Chapter 5 – Anomaly in this world
1.5k 10 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3 months later)

(The year 1502, 20 years before the start of the cannon) (3y older than Luffy)

(Nico Robin POV)

On an island in the west blue inside the house of a doctor, the sounds of a woman's cursing could be heard. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK AGHHHHHHHH COME ON, CUNT SUCKING SHIT MUFFIN, FUCKIN HELL FIGHTING SEA KINGS UNDER GODDAMN WATER IS EASIER THAN THIS AGHHH"

While I was watching the delivery of the long-awaited child I had a shocked expression on my face and said "I've never heard Mrs.Geina talk like this before" thinking about how she always talks and acts while she's been teaching me these last few months it's the exact opposite of someone who would curse with no reserve.

"YAYAYAYAYA, that's because you've never seen her fight before, whenever she gets really into the battle her mouth goes off like a Gatling gun with profanity". Mr.Gauge said while his hand was being squashed by his wives even though he used haki to reinforce it.

"Almost there the baby is almost out all the way, one more push," The nurse said trying to console and encourage Mrs.Geina.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH" Once she was done screaming it seemed the baby was delivered fully as Mrs.geina started to breathe very fast and deep breaths while looking like she just ran across the red line.

"Congratulations, it's a girl"! The nurse exclaimed. While cleaning off the newborn.

"Why isn't she making any sounds?" Mrs.Geina managed to say between breaths drawing attention to the fact that her child hasn't made any noise even after being born, Mr.Gauge broke free from her hand and was next to the nurse with his face inches from his newborn all in the time it took her to finish the last syllable.

(Emma Pov)

Something has felt different from normal these last few days and if I'm right then it should be about time for me to be born, that or something bad happened outside which I doubt.

'Welp, I might as well make this as easy as possible for my new mom and get in the correct position to be delivered', thinking that I rotated my body until my head was facing in a certain direction. And not even an hour after that I felt light in this dark place for the first time.

'Finally, I can leave and start my life KYAKYAKYAKYA'. Thinking about all of the plans and schemes I've been pondering since I came to this world, I couldn't stop laughing in my mind. Why don't I just laugh out loud you ask? Well, I plan on being mute until my tongue is fully developed. I'm not up for all that baby talk. I'll already have to do it once and that's going to kill the small amount of pride I have as is.

And with that thought in mind, I came into this world and the first thing I hear is cursing.

'Watch your profanity, kyakya just kidding. But with I that can mark off something on my bucket list'. While thinking about nonsensical thoughts again, I heard the same voice that was screaming bloody murder earlier get a question out between her panting.

"Why isn't my baby-making any sound"

'D--'"GYAAAAAAAAA" before I could finish my thought a man's face appeared in front of me like a jump scare from a shitty horror movie making me scream in shock. But once I screamed his face loosened into a wide smile while motioning the equally surprised nurse to hand me to him.

"She's ok she was just quiet, probably not a Cryer," My dad said holding me up to his face while being cradled by both his arms.

'Ok, this is probably my new dad with how he's acting but did he need to be so aggressive after that question my new mom asked?....well I guess that makes sense, normally a newborn would cry or something not be daydreaming about memes from another world, he just wanted to make sure his kid was alive." thinking this I decided not to blame my new dad for scaring me. While I was still lost in thought dad handed me over to mom and then sat next to her and they both stared at me for a minute until I snapped out of my daydreaming and stared up at the both of them, first at my mom whose arms I was currently cradled in and then at my dad who seemed to have a broken hand.

Not knowing what to do in this situation I decided to start part one of my plan for world domination and that was to convince my parents I was different from birth but to do that I have to do something I'll regret.

"Hello Mom, Dad....wait my speech isn't baby talk…..KYAKYAKYAKYA I DON'T HAVE TO PRETEND TO BE MUTE FOR A WHOLE YEAR!" While I was praising the sun for not having to put on such an act I failed to notice the myriad of expressions that everyone in the room had going on.

(Nico Robin POV)

"What the fuck is happening right now" I was so shocked that those words unconsciously slipped out of my mouth, looking at the faces of everyone in the room it seemed the nurse was still in a state of disbelief and probably will be for a little longer, but what I didn't expect was that both Mrs.Geina and Mr.Gauge had different smiles it seemed like a combination of Disbelief and Realisation.

"I knew our child was going to be something out of the ordinary but this was not even close to what I was expecting". Mrs.Geina said while staring at her at the child who was still cradled in her arms

"Yeah, this is something…".Mr. Gauge absentmindedly replied while staring intently at the newborn.

"KYAKYA, I know I'm cute but if you keep staring at me like that I'll blush". The newborn joked and made everyone do a double-take at her and stare in disbelief instead. And then she started to yawn and told everyone.

"I'm hella tired right now, I've been up for like 4 hours I think, times hard to tell in total darkness after the first few minutes, after all, anyway I'll explain everything when I wake up". After saying this she cozied herself further into Mrs.Geinas arms with a content smile plastered on her face and fell asleep.

"Can anyone explain what just happened?" The nurse asked something I would also like to know, albeit she did with a shaky voice as if she was about to cry whereas I just want to know how for curiosity's sake.

(EMMA POV)

After waking up again I was on a ship that my new parents owned Inside their bedroom, I was still being held in my moms' arms when I woke up, and honestly, I was a little surprised she still wanted to hold me after how I formed complete sentences and all right out of the womb, I mean it has to be creepy as fuck from a 3rd person point of view.

But after getting over my initial shock I looked around to see my dad also in the same room but sitting on a chair that was pulled next to Mom and me while she was reclined on the bed and next to him was a girl who looked way too much like a chibi Robin, but there's no way that such a coincidence would happen…..

"But just to make sure" I mumbled, drawing everyone's attention to me, and then I asked the girl.

"Your name isn't Nico Robin By chance is it?". This seemed to shock her as Robin's eyes and mouth flew open into 'O' Shapes.

"Wow, so such coincidences do happen huh, that makes my life a lot easier KYAKYAKYA". I laughed not believing such a coincidence like someone I wanted to gather for my crew happened to already be here.

After I got over my laughing fit I realized everyone in the room was staring at me wide-eyed, not just Robin so I cleared my throat and spoke.

"Sorry let me explain by answering all your questions as a certain entity did to me" after saying this I went on to explain how I, a newborn was able to talk, about how this isn't my first life followed along with how I died and what a Truck-Kun is after thinking about them most probably not having that cliche here. Followed by telling everyone about the true nature of life and death and what happens in terms I could speak in words, after all that feeling is quite indescribable and describable...*sigh existential philosophy is complicated.

I continued with explaining who you meet after you die but I didn't want to speak of any specifics because where's the fun in knowing everything? Might as well leave them with some unanswered questions. Also, some things are better left unsaid, like what if they question me of why I didn't just wish for the world to already have been changed into what I want it to be or why I didn't stop Ohara from being destroyed if I could wish for anything, which I will take some blame for I could have saved my future crew from their past atrocities, but if I were to do that whos to say they'll turn into the same people in the end? The people I will need by my side. Also, I want to adventure without dictating how the world works. That last thing I asked for already feels like it was too much, thinking about what might have already changed or mostly what's to come.

Finally, I told them That I came to this world to change how it functions by liberating everyone from this militaristic and noble supremacist world. And the way I told them I know information about this world is.

"I've seen a version of this world's timeline that starts in a few years. That would have come to be without me in this world, although it does not extend very far into the future only about 2 decades and I don't have complete knowledge of this world, mostly just important information like the identities and abilities of key players of the major forces or those that would be of good help to me. Like Robin over there". I explained and then pointed at Robin.

"For example, you are from Ohara and the only one left alive who can read the poneglyphs that describe the truth of the void century after the world government decided that that knowledge was too dangerous. Thankfully for you though I know where all the poneglyphs are...or will be if not there already." It seemed to shock Robin when I mentioned her past and even more when I mentioned she wanted to discover the truth of the void century still.

I then went on to describe what I knew about the ability haki and its advanced forms along with devil fruits and their awakenings." Regardless of me twisting the information to a degree to help me, the entire situation is already insane in the membrane so everyone just seemed to accept it over time, having Robin here probably really helped convince everyone I was telling the truth because I have no idea who my parents are and couldn't remember information on them as I could her. Although the look on their faces...

"KYA, so that's the face I was making when it was me who was info bombed" I joked and that seemed to snap my mom out of her thoughts as she looked down at me and said with no room for denial in her tone.

"It doesn't matter if everything you said is true or not, I'm going to be pampering you like a baby whether you like it or not, even if you have memories of your past life and goals in this one you're still my child and I'll be damned if my child doesn't allow me to pat their head while they sit in my lap". She continued

"I want to feed you because it would be cute,"

"Also I'm going to be putting your hair in different styles and dressing you up to take pictures," But before she could speak any further I interrupted her.

"You don't have to worry about any of that, I would never stop you from pampering me," I said with a smug smile. And then continued.

"These past few months I've been in this world have been some of the loneliest times I've gone through, I didn't even get to say goodbye to my parents before I died and it has been torturing me on the inside because they always pampered and doted on me like you were talking about doing just now but thinking about it won't help. So honestly hearing that you still want to treat me as your child even though I'm such an anomaly in this world is comforting, and I would be happy to indulge in it." As soon as I finished what I had to say my mother carried me up to her face and nuzzled her head against me for a second then said.

"You haven't got over everything yet have you? It's ok to cry it out. I don't know what's up with you girls but there is nothing wrong with crying when you're sad, it can work as a form of relief".

"What do you mean? I just don't feel-". Before I could finish my sentence I realized tears were streaming down my cheeks and my vision was turning blurry. Thinking about what Mom had just told me I realized why. I thought I was over my past life after I woke up back when I couldn't cry yet. But I wasn't over it at all. I just tried to forget my past life, shove it aside, and convince myself that it was all just ok now that I was in another world, that it was ok to just think of the future. And forget my past life except for my pointless name which doesn't even mean anything.

Getting this far in my thoughts I started to cry even harder, I started to remember all the times that I would accidentally add too much pepper or chili powder to the food and Dad thought it was too hot to eat or the times' Mom and Skutchie would stay up late with me waiting for Dad to get home on the nights he was overworked. For every memory, I had my tears came out more and more violently like I had a waterfall in both eyes until I fell asleep in the arms of the one who helped me realize my naive thoughts of trying to forget everyone I loved instead of accepting and facing what happened to me.

With this, I can go down the path I chose unhindered by my past.

A/N - Did some last-second changes sorry if there are bad grammatical errors.

44