Chapter 19 – Raised a flag
617 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

"Honestly, I even raised a flag yet nothing happened." Grumbling to myself I stared out of the window feeling fully rested. In my view was the rapidly approaching East blue signifying the finish of our trek over the Redline.

"What did you want to happen?" Robin, who at some point started sitting next to Mom and me, sandwiching me on the couch asked so sighing in dejection I answered.

"At Least a rear admiral hopefully vice admiral to coincidentally notice us so that I could test my strength."

"JAJAJA, you don't even have a mask and cloak yet so I wouldn't let you." Looking at Mom it was my turn to ask a question.

"Is it really necessary for all of us to cover ourselves up so much in the future?" Rubbing my hair, Mom nodded before explaining.

"Yes, we already had our picture taken once but thankfully that was dealt with swiftly. It will be more convenient for you all if you were only suspected to be the great pirate, terrorist, revolutionary, I know you will become whenever you dawn the outfit." Smiling, Mom then continued.

"I already have the cloak designs planned out but all of you will of course have the choice of their color and whatever type of mask you want to wear."

"At least I don't have to wear it if I'm just walking around town but it will still be troublesome to always change in and out of it." This time Robin responded to my complaints.

"Just wear a small backpack or something to stuff it in or hide it somewhere when you take it off." Thinking about what she said I started to imagine myself with a knapsack.

'I guess it's not all that bad, I can buy pins and other stuff to decorate it with.' Convincing myself it wasn't that bad of an idea I decided to buy a knapsack at the next island that sells them.

"What makes this swordswoman special?" Snapping me out of my thoughts I debated about whether I should tell Robin the full story behind Kuina or not before deciding it shouldn't be a problem anymore since we're about to be on their island with some time to spare.

"Although she is only eleven right now she is the strongest person in her dojo. It's an understatement to call her a child prodigy with the sword. Sadly though with the philosophy her father is teaching her she believes that because she is a woman then she can't become the strongest swordsman. And because of these ideals, she is holding herself back and slowly allowing others to catch up with her further reinforcing those ideals." Sighing, I then said the part I've been avoiding as to not raise the flag too soon.

"She dies this year and relatively soon at that." The shock was now plastered on Robin's face as she asked.

"How?"

"KYAKYAKYA, would you believe me if I told you she fell down some stairs and that's what took her out?" Not believing me I laughed even harder looking at Robin's face before speaking again.

"That's really how she dies, she falls down some stairs and hits her head the wrong way." After thinking about it for a moment Robin sighed and asked another question.

"How confident are you that she can become the world's strongest swordsman." Pondering on it for a second I then said my not biased predictions.

"100 percent as long as she can get over her current ideal of women. She is beating the future strongest swordsman every day in a duel after all."

"The kid she's currently beating every day would become the world's strongest swordsman if you weren't here?." Shaking my head in denial I answered.

"I don't know for sure but most likely. I mean I really can't see him not becoming the strongest. Without me here that is." Thinking about it for another second Robin reasoned.

"And you want to save and then recruit the person who can even beat the future strongest swordsman." Agreeing to her deduction I added.

"We need to convince her that women can become the strongest in this world as well though. To do that I plan on just challenging everyone in that dojo if I have to, I'm sure seeing a little girl younger than her beat everyone easily will change if not have some impact on her mindset."

"You don't even know how to use a sword." Mom chimed in not helping me.

"Doesn't matter, I know I'm stronger than everyone there so I'll just overpower them in sheer speed and strength. Besides, I know how to cut meat and diced vegetables like Gordon Ramsey on steroids so it will be fine." I tried to reassure them but just got confused looks instead.

"Oh yeah, neither of you know who that is. He's a famous chef from my last life don't worry about it." Looking at each other and nodding before looking back at me Robin first asked.

"Can you tell us more about your old world.?" Joining her Mom also asked.

"I want to know how it all operated, what a world with only one dominant sentient species would be like." Nodding my head In agreement while crossing my arms over my chest I started to placate their curiosity for the rest of the ride towards Shimotsuki island. Whenever we were alone I would tell them about the history of my old world and how modern life was. Thankfully I binged a lot of history videos because I've always found it to be an interesting subject.

It was funny to see Mom find the Roman empire so interesting given our last name Dressrosa is one of her favorite places to visit so it makes sense. That also gives me another reason to not let Doflamingo fuck it up.

Robin however was busy writing every word I said down and it didn't surprise me given how much she loves anything to do with history, even of another world. When I got to the modern age both of them wanted more specific information about global telecommunication and the internet but I'm not nearly smart enough to know any specifics and it disappointed them when I told them that.

After about two weeks of this routine, we finally made it to Shimotsuki island where we docked our ship and finally got the chance to stretch our legs.

'In my past life, I didn't like running but now that I can keep it up for a while without getting tired and at an insane speed it's pretty fun.' Walking up to me Monet asked.

"Are you ready? Robin is already prepared." Nodding to her I was about to follow her to Robin before Law stopped us.

"What are you all going to do?" Monet and I looked at each other for a second before laughing, causing Law to get irritated and Monet to laugh harder. Stopping before Law got mad I explained.

"We used to race each other around Minion island in our training and we all want to do it again but we can't right now because we have to find our swordswoman. Robin had the idea to race to find Shimotsuki village though to make up for it and we agreed since we don't know where it is on this island."

"How don't you know where the village is if you know everything else. And why didn't you ask me for help?" The last question caused Monet to break into laughter again, getting glared at for a second by Law before he looked back at me.

"The world works in mysterious ways to answer your first question and to answer your second, it's because you really wouldn't be able to keep up with us. It's best if you just wait here with Mom, Dad, and Sugar."

"Your parents are staying behind?" Nodding to that question I further explained.

"Mom's Observation Haki can sense us in an area way larger than this island so we don't need to worry about getting lost or hurt when she and Dad are around."

"Are they a part of your crew?" shaking my head this time I told him?

"They have their own thing in life, after I turn 18 we will be separating from them to start our journey and achieve our individual goals." This time Monet asked a question.

"Why when you're 18?"

"That way we will all have enough time to raise our strength to a high level. Also, the world will be changing at a rapid pace 20 years from now and I want to get ahead of the curve. Although we might train for a little longer no more than a year after I turn 18 depending on where we are all at." Sighing Law spoke.

"So you do know the future?"

"KYAKYAKYA, who knows. Come to Monet let's not leave Robin waiting any longer." Dashing away with Monet In tow we headed in Robin's direction. Approaching her she turned to look at us before saying.

"The winner gets to choose the losers' future masks." This caused Both Monet and I to stop in our tracks before staring at each other and back at Robin.

"Are you sure you want to give me that possibility?" Monet asked. Scoffing Robin replied.

"Like you can beat me." Getting agitated, Monet accepted Robin's proposal before they both looked at me.

"I don't care what mask I wear as long as I choose my cloak's color scheme."

"Good then on the count of 3 we go." Seeing the both of us nod Robin started.

"One...Two...Three." As soon as she said three we rushed forward splitting off in separate directions to be the ones to find Shimotsuki village.

(Nico Robin POV)

Watching the two people dash off and completely ignore the village we docked at I couldn't help but shake my head at their actions. "I see why Emma wanted me to join her, I'm the only one who can use their brain."

Entering the village I approached the first person I saw, an old man who was carrying two water buckets on each side of a pole. "Would you like some help?"

Looking at me in surprise the old man asked with a small smile on his face. "Would you be able to carry these to the middle of the village where my house is?"

"That would be no problem." Walking behind the old man I lifted the pole from his back and hoisted it over my head to place it on my shoulders, shocking the old man.

"You're a lot stronger than you look, what brings you to our island?" Starting to follow the old man I explained why I'm here

"The rest of my group and I are looking for Shimotsuki village, we have business there but sadly we don't know where it is." raising his hand to scratch his beard, the old man asked.

"Do you know where you're at right now?"

"No, all we know is we are docked in this village and that it is on the northeast side closest to the red line."

"That's good, if you know how to understand directions then I can guide you on how to get there. you need to head straight southwest until you reach the mountain range. Once you're there you need to cross over it and then follow it north from the other side and Shimotsuki village will be in a valley. You can't miss it."

Taking a mental note of the direction I then spoke."Thank you for telling me that makes things so much easier."

Shaking his head while still scratching his beard, the old man responded. "It just makes us even. You got lucky you didn't run into someone else, I don't know what it is but a lot of people on this island can't seem to understand basic directions."

After the old man said this we walked a little bit further until we reached a moderate-sized wooden house. "You can just set them against the wall."

Doing what he said I sat the buckets on the ground before waving the old man goodbye and heading in the direction he told me. Reaching the base of the mountain range I had an Idea. Creating a giant arm made out of smaller arms I got into the palm before launching myself to the other side of the mountain where I created another giant arm made of arms to catch myself.

'That worked a lot better than I imagined.' Sitting back on my feet I made the arm disappear before following the mountain range north and before long I noticed a valley with a small village in the center of it.

'Helping that old man paid off' Approaching the village I found a green-haired kid around Emma's age on the outskirts lifting a boulder continuously. Stopping his action he looked over at me and asked.

"Do you need directions?" Remembering what the old man said about people and directions I thought it couldn't be that bad. So looking back at the kid I answered.

"Yeah, do you know where Shimotsuki dojo is?" Putting his hands on the back of his head and leaning back the kid then responded in a lazy tone.

"You're lucky I was about to head there me." Turning to walk towards the village I followed him and thought it would only take a few minutes to reach the dojo but after more than half an hour of walking around. I was about to say something but before I could he spoke.

"Here we are." Looking at the dojo there is a tall wooden white wall with black wooden tiles adorning the top of it with a similar style building inside them. Looking around me I noticed the entrance we used was still clearly in sight.

'The old man was right. That is insanely bad directional sense.' While walking side by side with the kid into the dojo because I didn't trust he could find his way inside,  that was the only thing on my mind.

27