Chapter 24 – I want your daughter
690 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Vinsmoke Judge POV)

Sitting at the desk of the late king of Cozia while checking up on the work I delegated to Reiju I looked around the office feeling great while thinking about how fast we defeated this nation. "If only this was in the North blue, we could be furthering my goal to once again make Germa its rightful and only rulers."

"I can help you with that dream of yours." My eyes opened in shock at the voice that was behind me since even after hearing it I still can't sense anyone there.

'She's stronger than me but seems to be just a child. I should be able to win due to our difference in experience.' As I was about to jump out of my seat and confront them I found myself pressed against it as if the pressure around me had increased, not letting me move.

"Who are you?" I asked after relaxing my body, quickly realizing that struggling wouldn't help me. After I did the pressure surprisingly disappeared.

"That's better. It doesn't matter who I am, what matters is that I can help your nation control the North blue again." Taking some interest in the offer I kept looking forward as I set down the documents, crossed my arms, and then asked.

"And what would be in it for you?"

"Don't worry, I don't want the secret to the human genome since I do not need your cloning technology." The fact that she knows the secret to the Germa Kingdoms' strength made me want to jump out of my seat and confront her but before I could I once again found myself pressed back down unable to move.

"Come on I know you're smarter than that, I mean you would have to be since you worked with Vegapunk."

'How in the hell does she know so much.' Before I could ask her though she continued.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone about what you're doing. It would be a shame if the world government came and "Destroyed" all of this technology wouldn't it?" Although I didn't want to agree with her, her words are true so I decided to just sit still and listen without trying to attack her again. But the pressure around me didn't vanish this time.

"See? You are smart. Now to answer the question of what I want?" Pausing her words for a second before chuckling she then continued.

"I want your daughter."

"What?" I wasn't expecting her to want Reiju out of everything she could have requested of me so the question just slipped out.

"Don't be so surprised. Your daughter is a genetically enhanced human and even though her brothers are also like that her ability is the most useful for me." Sighing in an exaggerated way she then dropped another bombshell she shouldn't know about.

"At Least Sanji got away from the mutation thanks to the sacrifice of his mother." After getting over my shock I had a thought.

'Let's see how good your information is. No one should know the truth about what happened to him since he wouldn't mention anything and Reiju can't betray me.' Scoffing at her I said.

"Sanji is dead. Someone, as informed as yourself, should know that." In a tone oozing with ridicule, she replied.

"Don't try to lie to me. I know you let him leave during the attack on this kingdom on the condition he never mentions that he's a Vinsmoke."

"That bastard dared to betray me!" If I wasn't still being pressed down by what I now want to assume is an increased amount of gravity I would have slammed my fist on the desk shattering it.

"KYAKYAKYA, don't worry he didn't betray you. If anything he wants to forget about his last name." Knowing I wouldn't get an answer If I asked how she knew so much I breathed in and out slowly to calm myself before asking an important question.

"How do I know that you can help me?" As soon as I said those words I felt a wave of Conqueror's Haki rush over me causing my breath to become heavy and me to almost blackout for a second. After catching my breath I spoke.

"Although surprisingly, someone as young as you has such control over that ability, that alone won't quite help me enough."

"KYAKYAKYAKYA, I suppose you aren't stupid. In that case." Immediately following her words a second and more powerfully concentrated amount of Conqueror's Haki hit me that originated from next to her, not giving me any more time to think as everything turned black.

Opening my eyes I found myself slouched onto the desk. Slowly sitting back up and without giving me any time to properly think I heard a male voice. "Is that enough proof?"

Nodding my head at the words I then spoke to not offend the person behind me. "Yes. I believe you can help me now."

Realizing there wasn't only one but two people with such a rare type of Haki who snuck up behind me and still decided to offer a deal instead of just killing me and taking everything I decided to do the only thing I could do in this situation and accept their offer hoping they're true to their words.

'She only wants Reiju, although she is starting to become a huge help to me. I have been able to do everything myself up until now so I'm not losing anything in this trade especially compared to what I'm being offered.' Thinking on it a little more I decided I would just tell her to secretly report back to me anything she learns about these people.

'This offer isn't bad for me at all I suppose.'

"Let me call her in." As I was about to reach for a den-den mushi to call her I found the den-den mushi being moved away from me by an invisible force.

"Not so fast. You see, once I have Reiju that means I have full control over her. The only thing you will tell her is to follow my orders as if I were you and nothing else. After that, you won't be able to contact her until the time comes for your kingdom to take ownership of the North blue again. I don't want someone under me who can just be ordered to betray me at any moment."

'Damn I was hoping she didn't also know they can't go against my orders. Oh well, I'll just order her to tell me everything that has happened to her once I see her again.' After thinking this I replied.

"Understood. Is there anything else?"

"KYAKYAKYA, I'm glad you asked."

(Vinsmoke Reiju POV)

After receiving a call from my father I resented the fact I was most likely about to be ordered to go and kill someone again but I can't go against him so walking towards his current office I made sure I put back on the emotionless mask everyone believes is my true face before knocking on the door.

"Come in." Opening the door right after hearing his voice and then closing it behind me I turned to my father to see him sitting down like normal but there were two people behind him, both in robes that covered their entire bodies. Though the robes on the smaller person were comically large, clearly belonging to the taller figure.

Looking at me while pointing to the small figure behind him, father then said "Reiju, from now on you will follow her orders as if they were mine."

Not letting me say anything the person he pointed to spoke. "Go and get enough clothes to last a long time and any other daily necessities you are used to using."

Looking at my father I wanted to make sure I could leave but he just glared back at me before motioning me to hurry. Walking out of the office and back to my current room, I was about to start preparing everything before I heard a familiar voice right next to my ear.

"You don't need to pack too much, it's a short voyage to our destination." Jumping in surprise I then quickly got my emotions under control and readopted my emotionless face before looking back to find it was indeed the person who father had told me to take orders from now on.

Raising her hands and taking off her hood I found her to be a girl not much different in age than I and with a wide smile on her face that reminded me of my Moms she spoke. "I know you have your emotions, unlike your brothers. Feel free to express them around me."

Quickly trying to rid the memories of Mom from my head I kept my emotionless expression as I replied. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Sighing while dramatically placing one hand over her eyes and slightly bending over the girl told me. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to do it like this but you leave me no choice. I order you to express your real feelings when around me."

'What if someone finds out that I have my emotions? All this time I've been pretending will have become completely pointless.'

"Calm down, It's ok no one will find out you have your emotions. I made sure to make your Dad think I just wanted you for your abilities." Realizing something was off after her words I slowly raised my hand to find that my usually expressionless face was now showing panic and then morphing into shock before it eventually changed to one of realization and finally acceptance. lowering my head to not let her see my face I asked in a shaking voice I couldn't keep steady no matter how hard I tried.

"Please take back this order before I'm seen by Father or my brothers. I'm begging you." I was about to drop to the ground and beg on my knees but before I could lower myself I found the girl pulling me into a hug as she lowered my head onto her shoulder and started to slowly rub her hand over the back of my head In a stroking motion as she then spoke in a soft voice.

"Don't worry, it's like I said no one will find out. I just wanted to give you that order to show you that I know you do indeed have emotions. I also know that the reason you pretend is to protect yourself from being targeted like Sanji." I didn't know how to feel about my secrets being exposed like this but I found my body-hugging her back as she pulled me tighter into the hug before speaking again.

"I know that you resent your father for what he did to your Mother and Brothers." I shook slightly when she said that, only making her hug me even tighter as she continued.

"It must have been extremely hard on you all this time. Not only did you have to watch your Mother slowly die as well as follow any orders from the one who effectively caused her death. But you also had to watch Sanji be mercilessly beaten up by your other Brothers just because he was deemed a failure, even having to join them once to not raise suspicion about yourself."

I was about to stare at her in shock but the hand on the back of my head wouldn't let me look at her as it continued to stroke me. "The reason I'm telling you all this stuff you already know is that even if you end up hating me for it I want you to somehow vent all of those pent-up feelings that I know you have."

Perhaps because of the order, she gave me I ended up burying my head as deep as I could on her shoulder so that she couldn't see my face as tears started to uncontrollably stream from my eyes, thinking about my time with Mom, and all the stories about Sanji she would tell me while wearing such a happy smile. Or the times she would just hug me like this girl is currently doing while holding me and patting my head while wearing a real smile and showing genuine emotions unlike Father's fake one he shows once we do enough to please him.

My tears only further increased as my hold on the girl also tightened when I thought about everything Sanji had to go through because of Father, and although it's not completely their fault I can't stand the way my Brothers would just beat Sanji while laughing and enjoying themselves at his misery. Finally, I thought about the final time I saw Sanji as Father disowned him and then announced to the world that he was dead, even going so far as to make us attend a fake funeral held for him to make it seem authentic.

After a little while of crying silently on the girl's shoulder, I finally lifted my head to wipe off my tear-stained face but my hand was stopped as she spoke. "Go and dab your face with a cold damp rag so that it won't be so obvious you were just crying."

Nodding my head at her words she let go of me and I made my way to the other side of the room and walked through a door to enter a private restroom. Finding a towel hanging on the wall when I first entered I got it wet with cold water before dabbing my face as she said.

'Thankfully all the rooms in this castle have private restrooms. I wouldn't be able to be seen by anyone like this.' Staring into my reflection and seeing the redness of my eyes I fell into thought thinking about how that girl could know things that I've never told anyone before.

After a little while longer of thinking about it, I eventually gave up with a sigh after finding no way in which she could have found out. Walking out of the restroom I noticed that the other robed figure was also now standing in my room.

Turning to look away from the tall figure and towards me, the girl spoke. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions. Don't worry I'll answer them all the best I can. But I think we should head to the ship before we do that." Nodding at her words I quickly packed a few pairs of clothes and some daily necessities before asking her. "Where is the ship?"

"KYAKYA, about that. You see, we're going to need you to guide us to it. We had your father prepare us a regular ship as we have been using a snail ship we took from y'all a while back in the North blue but that thing is too slow to keep using. Anyway, he said it would be located in Dock 0."

'Father must not want my brothers to know about what's happening if the ship is at my dock and not the one regular ships would normally be located.' Stopping my thoughts on that matter after realizing that It doesn't matter to me I was about to guide them there but before I could the girl spoke again. "Let me repeal that order I gave you."

Suddenly I found my arms Waving frantically in front of me. Knowing what I wanted I asked her. "Can you just change it so that I'll still express my true emotions but only if we're not around my family? I've never really expressed them before so with this order it will be like having a way for me to better understand them."

Smiling widely again the girl nodded her head before ordering me. "Reiju I take back my last order and now order you to truly express your emotions whenever you're not around your family."

At her words, a wide smile appeared on my face as I told her. "Thank you."

Slightly waving her hand and shrugging at me the girl responded. "There's no need for thanks."

Her now seemingly laid-back attitude contrasted in my mind with the kind and gentle actions she showed me earlier causing my smile to grow even wider as I guided the both of them to dock 0.

26