Stage III, Chapter IV: The Journey To Klolla (Part I)
96 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Longer chapter for you guys!

The rise of a new noble house was very surprising to many of the nobles. There had not been any family who had ascended into nobility for a very long time. 

The threshold required to reach this was obviously very high, and yet House Enchanter seemed to have passed through it easily.

Respect! House Enchanter demands respect. But they would have to earn it. 

Being an honorary noble house, they did not own land. Aside from the names that the King gave them, he had also proposed to buy the Kuman ship parts that Lucas and Catalyn had pocketed quite a while ago. 

Kenneth thought it weird that they knew everything about them, but he paid no mind. He decided that the price that the King gave was good enough. 

Not that the money paid by the King was the slightest bit low or lacking. It was certainly more than enough, but the siblings decided to send a good portion of the money over to their house and to other charities in the region. 

With the war, came many deaths. People would've obviously lost their loved ones, and it is still evident today.

Ever since the invasion ended, the continent expended multiple assets in order to assist the rebuilding of Fahndra, where the epicenter of the portal was, which was Argonsville. 

It wasn't like money was going to be a problem. For now at least. If the siblings needed more money they could just work for more.

Currently, most of House Enchanter were near the Phase Gate. And as the third princess waved goodbye to her brother, she'd have to think back to the time in her head when it was foretold that Kenneth would be gone for a longer amount of time than he should've been.

"Well, this is it, big sister. I'll see you in a few years?" (Kenneth)

"...Yes! A few... years." 

The short stops in Lyra's response did not alert the cheerful Kenneth. But he did sense something was wrong. Perhaps the strong emotion that Lyra was feeling was being emitted to the baby.

"Well, that's it then. See you later." 

"Thank you for choosing our Phase Gate Service! Please choose your location for phasing."

"Argonsville, please." (Kenneth)

"Understood. Setting location. Phasing will begin shortly. Three, Two, One, Zero."

*******

"And just like that, they're gone. Princess, why did you not tell them of what would happen?" 

"Fate cannot be changed. If I tell them something even worse could happen as a result. It is up to House Enchanter to find it's way out of the rut they will soon be stuck in."

A stark contrast to the cheery tone that Lyra used when with Kenneth, she spoke in a stern voice. 

"I guess you're right. Though I do wonder if Klolla is currently in a good state. Despite Fahndra being the country that was ravaged the most, many of the invaders were moving towards Klolla's direction." 

"I believe my little brother can handle it." 

"Sure you do, princess. Now then, would you like some tea? It is past the designated time for teatime already, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss out on today's pick."

"Oh, yes! Let us head back. I will entrust the safety the home of House Enchanter to Lancelot and Gerald." 

***********

A common way of making money for many people was through adventuring. People from all over Krodoa would come to any sort of branch that a certain guild held and take on quests. 

These quests provided the adventurers with their daily income. 

Take on a harder difficulty quest, and perhaps you'd be set for life. 

Not that there were many people that came by who were actually able to complete these missions.

The reason why the Karman Krew has chosen to head towards Argonsville instead of phasing directly towards Klolla was because they had decided to accept some quests. 

Not just the normal ones, no, no. They'd decided to pick the harder ones. 

While the easier quests involved work like picking Mana Grasses or delivering goods, the harder ones were more focused on the killing of certain magical beasts. 

The ones that had been given far too long time to live would eventually become too strong, increasing the chances of it rampaging and destroying nearby villages and farmland.

"Well, look who it is! The newly formed House Enchanter!" 

As the Karman Krew walked through the streets of Argonsville, their newfound popularity seemed to backfire on them as many onlookers and passerby began cheering them on. 

Only after the audience with the King did Kenneth actually find out that there were reporters in the crowd, and were recording the whole process. The naming too. 

Streamed live on the continent's news network, everyone soon found out about the emergence of a new noble house, albeit they were honorary nobles. 

"Ah, maybe I should've gone for a better name than Enchanter." Kenneth facepalmed.

"It's alright. Everyone now knows us as House Enchanter, so we won't be able to change it." (Lena)

"I guess you're right. Now then, we should split up from here." Kenneth stopped the group as they approached a split in the road. 

"Why's that?" (Lucas)

"Well, I figured we could have some of us go over to Kenny's, and the nearby pharmacy and pick up a list of things for our journey." 

"Catalyn would be happy to go." 

"Well, sure, but I was thinking Lena and Aurelia could go instead." 

"Why, little brother?" (Lena)

"Well, I just thought I could have Lucas there to intimidate some people. And maybe Catalyn to restrain some fuckers who get too crazy."

"I can do that too, little brother." Lena smiled as she began to prepare a Sunlight Flash in her hand.

"Whoa, whoa. Not here. It's fine. It's okay. I'll be there to talk to the receptionist. No need for Lucas or Catalyn to talk." 

"Fair enough. I hope teacher isn't there, though." 

"Well, Lucas, why are you so scared of Brutus, anyway? He seems like a nice guy anyway, other than that time he obviously forgot to control his aura." 

"Well, he is a nice guy. I just naturally get scared from him." 

"Meh, I won't push you any further. Come, we'll be quick. And Lena, here's the list." Kenneth sent a list of information into Lena's head using a Link. 

"Alright then. Be quick, little brother. Come on, Aurelia. Let's go." 

"We'll see you later, my lord." Aurelia said, as she was dragged away by Lena.

************

Ever since Aurelia had joined the family, she had opted to wear a hood everytime they went outside.

It might not look like it, but the humans' and nonhumans' hatred for the opposing race runs deep. 

Racism and discrimination is apparent in Gaia especially. 

But Aurelia's cover was blown when the King had mentioned about him knowing that she was an elf. 

After the King had realized his mistake on revealing her race, he released a warning that if anyone were to discriminate her there would be severe punishment's handed out.

Initially a gag order was to be placed, but word travels fast. And there were hundreds of nobles present. 

"Little brother sure seems to want to buy a lot of things. Does the pharmacy even have these things?" 

"What does the list contain, sister Lena? I think I should be able to help somehow." 

"Oh, things like Aesonite, Neonium, and something called Renata." 

"I can handle Aesonite, sister Lena. You can focus on getting the other two from the pharmacy."

"How? From their names they sound pretty hard to get already." 

"Quite the opposite. Aeson means "healing." So Aesonite is most definitely some form of healing medicine. And lucky for us, I have the main ingredient used to make it."

"That's good, but... do you know how to make it?" 

"I do. A certain type of plant produces Aeson, the main ingredient. It's generally a gray liquid that pours out from the plant when it "sweats."

"That's... disgusting. But could you explain?"

"Oh, it's easy. Just emit some mana onto the leaves of the plant and it'll start "sweating." I just so happened to have picked that particular type of seed during one of my walks outside the city. And with the assistance of one of my friends from nature, we could have them naturally make the medicine." 

"That's so creative! But... how exactly do they make it?"

"Well, it'd be better for you not to know. Just try not to smell the finished product. But I guarantee the potency of the medicine should be increased by at least ten times!" 

"Right... But how about Neonium or Renata?" 

"Those two are tricky. If I remember correctly, Neo means "revived", and Renata means "reborn." The process to making these drugs are probably more difficult than I think it is. So it should be better to just buy some from the pharmacy."

"Alright then. Are you fine with staying here until I finish buying the medicine?" 

"Sure, be quick please. I'll be heading towards the nearby park to make the medicine."

*********

"Welcome to the Wizard Guild. Might I ask what your buisness with us today is?" 

"Yeah, we'd like to take on some A rank difficulty quests. Could you perhaps bring them out? They're not on the board over there." 

.......Silence.

When Kenneth, Lucas, and Catalyn had entered the Wizard Guild, not many people paid them attention.

While it would be natural for the newly formed noble house to be surrounded by people, the guild members knew better than to surround three members of the Karman Krew, who were rumored to have had a big part in the repelling of the invasion.

Yet everybody stopped talking when they heard the words "A rank" come out from Kenneth's mouth.

"I'm sorry, but those quests are very difficult. And you wanted to take on more than one?" 

"What did it sound like? Yes, I did want to take on more than one. Maybe two or three." 

"Now hold on right there you arrogant infant! Just because you're now a noble doesn't mean you get to talk down to us! You know, when I was a kid, people respected their elders! Why don't I teach you some manners?"

"Yeah! Don't think your so special!"

"I'll be taking your sisters for myself!"

"I-just... *sigh*. I don't have time for this. Run Amok, or something." 

In a few moments everyone in the building, besides the receptionist, was blank minded and standing in place. 

"Just... punch them once or twice, Lucas. I can't deal with people like this."

"You got it, little brother! And I was itching to hit something! Now I got so many dummies to hit." 

Lucas soon approached the still guild members, and began punching each of them one by one. Each hit brought one down to his knees. 

"So, you were saying?" 

"Ri-ri-right away...! Here are our current A rank quests available." The panicked receptionist handed Kenneth some papers she found underneath the desk.

"Let's see. Slay a dragon, clear a high ranking dungeon, mine Hellnite in Mt. Burnmist, and... clear a infesting swarm of Venom Wasps... good. What do you think, Catalyn?" Kenneth looked behind him, towards his caretaker who was carrying him.

"Catalyn would like to try taking down a dragon." 

"Hmm... sure, why not? The paper says that its nest should be on our way to Klolla. We'll eventually get close to it, so this could work. Alright, the dragon slaying quest and... the mining of Hellnite should be good. There we go. That wasn't so hard now wasn't it?"

Kenneth turned over to his brother, who was still beating down the guild members. "Hey, Lucas. Are you done yet?" 

"Almost. And... *punch* Knockout!" 

"Great work. We've decided on our the missions already, so we should get back to Lena and Aurelia now."

"Oh yeah? What'd you get?" 

"Slaying a dragon and mining Hellnite at Mt. Burnmist."

"I'm all for the first one, but the second? Isn't Mt. Burnmist an active volcano?" 

"Yeah, but we should be fine. I've read that Hellnite actually appears pretty far away from the volcano. It's just there to sap the volcanic mana. So it should be okay if we stay far enough."

"But there's gotta be a reason why it's an A rank quest, right?"

'Huh. Lucas actually uses his head for once.' "Yeah, the volcano is bound to be plagued with magical beasts who've evolved to survive in the hot climate around the volcano." 

"I guess so. Wait, near a volcano? Wouldn't it still be hot?"

"Well, it's in the name. I'll tell you more about it later. For now, we should head back to Lena and Aurelia. See you later, receptionist!" 

7