Chapter 3 – Meeting Ex Prime Minister
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carl immediately went to meet the former prime minister and he was greeted with an unwelcome look. You don't need to look at his personal status to know how he feels about him.

He also saw the words above his head.

[ Rexirio Valentine ] [ Age : 55 years ] [ Former Prime Minister, Head of the Valentine Family ] [ Loyalty : 25, Unfaithful, Great potential to become a Rebel, depending on the policies carried out by King Carl. Make policies that put the people first and show that you are fit to be king and increase loyalty.]

Those words were far more in comparison to the Servants and guards he had seen on the way. It makes Carl realize that Ex prime minister is in the middle of the line, once he makes a mistake then the Prime minister will become a rebel.

' I was lucky to have chosen to go to him first' He breathed a sigh of relief in his mind.

If he had gone to the other Nobles, then he might have found out about his situation too late.  But he kept his face calm and undisturbed by what he just read.

"Welcome to my office, King. What's the need for you to come here?" Rexirio said politely and covered his displeasure very well.

Looking left and right, saw no one around before Carl finally said "I want to discuss with you about the government, Uncle Rexi"

"!!!" Rexirio had a surprised face when he heard that, and his loyalty rose by a point. 

Carl doesn't know his loyalty rose because he talked about the government or for calling him uncle. It had been over ten years since he had last called his that. Because calling him uncle meant Carl wanted to mend their previously not-so-good relationship.

"Let's go in" Rexirio said.

Carl went straight inside and sat across from Rexirio. Without waiting any longer, he immediately told what was on his mind, regarding his worries about the government, then what the nobles on the comfortable side were trying to do. Then he also tells how useless he is in being a king as honestly as possible and explains that Carl had never intended to be king before.

"...But since all this happened and I'm the only one who can inherit this Throne. I can't help but accept uncle, but I don't feel I have the qualifications to become a king. " Carl was silent for a moment and took a deep breath before continuing. He gave off a feeling of sadness and depression, a child who had never previously been expected to become a king and had no education into one, Had to accept it because there was no one other than him in the royal family.

"So, I came here to ask for your opinion and advice, because you are one of the confidants of father, the previous king"

After he said that, Rexirio's Loyalty had increased quite a bit and was now 45 points and the explanation changed as well.

[ Loyalty: 45, slightly loyal. Wants to help King Carl to lead a healthy government and not fall into corruption. But will still observe to judge King Carl]

Rexirio started to look at Carl with a different look. Previously he viewed Carl as unfit to be king, because he knew his education and the people around him. The people around him are nobles who have narrow minds, their goal is to make Carl their puppet and fulfill their greed.

But now that he saw her better, that didn't mean he didn't have any prejudice against him. It was just that he had much more important things and that was guiding the young king in front of him.

' Instead of judging, I should have looked at it from his point of view. King Carl had never been trained to be a King, so he desperately needed someone to guide him in overcoming this predicament. Becoming a King is not easy at all, plus the war has just ended, even with our victory but the King and Crown prince died, King Carl had to bear the weight of all the responsibilities and I stupidly acted like a narrow minded person' Rexirio said in his mind, cursing his mind which was so narrow and didn't want to see it from a different point of view.

If only he could think like this, then that Corrupt noble would never try to get close to Carl in the slightest. Instead of trying to help the King from making corrupt decisions and destroying the kingdom, he is so arrogant and doesn't accept Carl as King. Deems him totally inappropriate and stays away from him, all the while contemplating building up a rebellion plan against him.

His assessment of Carl changed again, he became more appreciative of him being willing to say his inability to carry out his duties and asking him for help was a good move. A move that showed that he was really eager to fulfill his responsibilities as a King and needed an Expert who could help him.

Therefore Rexirio happily agreed to help Carl to rule his kingdom.

"Forgive my narrow-mindedness earlier prince. I Rexirio Valentine promise to help you in your duties as a King, but if you are wrong don't expect me to rebuke you gently"

"I'm glad to hear that uncle, please help. No problem! But I hope there is no penalty of writing an apology on paper a thousand times, I hate doing that "

The two of them laughed together, the atmosphere turning more harmonious. Carl was pleased with this kind of development, he thought that it would be very difficult to win the heart of Ex Prime Minister Rexirio Valentine.

'Thank you System' Carl said in his mind sincerely, at the suggestion to tell the truth about his confusion and ignorance about being a King.

[ It is my duty as your Assistant not only in operating the system but also as a leader. But if you want me to help more than advice, then please complete your Qualification mission]

' I'll definitely get it done' Carl thought. He really intends to finish it, not only because of the System's words but he still desperately needs the System to help him in organizing.

After talking to the System for a while to say thank you. Carl started talking to Rexirio about suggestions for the minister, the former prime minister was happy to give him the advice he wanted.

But he asked for a list of names from Candidates for Minister and Prime Minister, which was given by the Nobles on his side. Carl is lucky that he has a Perfect Memory, so he can remember any given list of names. He was happy to name anyone on the list.

“…They… They all have bad rumors surrounding them, Your Majesty. Like xxxx xxx, it is said to be embezzling tax money and paying less tax than it should to the state. Then xxx xxx xxx, is a rapist. He abused the power given to him to force women to have sex with him, whether she was single or even married..."

"  Ewww…” Carl had a disgusted face when he heard the bad rumors from all of them. Not all of them are disgusting, but what is certain is that they are far from good.

"I'm lucky to have said this with you uncle. Uncle, can you help me to find suitable people to hold the position of Minister? I don't mind even if they're from commoners. Because right now we need someone with high ability instead of high status"

"Entrust all that to me, King. I will look for people who are experts who deserve to accept the position of Minister" Rexirio said firmly.

" I trust you, uncle"

After they started talking about a lot of things, most of Rexirio gave it an explanation which was very useful for Carl. Carl also absorbs all the lessons very quickly and understands all of them, thanks to his Meta-Learning.

2