Chapter 26 – Big fan of mine
581 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

Walking off the ship and onto the docks of Cocoyasi village with Dad and Reiju, I found Mom, Robin, and Law standing there waiting for us. Robin seemed to be constantly glancing over at Reiju though.

'Probably just looking at her eyebrows, they are pretty neat, I did the same thing when I first saw her.' Not putting any more thought into it I then found I couldn't sense the other three anywhere near us so I asked.

"Where's everyone else at?" Chuckling for a second, Mom then answered.

"Monet had already made plans with Kuina and Sugar to walk around all the villages on the island and see each one's specialty. I didn't feel like ruining their fun so I didn't go and tell them you were almost back."

Letting out a sigh while shaking my head I said. "Oh well, we got gifts for everyone so it looks like they'll just have to wait to get theirs. It can be a good end to their date thing or whatever Monet is going for."

Joining in the conversation, Law asked. "You got gifts?"

With a smile on my face, I motioned them all inside the ship before leading them towards the storage room. Walking up to a pile of crates I took off the lid of one before motioning Law to come over. "Since we can't help you in the medical field we got you a lot of books that might be able to."

Looking at the stack of crates and then inside the one I opened, Law asked. "Are those all full of books like these?"

Nodding my head I told him. "There are a few rooms on this ship that have bookshelves already so I'd recommend you choose one of those."

He seemed to barely register my words as he nodded shallowly while looking through the crates and mumbling all the books' names but once he opened the last crate he froze in place with his eyes wide open. Smirking to myself I said.

"I figured only getting you medical books wasn't a good gift so we also got you all of the Sora warriors of the sea comics and some other less popular ones. Even if we would be considered villains in most of them they're still a fun read." Looking back at me, Law smiled as he wiped away his eyes and said.

"Thank you, these bring back good memories of my childhood." Leaving law alone to reminisce about his past while he intently read the comics I then turned to look at Mom.

"It would probably be best if Dad gave you your gift in private." After I said that Dad picked Mom up into a princess carry while she laughed and then wrapped her arms around his neck as he dashed away quickly trying to not let us see his beat red face.

'Youth is a wonderful thing.' Taking my eyes away from the door they left through and facing Robin I was about to give her her gift but she asked a question first while pointing at Reiju.

"Aren't you going to introduce the new member?"

"Oh right, most of the crew don't know anything about her." Turning to look at Reiju I pointed at Law and explained.

"He's the doctor of our ship and one of the people who may be able to help you." Her eyes snapped onto Law and with a smirk on her face, she walked up to him and tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention.

Looking up in surprise he was then confused but before he could ask anything Reiju pulled out a pink canister with a 0 on it. Pressing a button on it the canister then wrapped itself around Reijus body forming a suit similar to what her brothers would wear in the future but the suit was pink and instead of a regular cape hers is in the shape of butterfly wings while being purple with yellow and pink "eyes" as decoration.

'I guess she changed her outfit in the future to be more revealing.' Seeing Reiju standing in front of him like that, Law dropped the comic he was reading and shot to his feet as he pointed at Reiju with a gaping mouth.

"That. How? What?" Laughing at his behavior Reiju then winked at him causing Law to stumble backward slightly.

"Critical hit. KYAKYAKYA." Laughing at my joke I looked at the awestruck Law while walking up next to Reiju and resting my arm on her shoulder.

"This is Reiju, our newest crew member, and like you've guessed she is indeed poison pink from the comics you seem to like so much." Still just staring at Reiju while his mouth continually opened and closed caused her to laugh at him some more before speaking in a teasing manner.

"I'm surprised you're such a big fan of mine." After a few more seconds a now slightly blushing Law came back to his senses before coughing into his hand and then introducing himself.

"Sorry about that, My name is Law, I'm this crew's doctor." Laughing at Law some more, Reiju told him.

"Emma already told me that, you were too wrapped up in the comic to realize though." Winking at Law again after her words caused him to blush harder. Deciding to save Law from becoming Reiju's version of Kuina I gave him a lifeline.

"She needs your help. If you're ever able to manipulate the human genome with your ability that is." Looking at me while holding his chin he asked.

"I don't know very much about it right now. Are there any books on it in the crates?"

"KYAKYAKYA, if you didn't have your eyes glued to poison pink in the comics you might have found them already.  Yes, there is, although there won't be quite enough material since Reiju's Father would have probably left out anything too important to have a full understanding of the genome." Seemingly only catching the first half of my words, Law tried to himself.

"What no, I was reading all of it, not just staring at Poison Pink." Reiju turned away from Law at his words slowly looking at the ground and in a depressed voice mumbled.

"No one likes my characters anyway, so that's not very surprising." Quickly raising his arms and waving them in front of himself, Law tried to cheer her up.

"No, no I never said that. Poison Pink is my favorite character. I just like to read the entire thing as closely as when I read her scenes."

'Hook, line and sinker. Sorry Law I tried to help you but it just seems you were meant to fall today.' Now staring back up at Law with joy in her eyes while holding her hands together in front of her chest she got closer to him and with every inch, she did he turned a darker shade of red. I wanted to keep watching what Reiju had planned for Law but I found someone had grabbed my hand and started to pull me away before I could.

"What?" Asking this I looked up from our hands and to Robin who now had a beaming smile on her face for some reason.

"What did you get me?" I was confused at her question and pointed at Reiju implying I still need to introduce them but Robin just shook her head.

"She seems like she's having fun teasing him. Let's leave her be for now."

"Yeah, she does. I tried to save him but he dug himself a hole. But at least now he won't always be by himself I suppose." Laughing a little bit while looking back at Law I then pulled Robin by the hand she was still holding and left the storage room heading for the room next to mine.

Standing outside the door I put one hand over Robin's eyes before guiding her inside. Once we were in front of her new bookshelf I removed my hand and got the reaction I wanted as Robin cheerfully walked towards the books and started to run her finger on the spines of them, all while she had a wide smile on her face.

"The Germa kingdom has been around for a long time so I figured their historical records should be interesting even if it's riddled with propaganda. They also had some archeological books, although not many." Turning away from the bookshelves and to me, Robin in a joyful tone said.

"I love it." Followed by her hugging me. After a little while of us just staying like this I had a thought.

'This is probably the longest hug she's given me...Except for those times, she thought I was already asleep and hugged me while gently rubbing my head. I miss that, it made falling asleep so much easier.' After a few more minutes Robin separated from me as she looked me in the eyes.

"So did you choose my room to be right next to yours?" With a shameless smile, I answered her.

"Yes, so In case you ever want to have a sleepover, it will be easier. I was debating having the rooms conjoined but Dad wouldn't let me sadly." In the latter half of my sentence, I put on a depressing act similar to Reiju's.

"HAHA, that's too bad. I wouldn't have minded that." Her response caught me off guard as I looked at her with my eyes wide open causing her to give me another quick hug before pulling me out of her room and telling me.

"We should go and move all of the stuff from the rental house onto the ship."

"Speaking of the rental, how was it?" Shrugging her shoulder she replied.

"I didn't pay much attention to it, I've spent most of my time on the training regime I was given." Remembering that I started to laugh.

"KYAKYAKYAKYA, I can't wait to see what's in store for me tomorrow. And we even get to test our strength in two years, life will be fun for a while." After I said that Robin patted me on the head before we both went to gather all of the stuff from the other house and move it back to the ship. Once we got off the ship and stepped into town though we saw someone we didn't expect to.

"Robin, oh and Emma, it's been a while since I've seen you, have you been feeling ok?"

"Dad and I left the island for a little while since we had something to do." Answering Nojikos question, I then asked her something myself.

"What are you doing? Isn't it around dinner time?" Shaking her head while sighing she told me.

"I have to find Nami before I can go back home. She went off on her own in the few minutes it took me to go to the restroom." Tilting my head I asked her.

"Have you tried the book store?" Looking at me now in confusion she asked.

"Why do you think she would be at the bookstore?"

"KYAKYA, both Robin and I like reading and probably have since we were around her age if not a little younger." At the side, Robin scoffed at my words.

'Well, I was reading books at two days old after all. Praise the sun for the fact I didn't have to learn a new language.' Nodding to my reasoning Nojiko said.

"Why don't I give it a try, I've tried everywhere else I can think of already." After thanking me we told her we would bring Nami back if we saw her to which she thanked us before leaving to the bookstore.

"Do you think she'll be there?"

"Yeah...Probably. She is going to pick up her interest in drawing maps soon so it's most likely the case." Patting me on the head again while laughing we then left for the rental house and thankfully most everything was inside the living room still inside the storage containers we left them in when taking it all off the snail ship.

"We didn't want to make it too much work for you when you got back so we left as much as we could untouched." Sighing in relief at the fact I only had to float everything back to the ship and not restore it, I began to move everything back to the ship in small increments to not draw more attention than a child "carrying" multiple large boxes normally would.

While I was doing this Robin was the one stuck with taking all of the things they did end up taking out of the boxes and put in their rooms, having to restore it all in the boxes for me to move back to the ship. After a couple of hours and it was nearly dark outside we finally finished and on our way back to the ship after making sure nothing was left in the house we ran into Monet, Kuina, and Sugar.

"Oh, Emma your back," Monet said while being princess carried by Kuina while Sugar wore a defeated expression. Ignoring whatever Monet did for this scene to take place I told them all.

"Monet, there are some "special" books and other things I picked for you that I think you would like. Sugar, there are quite a few different types of grapes along with some books you should find interesting. Kuina, although there weren't many, we got you some sword technique manuals and some books about the life and training of famous swordsmen of the past. All of it's in the storage room on the new ship."

Not waiting for them to say anything, I grabbed Robin's hand and quickly pulled her towards the ship. Once we got there, I continued to lead her until we entered my room. "Now that I got you a gift I'm going to shamelessly ask for one."

Looking at me while raising an eyebrow Robin asked. "What do you want?"

Pulling her towards my bed I said. "Rub my head as you used to when you thought I was asleep. It feels nice."

My words caused her to turn crimson. laughing at Robin I started to think. 'It's been a while since I've seen her like this, I forgot how much I like it. Too bad I'm super tired right now or I would tease her more about it.'

Not letting Robin stand there blankly anymore while she was fuming from the ears I picked her up and placed her under the covers before getting in bed myself. "Good night Robin."

Cozying up to her it felt like I had my space heater as I slowly drifted off, at some point feeling her start to rub my head before everything went dark.

28