Chapter 19: Alcoholic Loli
1.3k 6 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

### Chapter 19

Ever since becoming self-aware in this new world, I had remained sober. But not by choice. It was just a matter of not finding myself within the proximity of a bar or Inn, however… To think the demi-humans had their own drinks. I wondered how strong their beer was.

As such, I made sure we hurried back to Leah’s tent.

Once we got there, we gathered all around the flames of a fiery cauldron that had been brought over by the demi-humans for this occasion.

Fire-water they called it….

The smell, it had a strong concentration. ‘But drinking hot liquor? That was something interesting.’

Belfar sat first, and without a doubt he began plotting his next scheme.

Leah sat next to him, for no particular reason. For she was free of spirit. And about norms she cared not.

Baal with his heroic disposition sat at the other side of the cauldron keeping Belfar at an arm’s length. For he did not seem to like him much.

Right after Baal sat. Jasper obediently sat next to him, like a good slave.

It was hard to tell where I could sit. For the cauldron seemed to be now equally divided onto two separate teams. Both Belfar and Baal looked at me as if I had to pick a side. But I owed alliance to none.

Joanne, innocent as she was, thought that I was being shy and did not seem to notice the subtle tension that had grown in the room.

As such, I ended up sitting between Jasper and Joanna. While Joanna was sitting next to Leah. Which immediately gave Joanna a warm hug accompanied by a purr.

Once we were all sat down, an enslaved cat-girl entered the tent and gave each one of us a wooden bowl.

“Very well. I accept your challenge,” Baal said. Misunderstanding the purpose of the invitation.

He grabbed the ladle inside of the caldron, and filled his bowl with the burning hot liquid being boiled in the cauldron.

He emptied the entire bowl in his mouth, and in a single swoop ingested all the liquid fire.

“Son of Man, what do you seek here far from your land?”

Baal asked, as he passed the ladle to the scheming Belfar who soon filled his own bowl with fire-water.

“Maybe you should start by explaining your own motives first, Demon. I heard very well what you told Berry about being from noble birth,” Belfar said, just before clearing his bowl with a few moderate sips. “To travel alone, away from your tribe, you must be seeking something.”

He passed the ladle to Leah, who quickly filled her bowl and passed the ladle to Joanna.

“Baal is no demon,” Said Jasper. “He has a human heart.”

“A human heart can be as empty and dark as the abyss,” Belfar responded.

While the bookworm and the schemer bickered. Baal remained still.

Joanne took a single sip from her bowl, not paying attention to the brewing tension.

“Ahhhh, it burns. Why would anyone drink this. It has a flavor so foul!” She said.

Poor little Joanna had never drank alcohol in her life before. But she clearly didn’t wanted to be left out. As such, despite her protests she took very small sips.

“I guess is my turn now,” I said.

I took one sip from my bowl and nearly vomited out blood.

“What the fuck is this!?” I asked. “This is not something you drink in a social gathering…. this piss is something you drink if you want to get absolutely hammered!”

Everyone but Joanne began laughing at me.

“Is that so!, well, have it your way!” I yelled. Little did they know that I was a terminal alcoholic in another world.

I swallowed the entire burning liquid in my bowl. Which made Joanna look at me with shinny eyes full of admiration.

“Nooooo, this is not something that you should celebrate with those innocent eyes!” I said. I was accidentally corrupting a saint.

I wanted to elaborate further, but I burped out loudly.

Both Baal and Belfar laughed.

“Getting ahead of yourself, are we?” Asked Belfar.

I passed the ladle to Jasper who undertook the same ritual as the rest of us.

After emptying her bowl. she stared at me with great intensity.

With the ladle back on his hand, Baal filled his bowl and drank once more.

“Feeling the heat?” Baal’s gaze was fixated on Belfar. Whose face was drenched on sweat.

“With a mere primitive drink like this?” Belfar responded.

Upon getting the ladle, Belfar drank yet another bowl. His face glowed a bold red. Witty as he was, he kept his lips closed.

“If the average human is as weak as you. Once I retake my birthright, It would be fun to take some human fiefdoms for myself,” Baal said.

“Oh, I dare you to try,” Belfar said. Doing his best to keep himself from going into a rant.

Belfar tried to pass his ladle to Leah. But she had fallen asleep. As such, Joanne got a hold of the ladle.

But before she could refill her bowl, I took it away from her.

“W-what… w-why?” She asked.

“You are too drunk.” I said.

“N-no… I- I am n-not,” Joanne said. Her cheeks were blushing and her smile contrasted her half-closed eyes.

“Which is surprising…. given that you only took a few sips. So you are out,” I continued.

“Aww, that is… n-not, f-fair.,” Joanne said. Despite pouting, she made no further resistance.

It was the right decision. For she began nodding as she fell asleep.

I filled my bowl and took another shot.

I then tried to pass the ladle to Jasper, but she had passed out.

“You humans, are truly interesting,” Said Baal. As he refilled his own bowl. “It should be clear that you stand no chance to win. and yet, you keep drinking with the same determination than when we started.”

He passed the ladle to the now struggling Belfar.

I was the only remaining witness to their dick measuring contest.

“Are you not ashamed, that a tiny demi-human girl can drink better than you?” Baal asked. Clearly baiting Belfar.

“There is no shame…. in trying,” Belfar said. Taking a small pause to keep control over his lines of thought. “If you wished to be granted an automatic victory, for virtue of your birth, then, shame on you.”

Baal, said nothing. But held a silent, but murderous gaze.

“The two of you could babble for hours, but the fire water is not going to drink itself, is it?” I asked. Intentionally sounding passive agressive.

“Could this be a challenge?” Baal asked.

“Maybe it is.” I said, taking the ladle from Belfar and drinking another bowl as if it was just water.

Baal at that point cared very little about waiting for the ladle, and filled his bowl directly from the cauldron instead. Taking another shot.

Belfar, who was strong in spirit. Drank one more time before passing out.

I drank yet another bowl.

Then Baal drank two.

Which I responded by drinking three.

I began to sweat. But Baal’s face began to turn red.

He drank four, and soon a new cauldron had to be brought over.

I drank five bowls. And soon I felt as if the world around me shook.

[You are now under the effects of Alcohol Poisoning]

Baal drank five and began to look nervous.

I cared very little about the consequences at this point, so I drank six!

And he looked at me as if I was insane. So he drank seven!

I burped so hard and then began throwing up.

Baal laughed, but before he could claim victory, a stream of vomit shot from his mouth.

We spent the rest of the night throwing up and shamelessly pissing right outside Leah’s tent.

The next morning, I woke up with my head pounding. Both Jasper and Baal were gone, but a new Feat appeared in my status screen:

[─ Feat: Pro-Drinker. You are now able to drink ten times faster than normal. The skill can only be used once per hour.]

46