Chapter 32 – Bloodthirsty Sneer
583 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The one sitting at the head of the table was the current chairman of the Cosmos Group-- Stuart Ao. He was about fifty years old, and what time had left on him was only gray sideburns and a few wrinkles on his forehead. He must be no less handsome than his only son, Che Stuart, when he was young.

The aura of the huge meeting room began to get tense for the rash intrusion of Che Stuart. Stuart Ao sat there calmly, with his fingers crossed gracefully, and looked at his son at the door lackadaisically.

“If my memory serves me right, you should be at the Hong Kong Branch of the Cosmos Group. Can you tell me what brings you from Asia to America?”

Pushing the door of the conference room open with both hands, Che Stuart whose handsome face was cold glanced at the crowd with his sharp eyes, “You all have one minute to get out here.”

The young master of Cosmos Group gave such a command, and all the people gasped in astonishment at the same time. Stuart Ao, who was also shocked, smiled like an old fox who had been trained for many years, “Che, if you apologize now, I can regard your behavior just as the willfulness caused by long separation from your father.”

“I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you!” with his chin up, Che Stuart was like Satan wearing an evil face. He walked into the meeting room and smacked his hand down on to the table impolitely, “I don’t want to say more. Get out of here at once!”

Hearing the roar, all of the clerks were scared out of their wits. Che Stuart glared at his father Stuart Ao, who was already angry, and said, “If you don't want to lose your prestige in front of your subordinates, I hope you can do as I say.”

Staring at his son for a few minutes, Stuart Ao raised his hand and made a retreat gesture to the subordinates, then all of them leave their seats, trembling with fear. When only they two were left in the meeting room, Stuart Ao rose to his feet, approached his son and gave Che a hard slap across the face.

“Why did you contradict me? Give me a reason.”

He had regarded his only son as the apple of his eye since Che Stuart was a boy. He had not expected that Che dared to embarrass him in front of so many subordinates.

Head cocked, Che Stuart rubbed his numb chin with his fist, and a bloodthirsty sneer emerged at his lip corner.

“I have a cruel father,” Che’s smile was full of cruelty, “Years ago, my mother eloped with another man because of your selfishness. Now she has passed away in Japan, but you don't even frown. Dad, tell me whether there is love or not in your world.”

“What do I owe her? I have given her inexhaustible money and honour and make her a lady of high society. Do I make a mistake in trying so hard to make the Stuarts’ Family occupy a place in the world?”

At the thought of his former wife, Stuart Ao was as angry as his son. He was the perfect man with handsome appearance, wealth and status, but his wife eloped with his best friend...

“Do you think money can really buy everything?”

 “Of course!”

“So eight years ago, you went to Jingyou Jane’s home and tried to use money to compel her to stay away from me, just because you thought she was not noble enough?” His father destroyed his happiness, and hate was growing in Che’s heart. If the man who measured everything with money was not his father, Che Stuart really wanted to kill him.

Stuart Ao, questioned by his son, forced himself to hide the shock on his face. He pretended to be calm and gave a heavy smile, “Have you found the woman again? She told you about that?”

“So is it really you that are to blame for Jane's mysterious disappearance in America?” Che Stuart narrowed his eyes, and hatred sparks flashed in his eyes. He clenched his fists in anger so tight that they made the sound of cracks.

Seeing his son’s expression, Stuart Ao was so angry that he hit the table with his fist. “For a woman, do you have to be so disrespectful to your father? Che Stuart, don't forget I'm your father. I have given you great power and inexhaustible wealth since you were born. Every time you get in trouble, I will be there to deal with the mess for you. Eight years ago, you nearly beat the kid of Cage Group to disability because of that girl, If I hadn't given them 30 million dollars to disguise it, do you think you would still be standing here and yelling at your father?”

“So you impute your dissatisfaction with me to Jingyou Jane?”

“If it weren't for that woman, you wouldn't do those stupid things,” Stuart Ao raised his chin haughtily. “I will not allow any one to stand in the way of my son's prospects; besides, the woman's father was a robber. How can a woman of humble birth be together with the would-be successor of the Stuarts?” 

Hearing this, Che Stuart sneered, “Dad, I have spent eight miserable years for your stubbornness and self-righteousness. Not only me, but my son- your grandson has been left out for eight years. Sometimes I think you are stupid indeed!”

“Grandson?” Stuart Ao knitted his knife-shaped eyebrows, “I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Jane was pregnant with my son eight years ago!”

The shocked expression appeared on Stuart Ao's face again. His facial muscles quivered a little, and he stared at his son in confusion, as if being unable to accept the fact for a time.

“I can't believe the man who has ruined my happiness is my father,” Che Stuart sneered, and he stared haughtily at his silent father. “If I am just a tool for you to achieve the domination of the business world in your mind, I will inform you that I will give up the succession right of the Cosmos Group!”

“Che--” Stuart Ao, with eyes wide open, seemed as if he couldn't believe his son’s words.

“You didn’t hear wrong!” There was nothing jokey about it in his cold face, “I've been thinking about it for a long time. The only way I can get my happiness is to get out of your power. A press conference will be held later to tell the world about it. Bye!”

Turning around, he left the meeting room mercilessly.

Stuart Ao, left stupefied there, seemed to be still in a daze for a time. God! What did his son say just now? Renounce the succession right of the Cosmos Group?

Che Stuart-- that bastard-- had he been crazy?

“Youyou, do you think our home has been terribly quiet lately?”

In Jane's apartment, Jiabao Jane put his hands under his chin, with some confusion in his big and twinkling eyes, “Now Boss Stuart has already known the relationship between us, so I don't think he would leave us alone, but... It's been three days since you resign and he hasn’t come to us...”

His words made Jane raise her head from the job-hunting newspaper. In fact, from the day she resigned, she found something wrong with Che Stuart’s look, which should not be his style.

She had never been so lost, and she felt a kind of unreal fear in her heart. Che Stuart was increasingly breaking down the defenses that she had been building up over the years.

“Youyou, although I don't really want to have a brilliant father, I hope you can be happy.” Jiabao pulled a long face, “Boss Stuart is so kind to me. The moment when we turned around and were about to leave in Japan that day, I saw him crying. I guess he must be sad. How about going to find him? We elope with him together. Fuck the Cosmos Group! Let’s abduct dad, shall we?”

His proposal made Jingyou Jane smile, and she gave her son a slap on the head, “You are too naive. If you were starving and there was a big and rich meal in front of you, would you go out to play with others at this time?”

Read latest chapters -> Clinging President: My Girl, I Want You!

0