Chapter 2 – The Mission that Determines the Future
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carl understood that he would get a mission sooner or later, so he was no longer surprised. The system would give his mission right now. But from the name he saw above, he sensed that this mission would not be simple and the failure would not go unpunished.

Because this mission contains the word "Qualification". He had already guessed what would happen if he failed. From his years of experience reading Web Novels, he wouldn't be so dense.

His heart beating fast, he stopped his hand that was rubbing his body with soap. But, he forced himself to calm down and not panic, panic would only make things very messy.

Inhale and exhale, Carl did it over and over again. Until he calmed down and after that he told the system to show him the mission.

[ Mission: Prove Your Qualifications]

[ Description : You have not been fully recognized as the Host of the Absolute State System, and you must prove that you are worthy of the Absolute State system.

Your duty is to make your Country under your complete control, everyone should think that you are a worthy King and arrest all those who are traitors, Corrupt or trying to control you, making you the king of puppets. ]

[Rewards: Qualification, 1,500 Points, Inventory Function unlocked and Trait Feature in State Status unlocked]

[ Punishment : Absolute State System Loss ]

Carl reads the mission he got. His face turned blank, but his head moved at a very fast speed, and thought of various ways but he stopped. He had far too little information about his own kingdom, Carl had absolutely no hope of becoming a King and was never prepared to be a King either. He was stupid and became a Puppet to other nobles who were close to him and couldn't take very decent decisions and all of them only agreed with the Corrupt Nobles.

Carl hadn't thought of anything before and just agreed to what they said, but he breathed a sigh of relief because what they wanted were still small things. His knowledge of running the government was Zero, he wouldn't even be surprised if there was a coup d'etat that took place within a few years or months, depending on the severity of the rules made.

But he was lucky to have appeared at a time before things were at the point of no return.

' To achieve that then I need to have people who are not only loyal, but also have expertise that I can place in the field I need' Carl thought. He was working alone at the moment, with only the System but it wouldn't help him much in completing the mission.

The System Functions were still very few and the Status, he could use to find who was loyal and had the necessary abilities. If only he had more functions, then it would be better and easier, but he couldn't be gloomy and complain.

"The difficulty is very hard, otherwise Hell if it weren't for me having two abilities and Status Functions to allow me to learn to become a worthy king faster" Carl decided to finish his bath first, he had already thought of what should be the first step, he had all sorts of nobles in mind.

He hadn't decided who would be the Minister and Prime Minister, the nobles close to Carl had already put in a few names while continuing to make their names good. However, he became distrustful of what the Noble had given him, and the nobles who were outside his group began to appear in his mind.

Carl finished his shower and took a towel to wipe the whole body clean and put it around his waist. The world's first bath, he felt that it couldn't be said to be bad but this world only had Soap and Shampoo, but it was made by a Master Alchemist and it was quite expensive.

There is no toothbrush or toothpaste, he needs it because he is used to brushing his teeth.

" I'll ask the Alchemists for that later... I also need time to find people who have the potential to become Ministers and Prime Ministers ahead of time, I only have one week before the announcement I have to make"

Carl also realized that Missions don't have a Time Limit, so he asked the System.

"And how much time do I have on the system? I don't see any time limit"

[ There is no time limit, but you fail if the Corrupt nobles run rampant, your every decision is influenced by them and the rebellion of the Nobles who do not accept the kingdom is led by A useless king occurs, if one of those happens then you are declared unqualified]

" WHAT!!! It's very little, it could be that the rebellion occurs after the Ascension of Ministers and Prime Ministers, previously I was thinking of satisfying both sides for now. But it doesn't seem like it and I have to appoint a Prime Minister and Ministers, a really worthy. "

[ My advice is to not only focus on nobles, but those who are experts in their fields should also be taken into account]

"Thanks, for the Suggestion System" Carl agrees with that, what is most correct is to appoint experts in each field. Because they know best what's going on and what to do.

But he still needed to meet them one by one to do that.

He walked out of the bathroom, seeing that there was no one inside as he had instructed Erika, the maid who cleaned his room earlier.

The way to see the royal clothes on the mattress, has a bright and gold color. He shook his head and immediately chose a much better and not too bright, outfit. There's no way she likes clothes that are so bright and the clothes of the Nobles are also very excessive, like the Dress like royalty in Ottoman, China, Korea during the empire.

Putting on his clothes, he found that it was quite difficult to put them on. It was easier to wear Modern clothes than this, he made sure that the Titan royal Noble outfit would change. Shirts and suits are much more comfortable and suitable for formal events, most importantly it's easier than this.

Looking at himself in the mirror, Carl found that he had become a little more handsome than before while giving off the vibe of a Scholar. But he still doesn't like this kind of clothes, and he will change them according to what is on earth, shirts and suits are better.

It's just a cultural difference, but since the goal is to modernize the country then there's nothing wrong with doing that.

Tidying his hair, after that he immediately walked out of the room and went to one of the people he wanted to meet. It was his father's trusted Noble and was reputed to be the best Prime Minister. He planned to take a look at her and try to ask her for help, but was later convinced that he was a loyal noble.

2