Chapter 6 – So much worse
1.2k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Pietas D. Gauge POV)

"So what are we going to do now?" Although I had a good idea of what's to come like always Geina has the final say in things this complicated.

"Tsk isn't it obvious" Looking at me in contempt while still cuddling our child who just stopped crying more than should be possible for that tiny body, she continued.

"We'll raise her with care as we planned regardless of her past life, I wasn't lying when I told her I'm going to be pampering her, besides she seems to like the idea as well so that will make dressing her up, changing her hairstyle, Pa-". Once she got this far I knew she was going to start listing all the plans she had for her doting so I had to get her back on track.

"What about her plans to overthrow the world government along with the world nobles and current system of pirates then reordering everything. We both knew that our child was going to do something extraordinary since the conquerors haki but this is out of both of our expectations." I said making her stop talking about her dote plans and adopt an expression of contemplation as she got lost in thought. After a few minutes, she started to say.

"We already planned to gather a crew for her or at least the startings of her future crew but if what she says is true then she should already have an idea of who she wants to join her on this goal she has set in life. And in some turn of luck, we already have the first member." After saying this Geina turned to look at Robin who was still out of it due to everything that happened today.

"Robin"

"Robin"

"Hey Geina to Robin is she near her den-den mushi"

The third time Robin seemed to snap out of her daze because she looked at our child for a second and then up at Geina with a gaze that showed nothing but a burning desire.

"Yes I'll join your daughter on her journey even if it's against the world, Actually that makes it better. I need to find out why the void century is such a taboo topic for the world government to the extent they would kill everyone I've ever known and burn down my home". Then robin looked away from geina and back to our child and continued speaking.

"She said she knows where the poneglyphs are and I'm willing to believe her in that, not that I have any better ideas to find them." then her gaze changed from her burning desire to one of sympathy.

"Besides I have some idea what she is going through right now, losing everyone you love and suddenly being in an unexpected situation, it's kinda funny how similar we are." Robin started to laugh a little before stopping as she looked back at Geina to see her with a wide smile on her face.

"I knew you were smart, that's probably why my child wants you on her crew," Geina said before chuckling a little. Making Robin slightly blush at such direct praise.

"Continuing from that though this does make giving her a Devil fruit a lot easier, we can just ask her what type she wants after all, though I still feel like she'll choose that one" before Geina could speak any further Robin interrupted her.

"Wait what do you mean "make giving her a devil fruit easier" arent devil fruits supposed to be rare and almost impossible to find unless by luck?"

"Oh yeah it makes sense you don't know since we haven't mentioned anything yet but Geina and I here are devil fruit collectors and chroniclers. We have to keep ourselves pretty hidden because of our profession, if news got out that we had a variety of devil fruits on a ship with only 2 people there would be a never-ending storm of upstart pirates and greedy people chasing us". I started to explain to Robin which seemed to shock her.

"So you're telling me there are many types of devil fruits on this ship at all times? Why don't you just hide them somewhere? Isn't that extremely dangerous?" But before she could continue her barrage of questions Geina cut in.

"Oh don't worry about stuff like that, this is a family tradition passed down from my father and his mother before him so on and so on. We have been able to keep the secret these few generations because we simply act like we don't have the fruits on our ship. If you don't believe you're guilty of anything then no one else will suspect you after all. Also, the best type of stealth is the one where there are no witnesses left." Robin was stunned at those words for a second before she realized what they meant then turned to look at me.

"We may not seem it because of the way we act and how we both like to live a quiet life but both of us are top contenders in the world when it comes to strength, Geinas Devil Fruit makes her near unstoppable against anyone else who relies on their fruit to fight and I can match even a Yonko in terms of haki alone without the aid of a fruit". Saying this seemed to give Robin more questions than answers but seeming not wanting to ask too much she settled on.

"If you have a choice of many fruits then why not use one and gain its abilities?".

"Both of us don't need abilities and besides one of us has to be able to swim in case the worst-case scenario happens, even if you're strong the sea is unpredictable". At that statement, Geina scoffed.

"Says you, I can navigate the new world with near-perfect accuracy".

"Oh, then what about that time you said we needed to pull in the sails because a snowstorm was coming just for us to end up lost in a whirlpool 10 seconds later with no way out not to mention the lack of snow," I countered, which made Geina blush a little at being called out in front of someone.

"What do you mean no way out all you had to do was tie a rope to the ship and then yourself and pull us out." She countered not wanting to lose face in front of Robin.

"Tsk, fine, I just didn't want to do anything then, but can you blame me? The whirlpools were like an amusement park ride." Finding the fastest way to end this topic I chose to concede with this, causing Robin to laugh at our antics.

"Haha" Robin couldn't hold it in and started to laugh, causing Geina to look at her with a slightly deeper blush than she had at first. Clearing her throat Geina continued from before the conversation got derailed.

"Don't worry too much about safety, we have been able to keep this practice going unnoticed by the world for generations for a reason".

"Anyway, back to our daughter's future, once she's old enough for solid foods, I'll let her choose which devil fruit she would like so that she can start her training with it as early as possible. Besides that, once she wakes up we need to ask her about who she wants in her crew and where we can find them before we leave the west blue, in case there are more in this part of the sea. Along with the important question of exactly how she plans on pulling this entire goal of hers off."

Adding onto what Geina had just stated I continued "Once she's old enough I'll start training her up to be able to use haki, and if she does choose that fruit then training will be a lot more fun". Thinking about what kind of monster I could turn my daughter into with hard enough training my smile couldn't help but widen the more I thought about it.

"Although I won't get to dote on her as long as a normal child, I can at least relish in the thought of never having to worry about her safety in the future." Geina said with a smile similar to mine.".

"I feel kinda sorry for her," Robin murmured. But this didn't go unheard by Geina or me as we both looked at each other for a second then stared at Robin making her shiver.

(Emma POV)

After I woke up in my new mother's embrace we went on to talk about the plans I had for the future in more detail along with me telling them who I wanted to join me on my crew and where we could find them. I also told them that although I do have this grand plan to up rule this world's order in mind I still want to enjoy the journey it takes me on and not rush to the end, especially because this will be a bloody path and I'm still mentally preparing for that first moment of it to start.

Something I didn't expect though was that when I was still inside my mom's womb I happened to use conqueror's haki and since then my parents had already planned on gathering me, a crew. I wanted to complain about that train of thought but looking at the situation I really can't, so I decided to do the next best thing.

"Robin, as I said earlier I know the location of the poneglyphs just not what's on them specifically or how to read them, that's one of the reasons I need you on my crew".

"What's the other reason?" Robin asked curiously while looking at me in the eyes

"Besides the fact you're probably a large margin smarter than me, well you'll find out in the future," I said while thinking about adult Robin, but not breaking eye contact with current Robin.

Blushing slightly at being praised for the second time today Robin spoke. "I guess I will find out in the future because I already decided to join your crew." This made me do a double-take at Robin, not for the fact she accepted my offer, I expected that after all we just got done talking about my plans, no what surprised me was that she blushed. I never thought robin would be this weak to praise, I know a certain slightly sadistic green-haired future crew member will love to exploit this.

We didn't have to be on the next island until the year 1510 of the one-piece calendar but after that, we'll only have one year to find two sisters who could be anywhere in the north blue so this is a nice calm before the storm. My mom decided that it would be best to stay on this island until I'm able to walk and run, basically until I can function on my own and not be carried like a puppy anywhere and everywhere she plans on taking me.

But that still doesn't mean we could waste any time so mom decided to teach me about this world and how it functions in detail along with telling me about all the different races and ways in which they live from the Skypeans to Fishman which honestly I was surprised at first because she not only knew that the Skypians and Shandrians existed but also that they were at war with each other, but it doesn't seem she knows about Enel and his god complex.

These were important lessons because the manga did not come close to giving me this much information. At least that I remembered, the thing was insanely long after all and I don't have some perfect mary-sue type memory.

After a little time had passed and I was finally able to eat solid foods my mom pouted a little about not being able to play with me as much before she brought me into an average-looking storage room on their ship and went to open a box containing a devil fruit.

"Does this seem familiar to you?" She asked, holding the devil fruit with the opposite arm she wasn't using to hold me.

"It's just a devil fruit isn't it?" Although I said that in as plain a way I could manage I was freaking out a little bit on the inside, because if I'm not wrong this should be the zushi zushi no mi, I've been wondering when I'd get my devil fruit as per my wish but I never suspected my parents would be keeping it in a storeroom.

"Oh, so you don't recognize this fruit? I was hoping you would, you see this devil fruit magically appeared on the day I learned I was pregnant with you so I always thought there might be some correlation." Mom said while looking between me and the fruit. After she did that for a little while I couldn't stand it anymore, something inside me just doesn't want to keep any secrets from this woman even if I should so I went and told her that this devil fruit is something I wished for before coming to this world and that I'm also able to use one more devil fruit, unlike the normal person who can only use one. Also that I'm still able to swim, although I didn't tell her about the sea prism stone, no matter how much I want to trust her I have to have some failsafe.

"Hmm, That explains why you're so confident about your dream for this world, but still I can't have you being this loose-lipped about your abilities even if it's with family, a lot of people in this world don't realize just how strong hidden trump cards can be. Using their full power whenever they get the chance to show off their might. I'll have to be more strict with your education, it only took me a little bit of staring to make you cave in" she said then and started to chuckle so I tried to explain myself.

"No, No you don't have to worry about me telling everyone about myself and my abilities...it just doesn't feel right keeping secrets from you and dad as stupid as it sounds".

"That's not a stupid silly girl, it just goes to show that you can trust us with your deepest secret, and I'm glad that you can. And I'm not saying it's not ok to tell those close to you, you just have to be extra careful about it even if it's family, it's hard to truly predict someone's heart after all" saying this my mom went on to share her and dad's secret about what they do for a living and it shocked me since there were no such characters in the anime. But what shocked me was when Mom explained to me what her devil fruit could do and that Dad was comparable to a Yonko with his haki. You would think I'd have heard about people like this from the manga unless they're so good at what they do they hide from Oda as well.

'It looks like my training will be top tier in this life' I thought to myself before Mom snapped me out of my daze by shoving part of the devil fruit she somehow cut up into my mouth.

"It tastes extremely bad but just bear with it," she said while mercilessly feeding me with a smile on her face, she looked like the devil at this moment because no matter how much I complained about the horrid taste she wouldn't stop feeding me with the same benevolent smile until the entire fruit was gone.

"So do you feel you can use the fruit's ability," my mom asked while I was still coughing due to the taste in my mouth.

"Ugh… uhhhh" *spits*

"That tastes so much worse than I thought it would, ugh, Huh?". All of a sudden it seemed a large amount of information poured into my mind letting me know what I just gained by eating the devil fruit. So with this new knowledge in mind, I stared at the box that used to contain the devil fruit and lowered the gravity around it eventually causing the box to slowly float in the air but after a few seconds it suddenly fell back down and I couldn't use my ability anymore.

"JAJAJA, looks like that's the limit of your fruit's abilities for now but let me stop that for now, look at yourself, you're practically covered in sweat, and I'm sure after the adrenaline runs off you'll fall asleep". My mom pointed out to me, making me snap out of my daze of getting superpowers but just as that happened a wave of tiredness hit my body like a truck just as she said would happen.

"Come on let's go to bed, this is just the first of many times you'll fall asleep due to exhaustion, so make sure to get used to it." She said before I couldn't stay awake any longer.

(A/N - Both of the MC's parents are there for the first arc of the story and won't show up much if at all after this arc, I'll still make them feel like real people or at least try to and I'll give them a satisfying final character arc. The reason I don't want to use them too much after the first arc is because it already feels like I'm using a lot of "Because plot" with them around. Also besides the MC I don't want to add AU powerhouses that are strong from the beginning.)(A/N2 - One member of the crew will be AU, though not like Mc's parents)

38