Chapter 3 – Sketchy Priest
4.6k 9 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am sure this had to be a video game, or at least, a world that derived some of its logic from one. In the best-case scenario, I was in a virtual reality or simulation.

If that was not the case, there was no way to explain why I had a system or how I survived a fall and a storm - all in the same day.

There was also no way to explain the angel-looking magic user or her submissive kink. Unless, perhaps… I was deadly wrong, and this world ran at the whims of a chaotic god.

Perhaps this was the best moment to pressure the NPC into giving me exposition.

“Hey! Tell me your name! Your Class! Who are you? Everything,” I said. My tone was harsh, authoritarian, and rude. It was not supposed to come out that way, but I needed to be in control.

The NPC quivered before lowering her head, as if she was embarrassed of who she was.

“M-My name… My name is Joanne.”

Why is she acting this way? It is only a name.

“My Class… Well… I am a [Shepherd], with the subclass [Apostle of Light]. But, is not what you think. I am not an adventurer. My life… My life is happy as it is.”

She was acting strange. Why was she embarrassed? It was a shame that I had no appraisal skill. However, if she was a Shepherd…

“Where is your herd?” I asked. With a quick glance, it was obvious that there were no sheep around.

“I left them at home. It is not safe to take them for a stroll while there is a storm.”

“Then how did you find me if you had no reason to be out here on the plains?” The only other thing nearby were the deadly hills and shallow chasms.

She did not respond. Instead, she just lowered her head.

Mostly, with the few exceptions of a few snippets of conversation, the awkward silence lasted until we arrived at the town.

“Maaah!”

Why did I have to be naked!?

The streets of Safir had little traffic. But everywhere we went, people stared at Joanne.

Their glares were malicious. Filled with mistrust, hatred, and contempt. Joanne was either not aware of this, or she completely ignored it.

We soon arrived at a small abbey.

“Wait here,” Joanne said.

Did this meant she was associated with the church?

I stared at the gray stonework. For a small abbey, they built it with a strong emphasis in style. It contrasted with how simple Joanne was dressed.

After a few seconds had passed, Joanne came out of the abbey, next to a tall man sporting a rich white robe and expensive velvet shoes. His deep black hair contrasted with his priestly clothes.

Unlike Joanne, this man was clearly powerful and of high status. It was hard to hide. The rings in his fingers and thick golden chain he was wearing reflected that.

“Ah, so you are the Demi-Human that Joanne spoke about. Is it true that you can speak?”

I wanted to respond with a nod, but that would defeat the purpose.

“Indeed,” I said.

Upon hearing me speak, he gave made a hand gesture which prompted Joanne to provide me with a black robe and a pair of brown slip-in sandals.

“Are you baptized?” He asked.

“Maaah!”

That was not a no, nor a yes. But a “Fuck!”

I did not know the norms of this world. Not only that, but I was a half-demon. Would I die if I get baptized? I needed to know more. Moreover, the priest took my “Fuck!” as a “No.”

“Worry not. There is still time to save your soul. If you are hungry, we can talk this out while having supper.”

The priest smiled. He did not know the irony of saving the soul of someone who just reincarnated.

Besides, he was a bastard, trying to lure me into his cult with mere food, as if I was some dumb animal.

My stomach roared.

Howdy, the posting schedule of this story will be; Monday-Friday. At least one chapter per day. Here is the bi-daily schedule of my other story, as a proof that I deliver on my promises;

150