Fireworks abound
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and Co, nor do I make any money from this.

Warning: This chapter includes adult situations. If you are not comfortable then skip the tail end of this chapter.


The first term was finally over, and the summer break was upon them. Kagome could admit that her brain hurt from the useful and useless facts that she had crammed into her head for all of her finals. She was glad it was done and was enjoying the much-needed break.

This balmy evening had the teen getting ready for the Sumidagawa Fireworks Festival that was in a couple of hours. Kagome stared at herself in the mirror, smoothing down her navy yukata with large red and white flowers scattered about the dark fabric. It was held together with a red obi and tied neatly in the back with a bow. She snagged the pink flower comb off the stand and slid it beside her twisted knot just as her son came running into the room.

"Mama. Done!" He stated happily, twirling around and showing off his new outfit.

"I see that. You look so handsome, Baby." She cooed at the adorable toddler, eyeing his navy jinbei with the stag beetle pattern. It was the one that Sesshōmaru and Malakai had picked out when they had gone shopping the other day.

Malakai's attention returned to the doorway and clapped his hands joyously. "Dada. Handom. too." He crowed clearly wanting his mother to compliment his father as well.

Her gentle breath caught in her throat at the sight of her boyfriend. He was dressed immaculately in a white yukata with red patterned flowers on one shoulder and the same design on the edge of his sleeves. It was pulled together with a navy and mustard yellow striped obi. His long-silvered hair was down like usual. He looked good, so freaking good. "Yes, he does." Kagome forced out, fervently hoping no drool was running down her chin.

"You look gorgeous as always." Sesshōmaru said, instantly flashing her a sly grin as his fierce gaze traveled slowly down her sleek form.

Valiantly fighting the blush that always wanted to come whenever her boyfriend stared at her as if she were an exotic dish on a table. "As do you." She summoned a smile while smoothing out her obi.

"I know." He said proudly, chest-puffing broadly and flaunting that arrogant smirk.

She snorted at the boastful attitude then turned around to grab the matching hand fan before returning her attention to the inuyōkai. "Are we set to go?" asked the teen, not bothering to stroke her boyfriend's massive ego.

"Hai." The yōkai said, scooping up their son before regarding the pretty woman once again. "Do you have everything ready?" He inquired, adjusting the toddler on his hip and followed her out of the room.

A hand quickly landed on the banister for balance as Kagome glanced over a shoulder to answer his question. "The food is made and in the wicker basket along with the drinks. It's on the bench with a bag filled with items that we may need." She had sufficiently prepared the food the night before with the guidance of her mother. Then made sure they had things for Malakai as well as a blanket for them to sit on.

"Good." Sesshōmaru remarked, his nose twitching slightly as if trying to scent what was in the sealed containers. "What did you make?" He questioned, eyeing the basket he had just picked up to carry.

Securing the bag over her shoulder, she slipped on her sandals before revealing their meal for the night. "I made some Bentos filled with onigiri, grilled salmon, tamagoyaki, takoyaki, and tsukemono. Do you want to pick up something else on our way there?" Asked the tiny female as she promptly locked the door then glanced over at the tall dog demon.

"No, that sounds satisfactory. Did your mother help?" He asked, keeping a sharp eye on her diminutive form while they made their way down the vast stone steps to his waiting vehicle.

"Yeah, a little," Kagome said, reaching out to grab ahold of his arm when her balance teetered on the old stairs before continuing. "She showed me how to cook and put everything together. I hope it's good." Elaborate cooking wasn't her forte, but she had wanted to make something special for tonight instead of going out and simply buying some convenience store meals. Her mother thought it would be good to learn since she would be mated soon and would need to feed her family.

"I'm certain it will be fine, your mother assisted after all." Sesshōmaru assured with a small smile.

She snickered at his response, knowing full well that the happy yōkai enjoyed her mother's cooking immensely. "You only say that because you love mama's cooking."

When they reached the bottom, he pulled her closer and kissed her silky crown. "That I do, though I will love yours even more."

Leaning into his warmth, Kagome tipped her face beaming up at him and patting his arm lightly. "Sweet talker." The yōkai just flashed another cheeky smile before escorting her to the parked car.

Once they arrived at their destination and found a place to park, the couple wove through the throng of people milling about.

"Do we have a place to sit?" asked Kagome knowing Sesshōmaru could hear her even over the loud hum of the crowd.

Nodding, he leaned closer, so she could catch what he said next. "Yes," His head motioned in the direction of the large fenced off section up ahead. "we are in the reserved area."

Approaching the man standing near the entrance, Sesshōmaru gave his name and flashed his identification before moving passed to find an open spot. "How about over there next to that tree?" He directed the wicker basket at the grassy section.

"Sure." She said while adjusting the bag strap and hurrying eagerly to the spot, not wanting anyone else to snag it. Gently pulling the blanket from her pack, Kagome spread it on the landscaped ground then plopped down. She rested against the red maple base, flashing her boyfriend a delighted smile. "At least our backs won't hurt at the end of the night."

"You mean your back won't hurt." He quipped while placing the basket in front of her, then sat down with Malakai in his lap.

Relenting, the young mother sighed in exaggeration. "Ok. My back won't be sore." Her eyes rocked skyward when he flaunted one of his cocky grins. She ignored him by digging through the wicker basket.

Pulling out the homemade Bentos, Kagome strategically placed them in the middle of the blanket and opened the lids, revealing the plentiful food. She snagged an onigiri and held it out to the small boy. "Kai Kai, hungry?"

"Hai!" He cried happily and wrapped his tiny hands around the nori wrapped rice ball, taking a hearty bite. "Mmm. Good." Chirped the toddler between mouthfuls of rice.

"You did well." Agreed her boyfriend causing Kagome to preen under her family's praises before trying the food herself.

A while later, with full bellies and the stars twinkling in the darkened sky, Sesshōmaru wrapped his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders and pulled her to him. "The show is about to start." He whispered, then adjusted the small yōkai so that he was comfortable.

All of a sudden, the horizon filled with a terrific explosion of colorful lights causing Malakai squealed at the dazzling sight. He bounced happily on his father's lap, clapping his plump hands together. The couple chuckled at their child's joyous excitement then swiftly settled in to witness the fiery display.

The show had been better than last year, but that could have been because of the excellent vantage. It makes a world of difference when you don't have others obscuring your view. Once the performance was over, the small family scrambled to get to their car before the traffic jam began. Now home, they quietly exited the vehicle and slowly made their way towards the old shrine entry. Kagome's gaze shifted to the sleeping pup dozing softly in his father's arms. "I can't believe he made it through the whole show." She whispered as they began to climb the worn stone steps.

"Just barely." Sesshōmaru softly responded, adjusting Malakai when the small boy shifted unconsciously.

"Yeah," the teen agreed while climbing up the last of the stairs. "I was positive he would have crashed before it had finished since he had a short nap, and it was way past his bedtime."

"He can be quite stubborn when he sets his mind to it." The striking yōkai noted before his lips twitched up in mild amusement. "Just like his mother." He said, lightly chuckling as his woman huffed and stomped to the front door.

"I would say I am tenacious, not stubborn." She finally declared while digging through the bag for the house keys.

"I do not see the difference." Sesshōmaru snarked drily, knowing that if would ruffle his girlfriend's feathers.

It did just that and had the huffy teen sniffing haughtily. "Well, there is." She said briskly over her shoulder then unlocked the door.

His voice lightly echoed amongst the stillness of the dwelling as he followed her inside. "If you say so."

Kagome disregarded his previous comment and kicked off her sandals. "It's awfully quiet. I don't think anyone is home." She whispered, unsure if her mother had made it back or not.

Sesshōmaru inclined his head to the side, listening for signs of life. The soft heartbeats and shallow breaths could be heard above, informing the yōkai that there was one person in the abode. "It appears only your mother is here, and she is upstairs sleeping." He offered as he slipped off his footwear.

"Yeah, Mama said she was unsure if she would be staying at Uncles house, and Sōta had mentioned maybe sleeping over at a friend's." She stated, setting down the bag on the bench before grabbing the basket from her boyfriend. "Why don't you go and put Malakai to bed while I wash the dishes?" She suggested. Sesshōmaru appeared to want to argue and take back the wicker, but Kagome stopped him by ushering him towards the stairwell. "Go. I should be done by the time you get back." Before he could respond, the young mother scurried away and was off to the kitchen, so she could swiftly wash the bento boxes and chopsticks.

Once the last dish was on the drying rack, Kagome turned around, reclining against the counter and wiped her hand on the tea towel. Her thoughts drifted to tonight's events and how wonderful it had been. She couldn't help but wish it wouldn't end just yet. A faint sigh escaped as her boyfriend strolled into the kitchen. "I don't want the night to end," gently whispered the teen displaying those big baby blues beseechingly.

Sesshōmaru came forward, reaching for the damp towel and hanging it on the rack behind her while he spoke. "How about we take the blanket and go observe the stars for a little bit?" Proposed the yōkai watching his female's face light up like the rising sun.

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

A hearty chuckle resounded from the silver-haired demon as he brushed away some stray strands, then ran the pads of his fingers along her cheek and cupped her jawline. "Yes." He said with a small smile.

"Maybe we should change into something a little cooler. I think you left some joggers and a few shirts here. Mama placed them in the second drawer of my dresser." Kagome suggested while leaning into his gentle touch. Her tender gaze twinkled mischievously, and an amused giggle reverberated through her petite form as she continued. "She said you are over here more than you are at your own home, so you should at least have a drawer to hold your things."

He leaned in to tenderly kiss her lips before pulling back to respond. "Your mother is a wise woman." Bantered the yōkai as he lowered his hand to move to the small of her back and carefully escorted her out of the kitchen.

"Yes, that." She agreed then turned to the demon with a knowing smirk. "and she likes you."

"Thank the Gods for that." Quipped Sesshōmaru wiggling his brows and showing her his pearly whites.

Softly laughing at her boyfriend's uncharacteristic display, Kagome shook her head as they entered her bedroom. "Indeed." She whispered before giggling some more when he winked at her.

Once in the room, Sesshōmaru quickly retrieved his clothing then made his way into the bathroom to change. Kagome raced to the dresser to grab a pair of pajamas before hurrying to get out of her intricate outfit.

Since it was too warm even with the sun now down, the young mother dressed in a tank top and a pair of shorts. Her boyfriend came in with a pair of gray joggers and a tight white tank. Kagome could see the ridges of his muscles, and suddenly the room felt hotter. God, he was a walking sex bomb, and she could not believe that this yōkai was all hers.

His arms crossed over his broad chest and biceps twitched when he caught his girlfriend practically drooling. His gaze trailed down her luscious form taking in the tiny pajamas and silently willing away the sudden hardness at the sight. He cleared his throat and motioned towards the open doorway. "Are you ready?"

Kagome snapped out of her daze, a blush surfacing when she realized she had been staring and been caught. She angled her head, so the fluff of bangs sufficiently covered the blooming color and started for the door. "Yes. I just have to grab the blanket." The embarrassed teen threw out as she crossed the threshold, intentionally leaving the chuckling yōkai behind.

When Sesshōmaru caught up with Kagome, she had already retrieved the blanket and was waiting outside. The wind tossed her dark mane wildly as he approached. "Let's go away from the lights of the house so we can see the stars better." He suggested, an arm encircling her waist and leading them farther out of the massive grounds.

The duo had been walking for a few minutes before the lights from the house were no longer visible. It was now dark so much so that if it hadn't been for the yōkai guiding, she would have taken several tumbles. He suddenly stopped causing Kagome to do the same. "How about here?" He asked while looking about the darkened area.

Her eyes had adjusted some but nothing close to what Sesshōmaru's vision was, though she could just make out the grassy section around them. "Seems okay." She said with a shrug and escaped his hold to shake out the blanket, spreading it as neatly as possible.

Lightly grunting as she plopped down and fell back on the soft fabric, Kagome then swept her bright gaze across the abundance of glittering stars. It shifted from the vast skyline when Sesshōmaru came to rest beside her. "Come here, love." He said while nudging her silky crown. She lifted her head so that he could slip his arm comfortably underneath her neck and gently hugged her firmly to his side, neither bothered by the balmy night air.

A content sigh slipped free as she snuggled closer and regarded the night sky yet again. "I wish we were farther away from the city, so we could see them even better," Kagome uttered wistfully and roamed the massive pinpricks of gas. "They are so pretty."

Sesshōmaru kissed her temple, his golden eyes not on the scenery above but taking in her reflective features. "Not as pretty as you." He smoothly stated, sporting a saucy grin when her attention returned to him.

Slapping him lightly on the chest, Kagome chuckled with a shake of her onyx head. "Sweet talker." She mused, lips twisting into one of amusement.

A surprised squeal erupted from the teen as the yōkai swiftly moved so that he was now hovering above her. His usual indifferent gaze was replaced with twinkling mirth. "So, I have been told." He quipped before swiftly capturing her lips and silencing any retort she may have.

She moaned once Sesshōmaru trailed along her jawline to the sensitive juncture behind her ear. "Maru…" whimpered the petite woman as he nipped the area then returned to her swollen lips.

His large hand crept underneath the edge of the lacy tank, fingertips skimming along her side, then ribcage and ending up cupping the tender flesh of her breast. Blood boiled like lava and traveled straight to her throbbing core when the yōkai lightly twisted the taunt pebble between the pads of his fingers, causing the teen to mew loudly and lean into his touch.

Sesshōmaru broke the kiss and groaned as his girlfriend's small hand slid over the outside of his joggers and palmed his aching hardness. His eyes closed at the pleasurable feeling then regrettably pulled away before things got out of control. "We need to stop, Love," He said while gently prying her little fingers from his person.

"No, don't." She softly whined, rolling her hips and rocking against his pulsing member triggering another throaty groan from him. "Woman, you drive me to the point of madness." He struggled to say between the pleasurable gyrations and dropped his head on her shoulder to groan yet again.

Kagome could feel his scorching breath on her collarbone and leaned forward to whisper in his ear. "I need you." She subsequently flicked her tongue along his lower lobe earning another moan from the inuyōkai.

Reluctantly, Sesshōmaru roll off her and onto his back, staring up at the twinkling darkness. "I do too, but love, we must stop." He soberly replied into the balmy air.

"Maru, no..." She desperately cried before leaning up on an elbow to stare at the flustered yōkai.

"We have no protection." He said, trying to reason with not only her but himself as well.

"Don't need it." She stated with a rosy flush to her cheekbones. "I started on the pill a couple of days ago," Reluctantly admitted the teen, her blue eyes promptly dropped to the blanket, and a manicured hand played nervously with the edge of her shorts.

His astonished gaze instantly flew to her blooming features before promptly turning onto his side to face her. "You did not say anything." He said, regarding her questioningly.

She hesitantly looked up, chewing nervously on her bottom lip and gave a small shrug. "I was unsure of how to bring it up. I merely wanted to be prepared. You know just in case." Was he mad she didn't tell him? Though, she hadn't meant to keep it a secret. She didn't want to put any unnecessary pressure on them. "Are you-" His lips cut her off before she could even ask if he was angry.

Limbs tangled as clothes were haphazardly thrown on to the grass, and the warm wind blew across their newly exposed skin.

The petite woman closed her eyes and moaned when they finally became one. "Maru…" she whimpered fingers raking into his silvers locks as his heated breath coasted her neckline.

"Fuck." groaned the yōkai settling into the snug warmth. Her fingers fell from his silky strands as he raised up on his forearms and began to rock with the same age-old dance of those before them. "So tight." He whispered into the warm breeze and closed his pink-streaked eyes.

Her thin digits reached up to grasp his biceps, holding on as her man quickened the pace. "Maru…" Kagome demanded with the even strokes. "Don't stop."

Without warning, she found herself on all fours wedged between the ground and her yōkai. His hand wove into her dark locks as he slammed into her slick passage. She cried out, fingers clawing the blanket as she closed her eyes. The coil of pleasure tightened almost painfully, indicating that her peak was quickly approaching. "Faster." Kagome desperately pleaded with the demon.

A growl rumbled above, and he did as his female requested. Her head was yanked to the side, exposing her bare neck as his movements became more erratic. His hot pants tickled the sensitive skin causing the mewing teen to shiver with even more pleasure.

Like an arrow from a bow, the delightful feeling pulled tighter and tighter until it released, instantly flooding the woman with a tsunami of overwhelming bliss. She never noticed the sharp sting as the feeling intensified and caused the tiny female to lose consciousness.


Another chapter squared away though it had taken longer than I expected. I would say life distracted me but it was and still is several video games released and will be released this year. So freaking excited! I am also into Supernatural, Crime, and murder mysteries right now; Weird Darkness (Podcast) and Bailey Sarian (Youtuber).

As for life, the new dog is getting so big, the older dog is the same-old and bossy, My mom is doing awesome, and the teen is thankfully drama-free lately. Crossing my fingers that it will last. It's wonderful to know that I am not the only dealing with teenage drama!

As for the chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it. I swear this couple doesn't do anything by halves. Some serious changes will be happening in the next few chapters; Plans get modified, things get complicated, truths are revealed, and a lot of family fluff with a little bit of angst. Wow, I cannot believe that I only have 15 chapters left until this ends.

Also, thank you to all who review. I greatly appreciate all of your responses. They really do motivate me to continue to write even with all of my distractions.

*Tamagoyaki – Japanese-style omelet

*tsukemono – Pickled vegetables

*takoyaki - Octopus Balls

*Onigiri - Rice Balls

 

1