2. The City to the South, and Shopping
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A hefty bag of silver now hung from my waist, clanking lightly. I have been walking south for about an hour now, the nearest city still a few hours away. There's a temple district there so I'll be able to collect my reward from my uncle, he isn't allowed to just give things like what I want to mortals without them doing something for him after all. I had a few other things to do though after I get to the city, getting a new cask for one. Troll's blood is highly poisonous so the one I used is now ruined. 

Hearing several rather poor attempts at stealth from around me, I soon heard some of my stalkers whispering amongst themselves. "You sure this guy's not a cultivator or something right boss?" " Relax Tess the guy doesn't have a spec of power around him. He's just a merchant or something, no one will care if we kill him and take that bag of coins. We could probably even sell that expensive-looking coat too and whatever's in that massive bag as well" after affirming grunt they began to move inwards, there were 5 of them and they have a bit of mana each. They had thought that since I had no mana or spirit energy around me that I simply had no power. a common misconception that I had no intent on starting a fight over.

They did however want to steal my stuff so a little scare would be fine. After thinking for a moment about the most fun way to do this, the would-be thieves had reached the sides of the road. I quickly decided to just throw a little of my cultivation at them, pulling a relatively small amount of spirit energy from my inner world I spread it evenly through the vicinity. The temperature quickly began to climb to dangerous levels for any non-cultivator due to the heat leak from my star, though I was holding it back by a gargantuan amount, they stopped dead in their tracks. I pulled back the energy once they collapsed from the pressure and continued on my merry way.

As Kilos nears its zenith I have reached the city. A line of travelers, caravans, and carriages stretch down the road waiting their turn to enter the city. I pass by them to the much shorter line for those of noble blood or other type of importance. While waiting for my turn, a carriage makes its way into line behind me. The coachman glares as I don't carry myself much like a noble as I don't tend look down on everyone else just because of my blood, which for the record would make even the emperor kneel as no matter your station all must lower themselves before the gods.

Smiling at the clearly annoyed man I hand my identification papers to the gate officer. He looks at me curiously as I certainly don't look like the High Monk of the Temple of Blood and a Paladin of War or 17 cycles old. Giving a bow the man hands back my papers and sends me on my way into the city.

I need to find an inn to stow my belongings for the duration of my stay. Walking down the biggest road I soon see an inn fit for my needs, cheap enough not to be a waste of silver and expensive enough to have security against thieves. Wolves den the sign said it was called. " A silver plate for a nights stay." the woman at the desk called out as I entered, nodding to her I reached into my newly gotten coin pouch and pulled out 20 silver. "2 nights then" I say placing the small sliver discs on the counter in two stacks of 10.

Taking my money she hands me a small key and points to the book on the desk " room 7 is open for ya." she says with a small smile. Taking the key with a nod lightly and sign my name into the book and head upstairs into my newly rented room. Storing my knives and taking of my bracers, greaves, and chest-plate as well as putting down my bag I am now ready to go shopping.

The market in this city was full of good stuff at decent prices, I had found the ingredients for flame catalysts for only 17 silver, 15 of which was for 30 drained fire mana gems and the rest for some uncommon herbs, as well as a useful vial belt. It took a while for me to find a cask though, but I did get one. After storing my new stuff in my room I made sure I had my papers in my knapsack and went to find the Church of War.

1