Stage II, Chapter III: The Karman Krew
277 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"As always, I'll just stay here in the middle of you guys need me. Although I can walk, I still get tired relatively easily. Try to find a map of the whole place or something. It'll be easier if Catalyn can picture what it looks like." Kenneth explains.

"Catalyn needs.. to know the layout." (Catalyn)

"Well, there you go. What about you, big brother?" Kenneth looks towards Lucas. "You're the fastest out of all of us. You can bring Tyrone along with you too. The dog's been quiet for a long time now.." 

"Woof?" Tyrone, hearing his name, raises his head from his sleeping spot.

"I got him. He can run fast. I guess me and Tyrone can focus on the '◇' dummies. You guys can look around the whole stadium for the '☆' dummies."

"I'll go with Aurelia. Speaking of Aurelia. Where is she?" Lena looks around and finally spots her looking around eagerly. Running towards her, Lena hugs the frail elf. "What are you doing, little sis?" She asks her.

"Just looking. around. You're kinda heavy, Lena." Aurelia struggles to maintain her balance as Lena's two sizable mounds squish her small body.

"I'm not getting fat, am I?!" Lena touches her body in weird places. "Tell me?! Am I!?" Lena grabs a hold of Aurelia's body and shakes it vigorously. 

Now dizzy, Aurelia had a hard time replying, but she was able to reply. "No... you're not. Give me a second. Blrughhhh..." Aurelia retreats a small distance away from Lena, before hiding in a small patch of grass. She vomits out all her dizziness onto the green grass.

"Forgive me, Krodoa." She says, after puking all over the grass.

"It's Virtual Reality..." Lena peaks over her shoulder and sees her puke on the ground. "Umm... breath mints?" Lena takes out a pack of breath mints from her pocket, and hands one over to Aurelia.

"How... does this work exactly?" Aurelia tilts her head to the side in confusion.

"Oh, easy. Just pop it in your mouth for a few minutes until it dissolves. It'll make your breath fresh and not smelly." Lena explains. 

"I.. see." Aurelia, still wary of the white ball that had blue spots all over it, soon takes it in her mouth like she was drinking a pill.

"Mm.. this feels.. refreshing." Aurelia, with the breath mint in her mouth, made surprising reactions upon feeling the coolness inside her mouth.

"Hehe. See? Come on, let's head back to the group." Lena grabs a still surprised Aurelia by the arm and the two head back to their siblings, who looked like they had finished planning.

"Oh, you're back. Good. Tyrone went off on his own when you guys were gone. He came back with a map." Kenneth waves the paper map around in his hand. "But seriously, for all this futuristic tech this stadium still uses paper maps. I've already finished studying all of the areas, so you guys take your time." Kenneth hands over the map to Lena, who spreads it out in her hands, and Aurelia also takes a look, although finding that the maps in this continent were far more complex than her old ones, decided on leaving it all to Lena.

"Catalyn.. has finished." Catalyn, holding another map in her hand, gives it back to Kenneth. 

"Good job. What about you, big bro?" Kenneth asks Lucas.

"You want me to read that thing? Hah, at most I'll forget it in ten minutes. I'll just have Tyrone sense if any of the '☆' dummies still have mana, then we'll go from there." 

"I see. Well, good luck with your posts. Catalyn, come here. For now, let's teleport to the places I told you about." Kenneth beckons over to Catalyn.

"Catalyn.. knows where to place it." She was referring to her portals. "Young master.. seats first?" Kenneth nods to that question.

"Alright, we'll be setting up some portals. Remember the locations. There will be one at the east side seats. There's a billboard on top with the Koka Kola logo on it, you can't miss it. Just in case you can't find it, Lena will, later on, flash a Light Beam to the sky like a beacon. Another one is at the west side seats, and two more for the north and south." Kenneth and Catalyn head through a portal that the latter conjured up, and are soon gone.

"If you're too far away from my beacon, say like on the other side of the stadium, you can just look through the seat numbers. North is J2, South is K7, and East is H6. Don't worry if you can't make it. We just have to save as many '☆' dummies as possible, but it didn't say that we had to escape during that time." Lena explains. "Aurelia, come with me." 

A few minutes later, another portal appears out of thin air, and the figure of Kenneth and Catalyn walks through it.

"Alright, is everyone ready? Now then, commence Mind Link!" Kenneth chants the spell for his signature move.

A few seconds later.

"Alright. Can you guys hear me? Testing, testing... one, two, three, three two one..." Kenneth says in their mind.

"We hear you." All of them say in unison. Along with Tyrone, of course, with his "woof!"

"Alright. Head out as planned. Tyrone, make sure you signal me whenever you find a '☆' dummy. According to the A.I, there should be twenty '☆' dummies on each side." All five of them leave, with Catalyn, leaving a portal nearby in case Kenneth needed to escape.

"There they go. Alright, time to focus." Kenneth closes his eyes, takes a few deep breaths, and after a few moments, opens his eyes again. A green tint, even brighter is seen, replacing his original brown eyes. 

"Skill Used: Database Link         Time To Activate: 4.3 seconds     Number Of Dummies Affected: 0 (Duration: Until mana runs out)" 

This was Kenneth's new skill. Database Link, an enhanced version of Mind Link. Currently, Kenneth had forcibly managed to "get in the zone", although it's not in full power. 

"Heh. This is my first time using this, but it worked pretty well if I say so myself." 

Additional Info: The A.I recognizes "Database Link" as an enhanced version of "Mind Link". This improved version allows Mr. Kenneth to feel as if he is the person by splitting his consciousness into different people. At present, he is using it to connect himself with five people, therefore only having a fifth of his original power.

"That itself, though, is already plenty." Kenneth chuckles upon seeing the A.I's results.

 

 

 

 

 

 

14