Chapter 37 – Do you remember
632 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Emma POV)

“Are you asking that question?” 

Looking Bell-mere dead in the eyes I responded without blinking. “Yes, it determines if I become a criminal here or not.”

Curving her lips into a slight smile she asked. “And why would you become a criminal?”

Without batting an eye I answered. “Kidnapping.” 

After a few more seconds of staring at each other, she eventually broke out into laughter while banging her palm on the kitchen table. Eventually, she caught her breath and then spoke. “Don’t worry. I was just opposed to it at first because I didn't know if they would be safe or not. Honestly, after Nami got her ability a lot of that worry disappeared and after watching both of their strengths rise to such levels even I was never capable of, it's mostly vanished.”

“Mostly?” 

Nodding her head at me while smiling and staring at the kitchen entrance she said. “I'll still be worried about my daughters when I can't see them, no matter how strong they become.”

“We're ready. You're seeing us off right?” Nami asked as she walked through the entrance while holding a few bags.

Bell-mere stood up from her seat and walked over to Nami, pulling her into a hug. “Of course I am, what kind of question is that?”

The bags dropped as Nami hugged Bell-mere back. Before they could hit the ground, I used my ability to float them in place.

A few seconds later, Nojiko came up behind Nami and cleared her throat. “We can do this at the dock when we leave.”

Separating from each other, they stared each other in the eyes before nodding and pouncing on Nojiko, hugging her from one side. I laughed at their actions as I walked past them. “I’ll see you at the docks.”

When I arrived at the docks I saw everyone lined up in front of the ship we had been working on these past few days. The figurehead of the ship caught my attention. 'It looks so lifelike. Dad and Sugar sure worked hard on making it.’

Smiling widely I spoke only loud enough for myself to hear. “I can't wait to make those into real gold.”

Walking up to everyone else I noticed Genzo also waiting at the docks. Approaching me he asked nervously. “Where are they? Is she not letting them leave after all?”

“KYAKYAKYA! Don't worry. They’ll be here soon so you will be able to see them before we leave.” 

Sighing in relief Genzo then stared me in the eyes and declared. “I don’t know how you convinced her to let Nojiko and Nami go with you but neither of them must ever get hurt or I will track you down.”

“KYAKYAKYAKYAKYA! Please trust me when I say the thing I want the least is for anyone on my ship to get hurt either physically or mentally. I did get the best doctor possible to join us after all.” After answering him I stared him in the eyes much as I did to Nojiko earlier.

A few seconds passed and he eventually nodded his head. “I trust you. I hope I'm not mistaken.” 

Walking back to the entrance of the dock after saying this he then went back to passing back and forth nervously while staring in the direction of Bell-mere’s house. Shaking my head while looking at him, I turned to find Rune next to the ship staring right at me.

Arriving in front of him I was about to hug him but he was faster. Jumping towards me caused me to catch him in my arms and as soon as I did he wrapped both of his arms tightly around me. 

Burying his face on my shoulder I started to hear him cry while my shirt got wet. Patting him on the head I then used my ability to keep him afloat while I hugged him with both of my arms. We stayed like this for a few minutes before he eventually raised his head and let go of me to wipe his eyes. Through a raspy voice, he asked. “When can I see you again?”

Letting go of one of my arms around him I booped him on the nose and laughed at his surprise before reassuring him. “I don't know exactly when but I won't make you wait long before you can see your amazing Big Sister again.”

Pulling him back into a tight hug before he could respond I continued. “I want to meet again soon but I'll be super busy for a while. As soon as I'm free I’ll take Robin with me and we'll visit you. Who knows you might have found someone you like by then.”

Ignoring my teasing, Rune hugged me back for a few more minutes before he asked to be put down. Floating him back onto the ground he hugged me once more but it only lasted a second before he let go and went to stand next to Mom and Dad to which Dad picked him up and put him on his shoulders.

Walking up to them myself I first Hugged Mom before Hugging Dad and then pulled them both into one. “Thank you for everything you've done for me. I couldn't have asked for better parents.”

Squeezing me back, Mom said. “And I couldn't have asked for a better Daughter.”

Also tightly hugging me, Dad added. “I know you'll achieve your dream. I can't wait to read the news of you and your crew shocking the world.”

Staying like this for a little longer we eventually separated from each other before I turned to look at the ship. “How about when we do meet again we do it in Dressrosa?”

Clapping at my idea Mom exclaimed. “This is why I say I couldn't ask for a better Daughter. I would love to show you around the island, no I have to.”

“KYAKYAKYAKYA! I'll make sure to call you when the time comes. I can't wait, you always talk so highly of it.” Giving the three of them one more quick hug I then jumped onto the ship followed by everyone else.

Turning around once I landed on the deck I saw everyone gathered around in a circle. “The both of you are done already?” 

Nodding at me, Nojiko answered. “Yeah. Mom said to tell you to thank you for everything.”

Smiling at her I nodded back and then I heard Monet ask a question. “What will our first destination be?

Turning to Reiju I said. “We'll be visiting Reiju’s little brother at the restaurant he works at.”

(Vinsmoke Reiju POV) 

Hearing Emma’s words my mind went blank for a second but I quickly recovered before appearing in front of her, holding her by both of the shoulders as I stared at her in the eyes “Do you mean it?”

Smiling at me she said. “Do you remember what I told you when we first met?”

Thinking back to our conversation I recalled her words to me from back then as I said them aloud. “You know where Sanji is and we can and will go see him before we start our journey." 

After finishing the sentence I had to wipe my eyes because of my increasingly blurry vision. "Thank y-" 

Before I could finish I found Emma holding her finger up to my lips while grinning. "Don't say that word between us."

Looking away from me and to everyone one else Emma then continued. "The same goes for the rest of you, there's no need for it between any of us since we're family...some literally in the future." 

Glancing at Law when I heard the last half of her words I smiled when our glances met each other and then I mouthed my words. "Get ready."

Turning slightly red, Law quickly looked away. 'He's too cute, I'm going to enjoy eating him up later.'

Licking my lips I had forgotten Emma's finger was there and ended up licking it as well. Looking back at me curiously Emma was about to ask me what that was about but before she could I pointed at Law.

Turning to look at Law while pulling back her hand she then laughed a little and then asked me while smiling. "Will I be invited to the wedding?"

Smiling back at her I replied. "Only if I'm invited to yours." 

Nodding to me she said, "I can't wait then." Turning her head to look at Robin I also followed her gaze and found she was seemingly lost in thought while staring at Emma and mumbling about her wearing a wedding dress. 'Damn, that idea hit her pretty hard.' 

"I'll let her stay like that for a while." Licking her lips Emma then continued while looking Robin up and down.

"It will hopefully make the "revenge" she has planned for later more intense when she snaps out of it and realizes she's talking out loud." 

Looking away from Robin while cackling into her hand Emma turned to Nami and asked. "Do you know how to get to the Baratie?"

Putting her hand on her chin Nami seemed to think about it for a second before she sat down one of her bags and dug through it eventually pulling out a map. "If I'm not mistaken that's the floating restaurant."

Opening the map Nami then pointed at a spot on it that showed a fish-faced ship as she asked Emma a question. "Is that what you mean?"

Nodding and humming in confirmation to Nami she then asked another question. "How long will it take to get there?" 

This question made my ears perk up as my gaze towards Nami intensified in anticipation of her answer.

Noticing my gaze Nami smiled at me before saying. "We should be there in two weeks."

Tightening my fist after hearing that in only two weeks I'll be able to see Sanji again I quickly wiped away at the corner of my eyes. Suddenly I found Law had put his arm around my shoulder and before I could push myself against him he had pulled me into a hug while rubbing the back of my head. 

'He's too cute.' Tightly hugging him back while rubbing my face against his chest I decided to let him do whatever he wants to do to me tonight.

"I'm going to go make something to eat. I'll make sure there's not a lot of bread so Law can't use an excuse like being out of energy later." 

Smiling to myself after hearing Emma's words I pressed myself harder against Law so that I could feel the heating up of his body. 'His face must be crimson red right now. I can't wait for him to turn my body that shade."

During the meal, Emma kept suggesting that we all start to drink pineapple juice and after hearing her reasoning for it I forced Law to down a few glasses regardless of what she said was true or not. 'It would be nice if it's not as bitter but it's not like I mind.'

Pouring me a glass himself caused me to smile as I thought about what that implied. 'He's also so thoughtful in bed.'

Suddenly snapping me out of my thoughts I heard and the table being slammed. Looking in that direction I found Robin standing up while both on her palms lay flat on the table.

Sitting quietly next to Robin Emma smiled while sitting down her fork. "I guess it's time."

Before Robin could say anything Emma stood up and grabbed her, picking her up into a princess carry and then speaking. "Let's go see the revenge you have planned”

Without waiting for Robin’s reply Emma dashed out of the kitchen.

“Looks like the ship will be filled with loud voices here in a minute.” Without elaborating any further I also stood up and then pulled Law towards our room.

(A/N - First R-18 scene next chapter.)

26