Chapter 2- You Have Chosen Death
3.4k 10 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Michael arrived at the cafeteria, and ordered himself a a meat pie with a cup of fizzling iced tea. 

Taking his food, Michael sat down in the empty room and stated to wreak havoc on the meat pie

Normally,  a person wouldn't be able to go to cafeteria whenever they wanted, especially if they have classes that needed to be attended. However, people like Michael and the Lawrence, were allowed to skip most of the classes, as long as they maintain a certain grade. That is because they were way farther in the curriculum than most of the students.

Despite how much of a bastard Lawrence was, he was still a part of the Galatine Royal family, and was a genius when it came his studies and magic.

'Oh yeah, isn't Combat 101, going to start in a few minutes?'

Combat 101, was one of the classes that he couldn't skip, as the assignments involved physical activity and needed the instructor to be there to confirm his progress.

'Guess I need to go. Damn Lawrence, you almost made me miss class.'

Michael used multiple [Blink] spells consecutively to arrive in front of the classroom, as he couldn't just [Teleport] to it.

When Michael entered the classroom, he noticed that most of the students of Class A where already there, chatting and gossiping about.

He found an empty desk at the backrow, and proceeded to sit down. As class was just about to start, two people walked into class, with one being a desperate Lawrence who was trying to explain himself, and the other being the silent Alicia, who was completely ignoring him.

Class soon began, as a tall, muscled man entered the room with heavy steps. This was Mr. Morrison, the teacher of Combat 101, and the nightmare of all weak students.

"Good to see that everyone made it on time, as today is a very special day. I have seen the progress you guys have made since the beginning of the year, and now trust you guys enough to have a certain degree of control during battle. Thus, today is the day were having the student mock battles, were you will be the practice dummies of each other. Sounds clear?" Mr. Morrison said with a booming voice.

Most of the class nodded, as they were also eager to test their prowess in battle. Mr. Morrison then proceeded to split the mages and the warriors in to two groups, as warriors obviously had an advantage in combat. He then proceeded to scan over all of them, before stopping at the Crown prince. 

"Lawrence, your a Tier 5 mage and a Tier 5 warrior, right? Since your equally strong in magic and qi arts, you shall be the first to go up, and pick an opponent to fight." Mr. Morrison said with a look of respect.

A person had a limited amount of time and focus, so most usually choose one over the other when it cam to magic and martial arts.  The fact that Lawrence had been able to do both, shows the large amount of talent he had. Especially since he managed to reach Tier 5, which was admirable for someone his age. 

Lawrence got up with a smug look on his face, as he looked around for his first opponent. An evil smile appeared on his visage as his gaze arrived at Michael's desk.

'This guy better not be thinking of challenging me for the practice fight.'

And it was clear that Michael had jinxed himself, as that was exactly what happened, as Lawrence pointed a crooked finger at his desk.

"Get up here, Michael! I've already told you stopping me would have consequences, and now I'm about to give you a beatdown that you will never forget! Don't think that your identity will stop this battle from happening." Lawrence said viscously. 

'So you have chosen death!'

Michael really did not care about this mock battle, but his identity as the Crown prince of Clarent was supposed to be a secret. Him mentioning my identity was obviously so that others would investigate me and find out my background.

Michael was really angry, as revealing his identity would lead to a lot of pests roaming around him. 

"Fine then, your highness. Since you want to duel, we'll have a duel, but I think your words apply much more to you then it does to me."

A scream broke out from the girls as the Crown prince and Michael stood face to face. Both of them were extremely handsome, and were the dream of a lot of women in Galatine Royal academy.

Although the Crown prince had a large amount of fan girls, Michael had the edge when it came to appearance, with his exotic black hair and red eyes making him look more unique compared to the Crown prince.

His status also matched his appearance.

International students had the option of hiding their backgrounds in Galatine Royal academy for the sake of their safety. Michael had chosen to do this and found himself a fake background to hide his real one even further.

Marquess Ainsworth had solid ties with the Clarent Kingdom, and he had allowed Michael to act as his son during his stay at the academy, since he didn't have any children.

Thus, Michael was considered a future Marquis, a rank that was only below the Duke and the Royal family. This made him an desirable partner for any noble woman.

And if he didn't have this cover, his identity would have been exposed by the remark the Crown prince made earlier. 

Michael planned on wiping the floor with him in retaliation.

89