Cap 14:Tyranny
219 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "It looks like some of the major powers have arrived."  Shin noticed that some human powers had appeared on the island.  He was using the "eyes of truth" to check on the island's situation from time to time.

 "Aren't they late?"  Mari and the others had been on the island for 3 days, but only a few powers arrived.

 "The tournament is still a few days away."  Shin was in no hurry.  He prefers to enjoy the island a little longer.  "Where's Ryuu?"

 "He said he went for a walk."  Mari replied.  She also wanted to go out to play, but Shin denied her request.

 "We can wait for him here. I need to train my air magic."  Naomi was almost able to fly using magic, she didn't want to leave right now.

 "Good."

 -

 Ryuu was walking around the island with a bored expression.  He decided to stop training for a moment to see the island;  however, he ended up not finding anything very interesting.

 'Noble vehicles?'  He noticed some flying carriages on the island.  'A power?'

 "Someone! Please save my brother!"  When Ryuu was lost in thought, a boy started screaming with tears in his eyes, his expression was completely desperate, but people ignored him.

 "I'll do anything! Save my brother!"  He continued shouting at the tournament participants.  He would do anything to save his brother.  Seeing that no one wanted to help, the boy despaired, but…

 "Boy, what happened to your brother?"  Ryuu wasn't doing anything, so he decided to help the boy.

 "My brother was thrown into the sea, he… he… " the boy could barely finish his words and started crying again.  He thought what had been done to his brother was very cruel.

 "Take me to your brother."  When Ryuu decided to help, the boy didn't hesitate to guide Ryuu to his brother.  He was so desperate that he didn't even thank him.

 -

 "Do you think that boy will be able to attract our prey?"

 "Your highness, I'm sure the flichy will show up."  A man replied.  Flichy is a rare type of fish that lives in the waters near the island.  It tastes excellent, so many people try to catch him.

 "Good."  The boy responded with a simple nod.

 Toru Mayeda, he is the first prince of the Boryoku empire.  Boryoku is one of the human powers.  Humans have 3 great powers.  Boryoku is one of them.

 "That boy's screams of despair at seeing his brother turn to fish food were spectacular."  The man said.

 Toru didn't answer anything, but he had a smile on his face.

 -

 Some people saw a boy in the middle of the sea screaming for help, but they did nothing.  Nobody wanted to go against a power just to save the life of a stranger.

 The Queen looked at the scene before her with an impassive expression.

 *Sigh*

 She really didn't understand the fun in killing an innocent boy.  Although almost 90% of the people on the island were tournament participants, there were still some people who came just to see the island, as this island was really beautiful.  Some tyrannies abuse weaker participants and tourists.

 The Queen could not help the boy.  Not for lack of power, but because a ruler cannot make decisions based on his emotions.  When the Queen was thinking about the matter, a man with a child in his arms appeared in the middle of the sea.

 "That…" she looked at the man, wondering why he would be here.

 -

 "Boy, is this your brother?"  Ryuu looked at the child who was in the middle of the sea screaming for help.  He could see that the child couldn't move because of the mana trapping his body.

 "Yes! Save my brother!"

 "Calm down! Why is he in the middle of the sea?"  Ryuu wanted to know the situation first, he knew the child was in no danger at the moment.

 "He was thrown overboard by bad people! We didn't do anything… we came to this place just for fun… why did it end like this?"  The boy came to this island with a lot of effort.  When he finally arrived, his brother was captured and thrown into the middle of the sea to attract a fish.  He couldn't accept this situation.

 "How old are you?"  Ryuu asked suddenly.  The boy was surprised by the question.

 "I'm 16 sir."

 "I don't know how you got to this island, but you should understand that adventures like this can be too dangerous for you."  Ryuu thought this boy was too stupid.

 'he reminds me of Mari.'  Ryuu thought Mari would do the same thing as this boy for an adventure.

 "Sir…" the boy knew he made a mistake.

 "Leave the island after I save your brother."  Ryuu didn't wait for an answer  and went straight towards the child who was in the sea.

 -

 Toru looked at the man who saved the child with a cold expression.

 "Does this insect dare to derail my plans?"  Toru would show this guy that there are people he can't mess with.

 -

 The Queen was surprised to see that Ryuu saved the child.  She looked at Toru who was walking towards Ryuu and sighed.

 'What a headache…'

35