Chapter 32 – A long talk
539 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Bell-mére POV)

Laying the now unconscious Nami on the couch before quickly covering her up I then grabbed my gun as I bolted out the door. Running as fast as I could to the village, I quickly made it to the center where I saw Nojiko standing next to two figures. One was a Fishman who I didn't recognize that seemed to be in a daze while the other was a person in a cloak that I remember sewing a few months ago.

'That should be Emma's cloak. What's up with the bunny mask though?' Quickly shaking those thoughts out of my head I rushed up behind Nojiko and pulled her into a hug, making her yelp in surprise as I ignored both her, Emma, and the Fishman who was probably the pirate Nami mentioned for now as I intently checked all over Nojiko's body for any injuries. Sighing in relief when I realized she hasn't hurt anywhere.

"What happened? Where are all the pirates?" Nojiko was about to answer me but Bunny Emma spoke first while pointing her thumb over her shoulder.

"Look behind me." Following where her thumb was pointing I found many dead Fishman, some with holes in their chest where their blood had been pouring from, some with their heads cleanly cut off, or worst of all the pile of bloody goop that you can't even tell what's what by just looking at it.

'What in the hell was able to turn Fishman into a fish paste like that?'

"KYAKYAKYA, you look like you're curious." Snapping me out of my thoughts with her words I was about to say her name but I found that a hand had suddenly started to cover my mouth, not letting me speak. Looking down at it I found the arm the hand belonged to was growing from my own body but it wasn't mine.

'Devil fruit?.'

"Don't say too much." Not giving me any more time to think I suddenly heard a familiar voice behind me before the arm that was coming from me disappeared. I didn't even jump in surprise at the fact that someone could be behind me without me noticing since I had quickly realized who it was.

'That's an interesting ability Robin has.' Thinking about what else she might be able to do while Looking from Emma and back at the pirate's corpses I let out a long sigh before eventually smiling.

"At Least it's all over and no one got hurt." In my words, the Fishman who was standing next to us in a daze the entire time seemed to have come out of his stupor as he yelled at Emma pointing six swords at her while tears came out of his eyes.

"What did you do to everyone? Why did you just kill them all like that without talking first?" The Fishmans words made me and the other three people stare at him like he was an idiot before Emma started to laugh.

"KYAKYAKYA, Arlong was going to kill anyone in this village who couldn't afford his insane price, besides even if I did let him go instead of killing him then he would have just gone to a different village and done the same thing there. The same goes for the rest of your crew." Dropping her happy-go-lucky attitude while the smile on her face disappeared she then adopted a serious tone while continuing.

"There is only one reason we didn't kill you as well. Hatchan" Jumping in surprise the octopus Fishman looked at her still through teary and hate-filled eyes as he asked.

"How do you know my name? We haven't met before." Narrowing her eyes menacingly behind the extremely un-menacing mask made me want to laugh but before I had the chance I felt a powerful wave wash over me.

'Conqueror's Haki?' What th-.' Quickly realizing something I looked down at Nojiko and sighed in relief seeing that she seemingly didn't get hit by the wave and was just looking at the now struggling to hold himself up Fishman pirate in confusion.

'Did she target me on purpose with a weaker hit than him? What kind of insane control of Haki does Emma have?' Looking up from Nojiko and to Emma, I wanted to ask her what that was about but before I could she looked down on the now terrified Fishman and spoke again.

"Go tell Jinbe everything that happened here, don't leave out any details. Oh, and your ship is now mine." The Fishman was about to say something but before he could Emma made a flicking motion with her fingers and he was sent flying off the island.

'What does she want with the newest warlord? Also, it seems that she also has a devil fruit ability. I knew their group was strong but this is far out of my expectations. Looking back up at where the pirates lay I found the other people I was expecting to see all grouped up seemingly talking to each other, but it seemed Emma's parents were nowhere to be found.

'She is pregnant after all, probably not the best idea to walk into conflict in that condition. Still, I wonder what I missed, I'll have to get the whole story from Nojiko later.' Sighing once again I then heard Emma's voice now directed at me.

"We'll talk later." After she said that she and Robin disappeared from where they stood and reappeared a distance away, where the other cloaked figures stood before they all then disappeared.

'That was Rokushiki. Do they have some sort of connection to the marines?' Deciding that it didn't matter since I would know soon anyway I was about to take Nojiko home before someone came running up to us.

"Are you two alright?" Looking at the extremely concerned Genzo I smiled as I reassured him.

"We're both fine. It seems those cloaked figures were hunting down the pirate crew that showed up, we got lucky." First sighing in relief at my words he then looked at me curiously.

"Did they say anything else? They didn't even take the corpses so that they could get a reward for their possible bounties before leaving as abruptly as they showed up." Shaking my head in denial, I replied.

"No, that's all they told me before they left." Scratching his chin while looking like he was deep in thought I had to cut his thinking short.

"Sorry but Nami is terrified that something might have happened to Nojiko. We have to hurry back to reassure her that everything's ok." Snapping out of his current state, Genzo then smiled.

"That's for the best. If she rushed here and saw this scene it might scar her mentally." Turning his head to look back at the village he sighed before continuing.

"At Least we got out unharmed but this mess is going to be horrid to clean." Laughing at his misery I quickly picked up and carried Nojiko back home while ignoring her protest to being treated like a child as well as ignoring the menacing glare Genzo was now sending me.

(Emma POV)

Once we made it back to the ship we all went back to our rooms and changed out of the cloaks and masks before meeting again in the saloon where Mom and Dad were already waiting for us as Dad was giving Mom a shoulder massage.

"It seems like things didn't go to plan." I wanted to ignore my screw-up in forgetting about the whole 50,000 and 100,000 berri things but Robin didn't allow me to as she nodded to Mom's deduction and then in a cold voice that left no room for negotiation and while looking me in the eyes said.

"Emma and I will be having a very long talk later so that something like this doesn't happen again." Recoiling slightly under Robin's gaze I resigned myself to my fate as I could hear a certain green-haired girl's laughter.

"I'm sure it won't if you have anything to say about it." Wanting to quickly get out of this conversation I interjected.

"I need to go and talk with Bell-mére, I'll be back later." Just as I turned around and tried to quickly walk out of the room I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me shudder slightly. Looking back I found Robin wearing a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes staring at me.

"I'll be going with you, I'm sure it will be a long talk so we can start on the way to her house." Sighing in defeat I nodded my head before continuing to leave the ship with a "smiling" Robin following closely behind me.

Once we were off the ship and were alone though Robin quickly dropped that smile like a real one riddled with concern appeared. Pulling me in for a tight hug and completely catching me off guard Robin then slightly loosened her hold so that she could look at me in my confused eyes.

"I like the attention and would love for you to continue hugging me so intimately but I'm kinda confused as to what you're doing." Looking down Robin saw just how tightly she was connecting our bodies before blushing intensely but she still didn't let go and instead the gaze she had towards me only intensified.

"Are you ok? After having to do that." It took me a minute until I understood what Robin was asking me about and once I did I buried my face into her neck as I also started to tightly hold Robin around the waist

Pretending to start to cry I was about to put on an Oscar award-winning act so that Robin would dote on me even more but that quickly stopped as she bonked me on the head and started to laugh. Looking up at her now with some real tears in my eyes at the sudden surprise attack she only laughed even harder.

"HAHAHAHAHA, you deserve it for trying to act at a time like that." Turning my head away from her I murmured just loud enough for her to hear me.

"Only because I want you to dote on me more like this." My words got the result I wanted as Robin turned even redder than she already was making me laugh before I hugged her tighter.

"Thank you for worrying about me so much. It means a lot to me. Don't worry too much though because I'm perfectly fine right now. Unlike last time I had a long time to prepare myself for what I had to do today even if my plans didn't go like how I imagined them to."

I was about to let go of Robin but before I could she also tightened her grip around me as she put her mouth right next to my ear. "We're still going to have a long talk later."

Cursing to myself that she still wanted to have that long conversation and would probably be drilling me for every detail of my plans for the future, her next words that I could tell she was struggling to say though completely changed my mind. "The conversation will last a long time so it would probably be best if I were to sleep in your room for the next few days."

"Does this mean we're going to play out what a hungry wolf would do to a trapped bunny?" Although I couldn't see her face I could feel her body turn even hotter than it already was at my question.

"I...I…If y..y...y..you w...want to do t..the-" Separating myself from Robin just enough to be able to cover her mouth with one of my fingers I couldn't contain the smile that was threatening to stretch over my entire face while I looked at the extremely dark red Robin who's eyes looked to be swimming.

"I was just kidding. Don't get me wrong, I want to play that game with you in the future but not now."

"How long do I have to wait?" Her blunt question didn't only shock me but also seemed to shock her as she quickly let go of me and put her hands over her mouth looking as if she was going to cry out of embarrassment at any moment.

Patting her head while chuckling at her I quickly pulled Robin back in for a hug so that I couldn't see her face hoping that would let her regain her composure. After a few minutes, I finally answered her question. "Not until we set out on our journey, I know once we start I'll end up like Mom not wanting to leave the room to keep going at it and I can't have that happening before I'm strong enough to achieve what I want to in life."

After a few more minutes Robin finally separated herself from me, looking me in the eyes before blushing furiously again and slowly exhaling as she seemingly steeled herself. "I'm not going to let you rest once we set sail. I'm going to show you the reason I chose those masks for us, so be prepared."

Again finding the smile on my face to be unable to control I once again pulled Robin close to me by the waist, catching her off guard as I whispered into her ear. "I can hardly wait to be unable to walk."

After finishing my words I licked her ear a little bit before quickly letting go of her and dashing away towards Bell-mére's house without looking back to see her reaction.

28