Chapter 2: A strange fairy
107 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fairy, Lotus, took a deep breath and began a speech that sounded memorized.

"You have been chosen to help save the world of Genesis, which will very soon face a great crisis. However, before being sent there you will go through the Tutorial. The Tutorial is a test that will make sure that you are prepared to face the unknown danger of Genesis." She paused, waiting to see if I followed. After I nodded, she continued. "However, sometime Otherworlders with amazing potential won't be able to pass the Tutorial. Indeed, while they may have great talents, they will not be very suited for the Tutorial, who mainly require physical strength. So us administrators will help them in the early stages."

After she finished, she bowed again and sent me a smile. Indeed, I heard in my past life that a few people got privileged with help from the System. But...

"So why did you appear before me then?"

She cocked her head and replied as if confused.

"Mister Axard has an amazing Magic Power, so you will definitely become a great mage! Earth was a world without Mana, so having so much only means that you are extremely talented! The System detected your Mana and sent a support request, and because I was free... I mean because your case was interesting, I decided to become your support administrator."

So the System had sensed my abnormal Magic Stat and so she was now here? As a support administrator, she won't help me directly in the Tutorial but she will give me advices. Not that I need any.

"Thank you very much for your concern, but your help will not be necessary. I can take care of myself fine."

It seemed my words shocked her, as she was looking at me with wide eyes, as if I said something strange.

"Y-You a-are refusing help from a high rank a-administrator?! I just told you that the Tutorial will be extremely difficult for you, so why are you refusing my help?! My knowledge right now is the most precious thing in the world for you right now, so why are you against it? Please reconsider, Mister Axard!"

"Calm down."

I couldn't help but chuckle seeing her so agitated. I asked her.

"There are no free meal in this world. If you help me, will I need to pay you?"

"Huh? Well... You will need to make a contract with me, but you usually only pay me around 10% of you SP. It is very worth it compared to your life."

"10% of my SP during the Tutorial or 10% for the rest of my life?"

"!!!"

As expected, there would be corruption in any government or administration, even in another world. Most people make a contract hastily, without being sure of the consequences they entail.

"I don't need any help, so you can go back now."

"...interesting..."

"What?"

"So interesting! Being able to remain calm under any circonstances and picking up verbal cues so easily! As expected of you Mister! Now I want to make a contract even more!"

"You're close! Too close!"

Pushing her away, I waited for her to calm down. However, she kept speaking about how amazing I am and whatnot, so I interrupted her.

"Now that you know, you can go back."

"I won't go back no matter what! You are the first man to make me feel like that so take responsability!"

"Stop saying nonsense and get to the point."

"S-sorry..."

Coughing a little to hide her earlier outburst, she put on her professional expression.

"It is too late to become serious you know?"

"Shut up. In any case, I am not leaving without getting a contract with you." She said, pouting.

Sighing, I decided to finish this.

"Alright then. If you want, you can go with me during the Tutorial, but you will need to not tell anyone of what I will do."

"I can really accompany you? My instinct tell me this is gonna be a good decision... Wait while I am writing a contract."

She pulled out a piece of parchement out of her Inventory then began writing on it. After she finished, she gave it to me.

"Just for this time, I used a high rank contract. It cost an astronomical 100 000 SP, but you don't need to repay me. With this, my mouth will definitively be shut."

I looked over it and saw that it was quite detailed. After seeing that everything was in order, I signed the contract with my Mana.

"Now you too."

"What an amazing Mana Control... I mean yeah! I'll sign!"

After she signed, the contract bursted into flames and faded away. Although at first I wanted to be alone, I realized that going with someone, even if it's a fairy, will be good for my mental health. This Tutorial is going to take quite some time after all.

I gave my hand for an handshake and she energetically shook one of my finger.

"Also, a last term for the contract."

"Hum? What is it? You should have put it earlier."

"It is more unofficial. Please call me Roel from now on."

She was stunned for a moment but then showed me this time a genuine smile.

"Alright! I hope it is the beginning of a wonderful relationship, Roel!"

3