Chapter 2 – She is too Submissive!
5.5k 11 164
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had no means in which to take shelter from the passing storm. In defeat, I sat in a fetal position, with my back pressed against the trunk of a tree. This offered no comfort, but at least the sharp breeze did not numb my rear.

The colder it got, the harder I curled my toes against the mud below. This was not enough to keep my body from shivering. Soon enough, that light shivering turned into a violent trembling. Every part of my body wanted to generate heat, including my teeth.

Had I just been reborn to die again?

“Maaah!”

I was not crying.

“Maaah!”

I was not pathetic enough to cry.

“Maaah!”

No, this was a warning. To the world. If I did not perish in this storm, if the gods did not strike me down. I was going to have my revenge.

“Maa-”

The roaring of a lightning strike humbled my voice into submission. The storm had struck something not so far away. Just then, I remembered that I was taking shelter underneath the protection of a tree. Perhaps not the best place to dare an angry god to strike me down.

No more yelling came out.

I was humbled, but not broken. Quietly, I would hold my rage, but I would not let it die.

Suddenly, I could no longer hear the droplets of rain. Gazing up, I saw a translucid golden dome of light. It looked as sturdy as glass.

The dome protected me and the tree from the rain. However, I was not alone.

Had I been rescued by an angel?

The petite girl standing in front of me poked me with her quarterstaff, waking me up from my trance.

“Maaah…”

It hurt. But It allowed me to take a second look at her.

Blonde curly bangs, short pony tail, sky-blue eyes. If only she was not barefoot and wearing plain white robes, I might have confused her with royalty. She did, however, wear a heart necklace.

“Everything will be alright,” she said.

Kneeling in front of me, she created a warm sphere of yellow light in her hand. Then she blew breath into it. Within seconds, a hot breeze enveloped the entirety of my exposed skin, simultaneously warming my body and removing the dampness of my flesh.

When the girl was done, she smiled fondly.

“Thank you!” I said.

This took her by surprise. Startled, she fell backwards and the dome of light shattered.

“Y-you can talk!?” The Girl asked. Still in disbelief that I had spoken.

“Why would I not…”

“Because you are… Your people… your kind does not talk.”

I cleared my throat twice. On purpose, but she did not get the hint.

“Can you please put up the dome barrier again?”

“Ah, y-yes. I- sorry.”

Standing back up awkwardly, she casted the dome again and then blushed.

This was my chance to take the initiative. Normally, I would not be in a position to demand anything from a person who rescued me. But this girl seemed innocent and naïve, and it also did not help that she just embarrassed herself while trying to show off.

“Take me to the nearest town!” I ordered.

She tried to respond, but after making eye contact with me, she quickly moved her gaze down submissively. 

 

Thank you for reading this far <3

♥♥♥

Please give the chapter a like! and leave a cookie/melon on the comments for a surprise!

164