Stage II, Chapter XXXVI: And That’s How It Ended
76 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good morning! Here's another chapter. Just woke up, and am about to finish up the remaining homework I have left.

Certainly a very anti-climactic ending. I was thinking that I was going to be able to fight a few more Karman, but it is what it is. 

And that's how the invasion of the Karman was put to an end. In the same day, the sheer might of the Fahndra Royal Army broke through the invading Karman, and killed all of them, left none alive. 

The red haired man, who I had left in the ship, had came out soon later after I was escorted to the plane. 

I was actually able to see him through the window, but he couldn't see me. 

I was brought back to the Royal Palace, and much to my surprise, was treated like a king. Lyra probably ordered them too. But seriously, isn't this excessive? I was literally taken for a bath, fed so much food, and put to sleep! 

But now it's a new morning. I still can't believe what has happened to me. I toss and turn for the first ten minutes or so after I woke up. 

After satisfying myself by rolling around the soft clutches of the bed, I take the time to actually look around the room. I fell asleep the moment I was put to bed, so I didn't get to see much of the palace's halls and rooms.

Who I am I kidding, I can't see anything at all! The bed is surrounded by a translucent curtain, blocking my vision. I can't reach for it either, as there is a considerable distance between the edge of the bed and the cloth. 

So I'm stuck here. Well, until someone picks me up. Which I hope happens soon, because I need to go to the bathroom real bad. 

And just as I thought about it, the door to my room burst open.

Probably one of the maids. I attempt to make some crying noises, which I fail horribly at. 

I've been speaking like a full adult for such a long time now, that I completely forgot that I was still a month and a half old baby.

Luckily, the curtains are pulled open, revealing Lyra, my new sister. At least, that's what she told me to tell her. 

"I hear you, you know! Come, my baby brother! It is time for breakfast!" The princess scoops me up from the bed, and brings me outside. 

Did I forget to say that she could read my mind? Yeah, I know. It's like I have no privacy at all. Reminds me of a certain someone. 

The halls of the palace were indeed quite extravagant. Almost every corner you'd turn there'd be a picture or painting of one of the Royal Family members. 

Odd enough that the leaders of an advanced country would still be using paintings. But I guess that adds to the overall atmosphere of the palace. Each of the paintings would probably be able to buy my family's house. 

"Did my baby brother have a good sleep yesterday?" Lyra takes me from my place on her shoulder and raises me in front of her. 

"I... did." 

"That's great! Are you enjoying your stay here?"

"I... guess?" 

"We have an important meeting to attend today, you know. The King will be personally meeting you." 

"What?! No, no, no, no. Why?" 

"Well, I have to introduce you to him. I should've done it yesterday, but seeing as how my baby brother was so tired..." she pokes my nose. "I figured I'd let you have your beauty sleep and just postpone the meeting until tomorrow." 

"I don't know a single thing about talking to Royals. And I don't bow my head to anyone." 

"That's okay, too! We'll just give the excuse to Father that you are a cripple." 

"Speaking of being a cripple, you have any ideas on helping me fix this?" 

"I'm afraid not." Her tone switches to that of a sad one.

"Why's that?" 

"Look at me. Did you notice I was blind?" 

"Well, yes, the first time I met you."

"Of course. This blindness is due to my body carrying three different mana types. It can't handle the power, and thus must take away one of my senses in order to keep it inside me." 

"I'm sorry to hear that." 

"No, no, don't be sorry. I get by just fine, see! We've been walking through the halls for the past few minutes, and I haven't bumped into anything yet!" 

"That doesn't explain my crippled-ness, though. I'm not strong." 

"No, no, you're not, of course. Because your just naturally that way! Leave most of the fighting to your big sister." 

"That doesn't sound very encouraging. People would usually tell me to get stronger." 

"I know you'll find a way to break your own "lock" someday, little brother. Maybe until then, you'll let your big sister protect you. Ah, we must've talked too much. We have arrived at the throne room. Please tidy yourself." 

I look at the large, towering door in front of us. When I mean towering, I mean it. It was about as tall as if fifteen of me's were stacked up on top of each other. 

How do people open these things? Do they hire big burly men just for the sake of pushing these open? 

Seems not. Lyra, seeing my confusion, tells me to wrap my arms around her neck, as she asks me to hold on.

Once I had a good grip, she clapped her hands three times, each one having a distinctive pause in between.

Then magically, the door began opening, revealing what appeared to be another large hallway, and on the end of it, I could see the throne.

Taking me back from my spot behind her neck, Lyra once again held me in a cradle, before entering the room.

One man was sitting on it. He wore a large wool cloth, one that was dyed red. It was tied almost like a scarf, and dropped down behind him, making him look like he was wearing a blanket. 

The King's eyes visibly rose up the moment he saw the two of us enter the room. 

Then, after a surprisingly long time crossing the hallway, we were finally face to face with the King Of Fahndra himself. 

We did not bow. We did not prostrate. Surely the King wouldn't make his daughter do that. And surely she explained to him about my illness. 

"So, ahem... Lyra. This is who your consort is?" After an awkward silence, the King was the first to speak up. 

"Well, in that sort, yes." Mind giving more details, Lyra?! Because only saying that sentence gives way to more questions than answers! 

Probably hearing my thoughts, Lyra smirks at me.

"But not at the moment. He's only my little brother, for now."

At least you finished it. And no, I hope I stay your little brother.

"I-see... I must ask you again, though. Is this baby really the one who you've been getting predictions on?" 

"Yes, yes! Do not worry, father." 

8