Chapter 15 – Cat Fight!
1.6k 8 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

### Chapter 15

There was no particular order in which the tents of the demi-human encampment were arranged.

Instead, it seems like they were looking for a source of water, and upon finding a small stream, they set up their tents on the soft and grassy plain’s floor next to it.

As we were escorted to the center of the encampment, every single cat-girl that saw us, hissed at us. Then, either because they truly wanted to see Allisa die, or because they had nothing better to do and wanted to see what this was all about…. they stopped doing whatever task they were doing, and quickly followed us too, creating a mob.

Soon, and not to my surprise, we were shoved in front of Leah, who seemed to be the head of the pack. She was wearing a crown made out of flowers, and sat on a wooden throne. There, right beneath her feet, crawled Belfar on all four like a worm. Seeing that cocky bastard being used as a footstool made me smile.

“Oh fuck,” Allisa said.

“Belfar!” Joanne said. She seemed to be the only one in the group that was genuinely worried about him.

Without doubt, we had found that bastard. However, Allisa never elaborated on what we would do once we found Belfar, and by the looks of it, she never expected him to be in this kind of trouble.

Belfar smiled.

“Yeah, indeed,” He said. He clearly meant to say more, but Leah kicked him. Apparently she didn’t like when her furniture spoke.

“This is pretty bad,” Allisa said. “The entire retinue has gone wild.”

I was unsure of what was going on. But the mob of cat-girls around us, were all visually armed. Some of them were wearing plate armor, which meant that they once belonged to Belfar’s routine. While others were wearing more rustic pieces of armor like chainmail, perhaps those were feral demi-humans.

“What does that even mean?” I asked.

“It means… they have returned to a state prior to their domestication. Right now, they are no better than beasts, it will be impossible to negotiate with them. If we use force, we might be able to make them submit to us,” Allisa said.

“Are you insane? There is over fifty of them,” I said. This was starting to look like a bad end to me. Maybe this was the best time to excuse myself out of the party.

“Maybe… there is a way,” Joanne said. She sounded very shy. “We could reason with them. They don’t seem like bad people.”

“Reason?” Allisa sounded angry. Joanne quickly lowered her gaze in shame. “Did you not hear what I just said?”

“Can you not be a bitch for once?” I asked. We were already in trouble as it is. There was no need for more internal fighting.

“Girls…” Belfar said. “Please-”

“What did you say?” Allisa responded. Clearly fuming at me.

Allisa’s angry tone, made the demi-humans more hostile. Hisses followed.

Leah snarled. Then spoke in a series of incomprehensible cat noises.

The tone was hostile enough to grab Allisa’s attention.

“I don’t know what that means,” Allisa said.

Leah tapped Belfar with her feet. And when he did not respond, she kicked him. Belfar did not seem bothered by it.

“Ahem, my beloved Leah says that she is willing to take the human girl and the goat as her personal maids. As for the elf…” Belfar stopped.

“What about the elf!?” Allisa asked.

“It is quite funny, you’ll find out.” Belfar said. “However, she is willing to give Berry and Joanne and opportunity to win their freedom.”

“How?” I asked.

“Well, the same way demi-humans solve all of their disputes. Through an unarmed duel,” Belfar continued.

I pondered for a second. Then opened my status windows.

Click - Open

[Intelligence: (6) - 3 = 3]

No. Not that one….

*Click*

[Constitution: 16]

[Strength: 7]

[Class: Stargazer - +1 Soul, +1 Magic Damage on all attacks]

[Subclass: Capricorn - +1 Physical Attack Damage +1 Magical Damage. + 10% Chance of Critical. +1 Stamina.]

[Hardened Skull: [INT -3] [80% of Head Damage is nullified. Attacks that should kill you will only injure you.]

[Goat Strike: Your kicks do 200% Damage. 500% damage + 20 physical damage when Head Ramming.]

“Hell yeah, I’ll fight that bitch,” I said. With my current skills, I had a very good opportunity to defeat her in unarmed combat.

Leah immediately jumped out of her makeshift throne, and landed right in front of me. For someone who was unable to speak common, she sure understood when she was being insulted. For a moment it all felt as if I had unlocked a quest flag. Perhaps violence is always the answer.

The demi humans pulled Joanne and Allisa aside. Then they formed a ring around me and Leah. Essentially, locking me and her into a improvised arena.

Leah sucked her lips, as she stared at me with increasing intensity.

Belfar seemed to be enjoying the spectacle, as he stood up and sat on the throne. That bastard.

“Alright, come at-”

Leah sucker punched me on the face.

*Maaaaaah*

That hurt more than what it should. I plunged to the ground, and Leah jumped right on top of me.

I counter-punched, but my strike had no strength to it. Leah then began pelting my face with her fiery fists.

*Maaaaaaah*

*Maaaah*

This was supposed to go my way.

*Maaaaah*

Why am I losing to NPCs!

Before I could keep ranting, Leah punched me on more time and my field of view went dark.

 

I felt like the last chapter was mostly filler. Which is unfair given how long ago the last update was. So here is an extra chapter.

60