

But–

[You can’t tell her. You must not reveal my existence to anyone.]

I put on a wry smile.

It was not that simple.

“Sorry, Ley. I can’t tell you. Not yet.”

Ley showed an expression of disappointment.

“Is it so?” She sighed before grabbing my hands and looking straight into my eyes with a determined look. “I understand. But brother, I hope you can tell me one day. I want to help you, to support you in anything you do. Even if you can’t trust anyone else, you can trust me.”

I let out a long breath and smiled.

“I know.”

I then caressed her hair and pulled her toward my chest.

Ley was startled, but she soon smiled and closed her eyes, enjoying the situation.

We stayed like that for a while, just listening to each other heartbeat.

Once more, I realized how important Ley was for me.

Just at that moment, my phone rang.

I looked at it and saw it was Jazmine from the student assembly.

“Jazmine, what’s up?”

[Hello, Jane. I heard Ley woke up.]

“She did. The doctor said everything was fine. She just needs rest.”

[That’s good. I was really worried. Give her my regards.]

“I will.”

[By the way, do you have time now?]

I put on a serious expression.

“What happened?”

[There is an advance in the investigation.] Jazmine said. [I think we found some new clues.]

“I’m going there immediately,” I said before hanging up the phone.

Finally, it seems like there is a new lead.

“Sorry, Ley. I think I need to leave.” I explained to my sister with an apologetic expression.

Ley furrowed her brows.

“Was that Jazmine?”

“Huh? Yeah, it was her.”

“I see.” She nodded and narrowed her eyes.

I tilted my head curiously, but Ley’s expression soon returned to normal, making me wonder if it was an illusion.

“I understand, be careful.”

I nodded and kissed her forehead before leaving.

It’s time to start to hunt that bastard.

He dared to touch my sister, and for that, I will make him pay.

 

 

As soon as Jane left, Ley frowned and her eyes shone with a sharp light.

“Jazmine, huh? She has been awfully close to my brother lately.”

She did not notice, but at some point, she was releasing a murky and hostile wave of mental energy.

“Sylvia as well, and that old woman… Why are there so many women around him?”

With every passing second, her mental energy became murkier and darker.

“As expected, I must keep an eye on him. I must protect him from them.”

Eventually, her mental energy became strong enough to make every person in the hospital feel oppressed.

“Only I can protect him.”

 

27