Chapter 116 – Maid…?
1.5k 5 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The woman’s speech made the atmosphere solemn.

Many students that had come with a relaxed mentality gulped down a mouthful of saliva, somehow understanding that their lives were about to change completely.

Just like the woman on the podium said, after becoming students of this place, we are considered mature Awakened, and at the same time, reserve members of humanity’s army.

In case of an emergency, we could be drafted forcibly and made to fight monsters, foreign races, or even other Awakened.

It could seem cruel considering the fact that the age of the students in this hall was around fifteen years old, but the truth was that humanity did not have the luxury to care about that.

Although it seemed like human society was in a relatively peaceful state, hidden behind that façade of peacefulness was a world filled with blood, death, and struggles.

Humanity was weak. Any of the foreign races was stronger than us; moreover, we were under the constant threat of dungeons and monsters.

In that situation, every bit of fighting potential available must be used. It was already fortunate that we were allowed to grow up until fifteen before asking us to contribute.

It was much worse ten years ago when the war was in its most critical state. Back then, even ten or eleven-year-old children were conscripted as soldiers and taught to use weapons.

After the woman finished explaining the basic rules of the academy, she started to talk about the things that we needed to know before starting our life as students of Sanctuary’s First.

“There is a QR code on the back of every chair. You can download the academy’s app through it. After installing it, input your ID number and the app will guide you to create a new account. Once the account has been created, you will see the list of your courses for this semester. There are a total of eight courses every semester, and for the first semester, six of these courses are mandatory are two are electives.

“For the elective courses, you can choose anything you want, but you should ask for advice from a teacher before deciding. Don’t worry, though. Even if you choose a course that is not suitable for you, you have one week to change it to another course. But after that, you won’t be allowed to change it anymore.”

I listened to the woman’s words and followed the instructions. When I finished registering my account, an Interfax showing my name and data appeared.

I clicked on [Courses] and a list with six subjects and two blank spaces appeared.

The six mandatory courses were:

Introduction to mana and skills

Introduction to combat

Introduction to dungeons

Introduction to monsters and foreign species

Laws regarding Awakened I

Mana manipulation I

There was nothing much to be said about the six courses. Most Awakened Colleges had the same curriculum for the first semester.

It was more important to choose suitable elective courses.

There were a whopping total of thirty elective courses, such as Swordsmanship I, Skill Development I, Dungeon Studies I, or Martial Arts I. Students needed to be careful when choosing because their choices were going to influence their future development.

I already knew what I was going to choose, though, and it was the same for Ley.

For my two elective courses I was going to choose [Martial Arts I] and [Dueling I], and Ley told me that she planned to choose [Skill Development I] and [Psychology I].

I was thinking about choosing [Spearsmanship I], but I don’t think that class can be better than the demon’s teachings, so I finally decided on [Martial Arts I].

I think I can learn something good from that class.

I heard that Andrew planned to choose [Swordsmanship I], but I don’t know about his second elective. I don’t know about Karime’s choices either.

By the way– I stared at Sylvia curiously “What electives are you choosing?”

Sylvia smiled mischievously and winked.

“It’s a secret.”

I rolled my eyes but stopped asking. Anyway, I will know later.

The woman soon finished explaining everything. She then answered the questions of some students before ending today’s induction.

The start of the classes was scheduled for one week later, and the information about the schedule would be sent to our account.

We were told that we could take a walk around the academy’s grounds if we wanted to familiarize ourselves with it, so Ley and I had already decided to go along with the suggestion.

Sylvia enthusiastically joined us.  Just like that, the three of us walked around the academy grounds until it was time for lunch.

We then went to the cafeteria and ordered a light meal. Surprisingly, the food was pretty good.

“As expected of the best Awakened college.” I could not help but sigh.

Ley giggled and Sylvia let out a small chuckle.

“I don’t think you should evaluate if a college is good just from the food.”

“Maybe, but it’s important.”

“I guess so.” Sylvia grinned. “Well, we will be classmates for the next three years, so I will be in your care.”

“Same here,” Ley and I smiled.

After lunch, we continue sightseeing around the university before deciding to call it a day. We then left the academy and got ready to go back home.

But at that moment, Sylvia groaned.

I was startled and followed her gaze, only to see a limo waiting outside the academy.

Ley and I raised an eyebrow in surprise.

“Is it here for you?” I asked Sylvia.

She smiled bitterly and nodded before walking toward the limo.

Just then, a woman walked out of the limo.

It was a beautiful woman with short brown hair and black eyes. She had a small smile on her face, and strangely, her aura felt gentle, like a spring flower.

But the most striking feature of the woman was her maid dress. It was my first time seeing one in real life.

“Young miss, I’m here to take you home.”

… Damn, what kind of background does Sylvia has?

Her family even has a real maid.

67