Chapter 4 – Ohara
1.6k 5 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Nico Robin POV)

After being taken back to the ship I was told that I ended up falling asleep due to everything that happened. I think finally being able to stop and not run made me exhausted due to the stress of the situation.

When I woke up I first saw the man who had taken me back to his ship. He was tall, probably about 243cm (8ft), and had shoulder-length lavender color hair that was let loose behind him with ocean blue eyes and a muscular but lean build. He wore a black shirt with a red overcoat and white trim only leaving one button connected on the middle of the coat along with white joggers that had one leg rolled up to the knee then black sandals on his feet.

Next to him sitting down in a chair was a woman that could match my mom in beauty. She had straight dirty blonde hair that was tied up into a ponytail and then thrown over her left shoulder, braided at the end with a lavender hair tie that matched the man's hair, her eyes were green like the color of emerald with her face looking too delicate to even touch. She wore a blue long sleeve shirt that circled her neckline with white trim along with the ends on the sleeves being white-trimmed. She had a blanket over her from the stomach down while having one hand on her stomach where you could see a bulge protruding, she was pregnant.

"Are you calmed down now? Can you tell us what happened?" The woman asked while smiling at me.

"It's ok if you still need to think about everything, just take your time with it". The man who had taken me here added.

"No it's fine, I'm better now" After saying that without looking at the both of them anymore and choosing to just look at the ground as I told them about myself and how I was able to grow body parts after I ate a devil fruit and how the other children treated me, How my mother left when I was 2, about how the life I lived in my aunt and uncles being told to always keep out of sight, about how the only thing I did was read books and about how I was finally accepted as an official scholar of Ohara but also about how they refused to let me research into a certain subject and refused to let me follow my mothers' footsteps then about how I met Saul a vice-admiral of the marines who had washed up the shore, how he taught me to laugh when times got hard and how it turned out he was escaping the marines to warn the people of Ohara that they were coming to destroy the island. Then witnessing the murder of Dr.Clover and about how I met my mother again who as it turns how was helped by Saul to escape prison after being locked up due to her research then my mother entrusting me to Saul to by time for me to escape what the marines were doing to Ohara and how Saul died for me to make it to the escape raft he had been building and finally about how I met Kazan and him making a path for me to escape on account of him being friends with Saul then him warning me that if I cause any trouble in the future he'll be the first to track me down.

Once I got to the end of my story I wanted to cry again but remembering Saul and everything he had taught me I decided to start laughing instead

"Hahaha---" But before I could laugh anymore, the woman had gotten up out of her seat and came to sit next to me on the bed I had been sitting on and took me into her embrace.

"It's ok to cry sometimes as well, a lot has happened to you, and although it is better to laugh than to cry there are times that crying can be more helpful," The woman said in a gentle voice while gradually holding me tighter and patting the back of my head.

Once she said that I couldn't hold back anymore and cried harder than I ever have before, shaking in her embrace while she still just sat there continuing to hug me and pat the back of my head until I fell asleep.

(Pietas D. Gauge POV)

"So what do you want to do with her?" I asked my wife while she was putting the girl named Robin under the covers and tucking her in.

"Do you seriously need to ask that? The poor thing just lost everyone and everything she has ever known because the world government was too scared to have their secrets known." Geina said while staring at me like she was looking at an idiot.

"So we'll be giving her to the revolutionary army?" After saying that my wife looked at me even harder than she already was as if she confirmed I was an idiot

"What?"

Geina looked at me in disappointment, shook her head then started to explain. "Well be taking her in you dummy, normally if the children came from a slave ship then yes we would take them to the revolutionary army so that they could locate their home but that isn't the case with someone with nowhere to go, shell end up getting dragged into their ranks like the other orphans who have nowhere to return to. And if she is going to end up in that life either way because I doubt she will let this go like nothing happened, not searching for what caused her home's destruction and why it was so important to hide going as far as to destroy her home. And if that's the case then we might as well train her, also since she's a scholar from Ohara shell know how to read the poneglyphs and if that ever gets discovered she will become one of the most wanted people in the world, the last thing the world government would want is a loose end like her." after pausing for a minute and collecting her thoughts Geina continued.

"Besides our child most definitely isn't normal, and now that Ohara is gone we cant consult anyone like Dr.Clover who has lived there for decades and probably read most everything in the tree of knowledge. I also doubt this little girl would know anything about conquerors haki let alone such an unheard-of case like our child. So since our child has such a strong will already I think it would be best to start gathering people to help on their journey, I don't know what our child will choose to do in the future but I do know it's going to be a big and they'll need all the help they can get. So let's continue what we normally do and stay low-key but focus on mainly the 4 great seas while slowly gathering reliable and talented people for our child to rely on in the future, Robin can be one of them." After saying this Geina got up from the bed and motioned me to follow her.

"If you truly want to do this then we will need a way to get across the red-line without drawing any attention," I told her while thinking about a way to do it, and then it hit me.

"We're heading back to the north blue to rob a Germa ship aren't we" She didn't even need to respond because I could see the smile she had.

"You're not always an idiot" after saying this Geina opened the door to our storeroom and walked towards a certain devil fruit that we had recently collected.

" I also assume that it will be my job to train the children we take in?" I already know the answer though her confirmation is still needed, I can't always tell what she's planning.

"Two for two it's almost like you weren't giving stupid answers before, well mostly right anyway while you teach them about fighting and how to use haki along with training them to that point. I'll be responsible for their education, especially Robin, being able to become a scholar at such a young age is no easy feat. She'll be a great strategist in the future if that potential is honed" Geina said to me with a devious smile. Before pulling the fruit out of its box and showing it to me.

"I wasn't thinking about this matter earlier but do you remember how we discovered this devil fruit? It was the same day we found out I was pregnant. Once we got the good news we headed out into the town on that island to try out their local specialties as a celebration. That's where we came across that fruit basket with a whole bunch of exotic fruits found all over the north blue and decided to get it to sample them but the moment we got back onto the ship one of the fruits glowed and changed into this". Geina said while pointing at the held up devil fruit and then continued

"I don't think it was a coincidence that this fruit came about once we got back to our ship anymore, our child used conqueror's haki before even being born so this fruit may be destined for them, I mean why else would it not appear until we were back at a safe location and on the same day of the big news, Its as if the world was ensuring that we got this fruit safely."

"So what, do you think there's some grand plan that involves our child and this devil fruit?" I asked her with a smile,

'it isn't like Geina to make such leaps in conclusion like this. I thought.

"I know what you're thinking but ever since we felt our childs haki I've been thinking about this devil fruit more and more and no matter how I see it nothing about this situation is normal, to begin with so why not make such a leap of faith," Geina said and it didn't look like she was joking in the slightest.

"Do you even know what that devil fruit is? You're the expert after all." I asked her to make sure she knows what she's talking about doing.

"Of course, I wouldn't give our child a random devil fruit no matter how big of a leap I had to take if I wasn't sure I knew what the fruit was, I don't even want to think about what I would do if I turned our child into someone who can never satiate their hunger as the Baku Baku no mi does to their user," Geina stated with seriousness while staring me in the eyes and then after a minute she continued.

"This devil fruit is the Zushi Zushi no mi. It gives the user the ability to control gravity, it is one of the strongest paramecia fruits I can think of only really losing to old man Whitebeard's Gura Gura no mi in destructive power. When you train our child's haki there may be very few opponents that will be able to face them in the future. Especially because if used right this devil fruit can even give the user the ability to fly around without the bounds of gravity making its potential use cases many." She said while Holding the fruit to me.

"Huh, so our child could make a ship fly if they wanted to if they were to eat this fruit, awesome that would be so much better than being subject to always staying in the water". I said pondering the possibility of such powers.

"Exactly," Geina said to me and then gave me a peck on the cheek while smiling widely.

"It may be a selfish choice for us to make and I realize that but I think feeding this fruit to our child while their still newborn would be the best option. She will grow with her powers from infancy so they should be second nature to her at a very young age. Also, it shouldn't be dangerous. Thanks to my ability I'll just stop her before she causes any harm to herself". Geina said to me while putting the devil fruit back into its storage box.

"You'll have to be watching over her like a hawk to ensure she doesn't accidentally harm herself or break something, you realize that you're going to get almost no rest right?" making sure she thought this out all the way even though she probably thought about this and more I still have to make sure.

"That was the plan with or without devil fruit," she said while crossing her arms and looking up with her chin tilted at me.

"YAYA, ok. Ok you're smarter than me when it comes to anything besides fighting and cooking so I'll leave the choice up to you, I know you'll do what's best for our child". I said to Geina before wrapping her up in my arms and giving her a deep kiss.

"Mhn, not too much right now," she said, pulling away from me.

"I don't want to get into the mood while pregnant, you're too rough to trust until I've had our child," Geina said with an accusatory gaze

"Says the one who complains whenever I stop or moans at me to go at it harder whenever I want a break," I said before laughing at how she kept turning darker shades of red before her accusatory gaze vanished completely turning into a pout.

"Hmph, Sleep in an extra room tonight," she said before storming off back into the room Robin was sleeping in and locking the door.

"YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA, even if I can't sleep in the same room as here tonight just seeing that expression on her face was more than worth it" saying this loud enough for her to hear me, I walked out of the storage room and up to the deck so that I can steer the ship towards an island near the calm belt so that Geina can give birth on the comfort that is solid ground.

A/N - sorry for the bad character description, I tried.

47