Chapter 23 – Rightful owners
633 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Nico Robin POV)

Looking at Emma who was currently asleep next to me while hugging a pillow a smile formed on my lips as I slowly brushed the hair from the front of her face for a better view. 'I owe Monet for her idea of only me and Emma using this room. I wouldn't be able to stare at her like this with the possibility of someone finding me out.'

Stopping my hand I let it softly sit on the side of Emma's head as I inwardly thanked the fact she was a heavy sleeper. 'Although I'm sure Monet has been having the time of her life this past month with the fact I haven't seen Kuina not be some shade of red since she stepped on the ship. She also seems to like making her little sister jealous so it must be like heaven for her.'

Slowly taking my hand back before closing my eyes I decided it was finally time to go to sleep albeit reluctantly. 'This is the last time we'll share a bed for almost a decade.'

Going further down that train of thought I started to think about what I wanted to do to Emma once the time finally comes we sleep in the same bed again. Slowly and with a wide smile on my face, I fell asleep as I was deep in my imagination.

The next morning after everyone had eaten breakfast Gauge started to speak. "Once the ship docks on the island I'll be introducing you each to a specialized training regime that Geina and I have been working on."

Turning to look between Kuina and Law he continued. "I'm sorry but neither Geina nor I am qualified to train specialized subjects like swordsmanship or medical knowledge. The best I will be able to do is spar with you and hurt myself so I can be healed. So we will have to find both of you any resources that may help in those aspects on the island or have them imported."

Then turning to look at Emma he said. "Emma and I will be taking this ship back to its rightful owners as well as picking up an additional member of your crew. We will be back in about two months so I will help you if you have questions about your training then."

After speaking he got up from the table and motioned us to follow him. Coming to the deck of the ship we could see The Conomi islands in the distance. Looking towards them he then spoke again while turning to face us. "Emma, Sugar, and Kuina you three will be swimming from here to the islands"

Monet started to look between Kuina and Sugar while laughing but that soon stopped at Gauge's next words. "Monet you will be creating snow caps and running to the island but you have to make sure they're stable as Robin and Law will be following behind you."

The last half of his sentence though caused both Law and I to stare at him like he was telling us a bad joke. But before either of us could make sure we heard him correctly Geina spoke up while looking at us. "Don't worry, Gauge will be following you all from behind so there isn't any risk of drowning."

This made Gauge stare at Geina in surprise causing her to laugh at him as he asked. "You don't need my "help" on the ship?"

"Don't worry about me, I can steer the ship alone. I'll meet you all on the southwestern side of the Island." After she said that Gauge with a defeated expression on his face gestured for us to start but Law asked a question before we could.

"Emma also ate a devil fruit so how will she be able to swim there?" This made Monet also glare at Emma realizing that she shouldn't be able to be submerged. Turning to look at Law and Monet, Emma with a toothy grin said.

"I told you before that I'm amazing." Immediately following that she dived into the water and started to swim towards the island leaving a gobsmacked Monet and Law to just stand there and stare at her departing figure. Walking up to them I patted both of them on their shoulders and shook my head.

"Don't use common sense with Emma. It just brings pointless confusion." After a few more seconds of them staring at the swimming Emma, Monet, and Law both sighed in resignation before we also started to make our way towards the island running closely behind Monet on the snow caps she would create under her feet while Sugar and Kuina were swimming just as closely beside us, seemingly having a tactical agreement to closely watch Monet ignoring the fact Gauge was following behind us for our safety.

After making it to the island Monet almost collapsed on the beach from exhaustion but a tired Sugar and Kuina both caught her before she could fall. Sugar held her up around the waist and Kuina put one of her arms over her shoulders before they both carried her off to rest below a tree in the shade.

Looking behind me I found Law sitting on the ground while panting for air. "Are you ok?"

Slowly nodding his head Law responded. "Yeah, just more running than I'm used to."

His words made me chuckle as I thought of what was in store for him. Turning away from him I started to look for Emma but couldn't find her anywhere.

"You won't be able to find her on the beach." Walking out of the water while dragging a giant fish behind him Gauge then continued.

"A few days ago she told me there was something she wanted to do in Cocoyasi village before we left to pick up the next person so she probably bolted straight past the beach after stepping on it."

Shaking my head I decided to try and find her since Geina and I wanted to find someone that lives on this island that Emma had told us about anyway.

"Tell her to hurry back when you find her. I want to make the trip we have to make fast." Agreeing to do what Gauge asked, I set off in the direction he told me she was. After walking for a little while I was able to sense a lot of people ahead.

'She must have also sensed all the people and decided to ask for directions since I ranted at her for her actions last time on Kuinas island.' Walking into the town I started to look for Emma before eventually finding her walk out of a store. Looking up at the sign I found it to be a pet shop.

"Oh, Robin, did you also come here to give the animals belly rubs and buy treats to feed them?" Sighing in exasperation I was about to tell her what Gauge asked me to before an idea came to my mind.

"I've never actually done that before, do you mind showing me?" This seemed to get the reaction I wanted as Emma grabbed my hand and with a beaming smile guided me into the pet store where we ended up spending about an hour just laying on the ground and letting the animals crawl all over us while we pet and fed them.

'Damn puppies, I wanted to be closer to Emma but you sucked me in with your cuteness and made me forget my original goal.' Walking out of the pet store after telling the owner I'd be back and getting directions to Cocoyasi village Emma then turned to me and asked.

"How was it? You seemed to like the puppies."

'They were cute, the way they yawned, wanted to teethe on my fingers with their small mouths and how small their paws were. Also-'

"KYAKYAKYA, I thought only history and archeology could make you go that deep in thought. KYAKYAKYAKYA." Snapping me out of my thoughts with her laughter and making me slightly blush at how easily I zoned out thinking about the puppies I glared at Emma who was holding her sides before clearing my throat and changing the subject.

"Anyway, what did you rush into town for?" Looking as if she just remembered that she ran here so fast she banged a closed fist on the palm of her other hand as she exclaimed.

"The pet store sidetracked me but I came here to buy tangerines." Realization crossed my mind for a second before I started to laugh.

"HAHAHAHA" Looking at me in confusion Emma asked.

"What's so funny?" After laughing for a little bit longer I answered her.

"Geina and I, after hearing the story of what's to happen to this island in two years and the current state of our future crew members, decided to find Bell-mére and buy tangerines from her to make it easier on them." My words also caused Emma to laugh before we both set off to find her and buy more tangerines than necessary.

After we made it to Cocoyasi village I was going to ask Emma how she planned on finding Bell-mére without drawing the unneeded attention before she turned to me asking. "I don't want to get back on the ship so fast so why don't we take our time looking for the correct orchard?"

Nodding at her question caused Emma to once again take my hand and start swinging our arms as we walked around the village. Looking down at our hands I had a thought.

'I don't need to tell her what Gauge said, we're out of the range for his Observation Haki anyway.' Enjoying myself as we walked around Cocoyasi It eventually ended when Emma let go of my hand and exclaimed in joy while pointing at some orchards off in the distance that looked the same as all the other ones.

"KYAKYA, Found it!" I was about to ask her how she could know that but focusing on where her finger was pointing I noticed a woman with pink hair and a girl with light blue hair picking tangerines and putting them into a basket.

Dashing away from me and towards the duo, I shook my head while looking at Emma's back before quickly catching up with her so she doesn't do something insane like buying their entire orchard. "Hola amigos, can I purchase some tangerines?"

Jolting in shock before quickly putting the girl who should be Nojiko behind herself, Bell-Mere looked at Emma and me before sighing in relief after staring at us for a second. "Sorry, I was a little surprised that you managed to sneak up on me."

Waving a hand in front of herself Emma replied. "No, it's our fault for just walking up to you."

Smiling at Emma's words Bell-mere then spoke. "You said you wanted to buy some tangerines? How many would you like?"

"The ent-." Putting my hand over Emma's mouth I stopped her before she could finish her words. Glaring at her for a second caused her to lower her head and start mumbling about how unfair I was but I just ignored her as I turned to look at the now confused duo.

"Sorry about her, she doesn't think before she speaks." Looking down at the basket they were using and thinking back to my conversation with Geina I told them.

"Sell us about four of those baskets full of tangerines please." My words didn't seem to fully register with Bell-mére as she asked.

"Four baskets full?" Nodding my head in confirmation I repeated.

"Four baskets full." Saying that I took off a pouch I had hanging around my waist before handing it to her. Before she could speak though, I also pulled out an envelope full of berries that I had in my over shirts inside pocket and handed it to her as well.

Looking at me incredulously Emma asked. "What would you have done if you fell into the sea with that?"

Turning to look back at Emma I scoffed at her but with a smile on my face as I said. "Like you would have let that happen. I saw you kept looking back at me trying to disguise it as backward breaststrokes."

Scratching her cheek sheepishly it was clear that Emma wasn't expecting me to have noticed that as my words caught her off guard enough as to not let her have a comeback to them. Patting her head at this scene I turned back to Bell-mére to find her instructing Nojiko to go get more baskets.

"You don't have to rush, We planned on looking around a little more so we'll be back in a little while. Also, take all the extra berries as a deposit for next time we visit."

"We did?" Ignoring Emma's words and confused face I grabbed her by the hand before walking away while hearing a woman chuckling in the background.

Leaning her shoulder on me while whispering into my ear Emma asked. "What's wrong? Do you need to go to the restroom?"

Flicking her on the forehead at that question caused her to purse her lips at me and rub her head. Chuckling for a second at her I then explained.

"It seems like they just started to pick the tangerines so it will probably take a while to fill four baskets." Understanding showed on Emma's face as she nodded and then added on.

"And we can use this chance to go back to the pet shop and play with the animals more." Not letting me respond Emma tightened her grip making me remember that I was still holding her hand as she dashed away almost making me trip at the sudden action.

'It's not quite what I wanted but I can't complain about going back there.' With this in mind, I let Emma guide me back to the pet shop to which I had to start guiding as she got lost right after we left the Cocoyasi.

24