Chapter 188 – Follow Up
368 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another chapter coming in a few hours...

 

...

 

We left Scylla’s office with heavy expressions.

“What do you think, Harry? Can we trust her words?” Professor Doris asked Professor Harry.

“I think so. She won’t go to that length just to lie.”

Doris nodded.

“Even so, we should be cautious. Jazmine, Jane, don’t spread this information to anyone else.”

“What is the next step?” I asked them.

Doris fell silent for a brief moment before talking.

“You are students, so your focus should be on studying. We will take care of this from here.”

“But–”

“Not buts, Jazmine. I have never heard about ‘White Coats’, but the fact that they managed to introduce a drug into Sanctuary’s First means that they are not your common street thug. In the worst case, we could be dealing with a dangerous crime syndicate. It’s not something you as students should get involved with.”

Jazmine hesitated briefly after hearing Doris’s words, but in the end, she nodded.

Professor Doris then looked at me.

“I know you are angry about what happened to your sister, Jane, but don’t be reckless. Don’t worry, We’ll inform you about any advance in the situation. Don’t worry, I promise you I’ll do my best to reach the bottom of this.”

I nodded with a dark expression.

I don't agree, but there is no point in going against the professors here.

Professor Doris stared at me with a frown as though she wanted to say something else, but in the end, she just sighed.

“You are a smart boy. I trust you won’t do something foolish.”

“I won't.”

“I hope so. Go home and remember not to reveal the contents of our conversation with Professor Scylla. Be careful on the way.”

Jazmine and I nodded and left.

On the way out, Jazmine looked at me with an awkward expression.

“Sorry, I did not think the professors would stop us from investigating. Are you mad?”

I shook my head.

“I’m not. Don’t worry, I understand their reasoning.”

“That is good.”

Jazmine smiled in relief. She then looked around, and when she realized there was nobody nearby, she approached me and whispered something in my ear.

“I plan to continue investigating the students who took the drugs. Perhaps I can dig out something else.”

 I was surprised. I did not think she would go against the orders of the professors just after listening to their warnings.

But when I saw her gaze, I realized the reason.

She was worried that I would do something rash, so she was trying to placate me this way.

I forced out a small laugh.

“Thank you, senior.”

She smiled.

“By the way, you promised to treat me to something, remember? Now that I think about it, I am feeling a bit hungry.”

I chuckled.

“Is there any good restaurant nearby?”

“Well, I know a nice place five minutes away. The steak there is mouthwatering. What do you think?”

“I’m in. But I think I need to use the bathroom first. Can you wait for me here?”

“Don’t problem. But don’t take too long. It’s bad to leave a lady waiting.”

I chuckled at Jazmine’s cute joke before walking in the direction of the bathroom.

But as soon as I left her sight, my expression became cold.

Taking out my phone, I dialed a number.

A few seconds later, a male voice answered.

[What a surprise. I was not expecting your call, young master.]

“I have a request for you.” I went straight to the point.

The voice paused briefly.

[How unusual. Do tell. I’ll see what I can do.]

“I need all the information you can find on the ‘White Coats’.”

The person on the other side of the phone fell silent.

After several seconds, he finally let out a sigh.

[Where did you hear that name?] He asked me.

I was startled, but after pondering for a couple of seconds, I understood.

“I see, you are already investigating them. It looks like you have found out more than I thought.”

[… The director’s daughter was injured. I had not seen her this angry in a long time, so I had to hurry and get results.]

“That is good. Send me the information you have found.”

[I’m afraid I can’t do that.] He said with a difficult expression. [These guys are a bit dangerous. If the director learns that I gave you their information, she will kill me.]

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to my mother.”

[Then ask her to give you their information herself. I have already sent it to her.]

I was stumped.

I know my mother. She will surely refuse if I ask her for the information.

She won't give me something that could put me in danger.

From the looks of it, ‘White Coats’ should be a fairly dangerous organization, and there is no way my mother will agree to me getting involved with them.

But I must do it. Not just to avenge Ley, but also because my life depends on it.

There is someone out there who will try to kill me when he discovers that I have a piece of the demon in my mind. If I don’t want to be killed suddenly without understanding the reason, I must take the initiative.

I gritted my teeth.

“Please, help me this time. I will owe you a favor.”

The person on the other side did not reply immediately. After considering my words for a brief moment, he finally acceded.

[… I will send you the basic information, but you must promise me that you will talk with the director. Otherwise, I’ll be in serious shit.]

I sighed in relief.

“Thank you.”

[Remember, you owe me a favor.]

“I know.”

After listening to my reply, he finished the call.

Not even one minute later, I received an e-mail with information about ‘White Coats’.

I did not look at it immediately. I planned to read it carefully in the hospital.

For now, I should go back before Jazmine becomes suspicious.

I hope this information can be helpful.

21