Chapter 48 – The Opposite
318 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Nefertari Vivi POV)

“SHUSHUSHU, finally! It’s done!” 

‘I haven’t heard that person use so much emotion in their voice before, what could they have possibly finished?’ After I thought about it for a moment longer I picked myself up off the ground, my actions causing Karoo who was acting as my backrest to quack. 

“It’s ok, I’ll be right back.” As I began to walk towards where the exclamation of joy came from I heard Karoo begin to waddle closely behind me to which I then felt my lips rise.

Before I made it inside the ship though something white began to fall from the sky. ‘Is this snow?’

From inside the ship, the person who wore a Honeybee mask suddenly appeared at the entrance. “You both should head inside, it will only begin to get colder.”

Following their words, they walked past Karoo and me then toward the wheel of the ship where they began to alter our course.

‘I’ve never seen a navigator act so nonchalant about steering a ship.’ The more I pondered about the way they seemed to steer the ship the more interested I became.

‘The most they do is occasionally alter the direction the ship is going before they ignore the wheel for the next few days; even the royal ship captains have to spend time calculating what the weather may be like, and even then they’re occasionally wrong.’

“Quack. Quack. Quack.” 

“Ok I get it, let’s go inside.” After I opened the door Karoo took the lead in going in first, his beak pointed at every part of the walls, floor, and ceiling as if he expected something to appear from them.

“Your acting like it’s our first time inside.”

“Quack.”

“Ok, I won’t interrupt you.” Not long after we entered we came across the person who initially talked to me and the one I was on the search for.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking but I’m curious why you were so happy earlier?” My question seemed to catch them off guard for a second before a wide smile spread across their lips at the same time they knocked on the walls.

“I finally soundproofed all of the rooms on this ship, you’ll learn eventually but her name isn’t bunny for nothing and it can get quite annoying.”

I was about to ask what that meant but before I could the other person on the ship, the one who wears a tangerine-shaped mask came out of one of the rooms with a basket in hand.

“H-here you go. Good work on the ship.” Just as suddenly as they handed the basket they held to the fox masked person they went back to their room.

‘What was that about?’ While I stared at the closed door I heard some quiet laughter to my side.

“Valiant grapes? I got lucky, these are my favorite. I’ll have to thank her when she doesn’t seem so busy.” Without any further delay, they began to eat the grapes by the handful as they walked towards the door that left to the outside; Before they left though they turned to face me.

“The room you chose is also now soundproofed by the way, sorry for just breaking in but it’s not like you have anything in there anyway.”

‘It’s not like I was expecting complete privacy to be given by my abductors’ I didn’t let my thoughts show on my face as I plastered on a fake smile.

“That’s ok.”

As they continued to eat their grapes the person nodded before they left to the outside. Seeing that they were gone I sighed before Karoo began to walk towards our room with me close behind.

The next day after we had all eaten breakfast the Honeybee masked person said something that stopped me in my tracks before I could walk out of the Saloon.

 “We will be arriving at Sakura Kingdom later today.”

I couldn’t think of any Kingdom with that name so I asked her. “Sakura Kingdom?”

“Oh right, you wouldn’t have had the chance to hear about it yet, it is located on Drum Island and was previously known as the Drum Kingdom.”

Instantly I recalled what had happened to me at the reverie Father had taken me to attend a few years ago. “You all don’t work for King Wapol do you?”

This question seemed to make the air stiff for a second before all three of them began to laugh in unison completely betraying the atmosphere.

‘What’s so funny?’ As my gaze altered between the three of them the first one to regain their composure was the one who wore a fox mask.

“Quite the opposite, we plan on killing him. Hence the reason it’s known as the former Drum Kingdom.”

I could feel my eyes shoot open after she declared they planned on killing him so openly, effectively stating their opposition to the world government. ‘Wait, they already called it the Sakura Kingdom does that mean?’ 

“Did you not kill him already? You have already changed the name of the Kingdom.”

“No, Wapol had already fled the island by the time we arrived, a pirate had attacked his Kingdom a few years ago and forced him to flee, before that however he had taken all of the doctors on the island and forced them to serve only him so he should show up again as healthy as ever to try and reclaim ‘his Kingdom’ and when he does is when we get rid of him.”

“He forced the doctors on the island to only operate on him?”

This time the one with a Honeybee mask responded. “I suppose he would also have had them operate on those directly under himself if needed but yeah, pretty much. Only two doctors managed to escape being caught by him.”

“And he just left the people of his Kingdom to the likes of the pirates?”

“Correct, a pirate named Blackbeard a few years ago. Although we never really asked Dalton what he did to the island we know it was enough to force Wapol to run away to protect his own life. Thankfully, though, it doesn’t seem like Blackbeard terrorized the people.”

‘I knew King Wapol wasn’t a good person after how he acted but I at least hoped he wasn’t so cruel as to abandon his own people.’ Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand.

“I understand if your mad but don’t hurt yourself.”

 As that was said to me I could start to feel a prickling sensation on the palm of my hands. Looking down at them I found some blood dripping to the floor. Quickly I looked up at the three people. “I’m sorry, I just got a little mad. I’ll clean this up right away.”

I was about to grab a rag off the table but before I could my wrist was grabbed. Confused I looked at the one in a tangerine mask who stopped me.

“Go clean yourself off. There are some medical supplies in the bathroom that can help with your hands as well.” 

“What about the-”

“Don’t worry about it. After you are done cleaning yourself off we should have the outfit you’ll need to wear ready.”

“I can’t wear this?”

“Do you want to freeze to death? Those clothes you borrowed from Honeybee are made for tropical weather, not a frigid climate. You’ll be wearing the same thing we are, just without a mask.”

(Monet POV)

Suddenly, just as I was about to top Kuina I felt someone arrive on the outskirts of the island.

“What’s wrong, why did you stop?” Underneath me, Kuina wore confusion clear on her face as she played with her breast. 

‘Dammit, why couldn’t you all have shown up like five minutes sooner or tomorrow afternoon.’

“They finally returned, I have to go guide them here so they don’t get lost in all the snow like when they left.”

“Oh...well I guess forcing us to wait like this can also be counted as a type o-”

Before she could finish I had already tied her tongue together with mine at the same time my fingers became active. After a few seconds, I completely separated from her and got off the bed.

“Now we’re both a lot more on edge, I’ll be as fast as I can.” I could hear Kuina’s quiet moans behind me as I made my way out the door, without needing to turn around I knew that she had taken up where I left off.

‘What happened to both of us waiting? Oh well, looks like I’ll just need to be less intense as a punishment when I come back.’ While I thought of what to do and what not to do to Kuina later I made my way to the kitchen where I found Emma.

“Oh? What happened? Didn’t you want to try that toy you were telling me about?”

“I did and I was about to put it on but before I could I noticed that Sugar and the rest have returned. Honestly, the timing couldn’t be worse.”

“Sorry, I forgot to tell you that Nami called yesterday and told me they’d be here soon, their timing truly is bad. If only they could have been a little sooner, at least all I’ve done is cut some vegetables so I can stop where I’m at, you must be in agony, however.”

Ignoring the thought of what Kuina was doing to herself right now I changed the subject. “Is Robin going to come with us to retrieve them?”

“No, she’s still busy reading every book in the library. She found something she has been looking for so she’s become more intense in it. We haven’t even slept together for a few nights since she’s pretty much locked herself in the library.” 

I could understand how Emma felt so pat her on the back to console her. “The waiting isn’t so bad either, it has its own type of feeling.”

After she nodded to my words both began to make our way to where the ship is, the entire way there as I guided her Emma swung her legs back and forth as she sat on that board she had decorated to tease Robin with.

‘I kinda miss watching the shows Gauge would perform with that thing, all of the times he fell off that quarter pipe were pretty funny.’ As I reminisced on those memories Emma lowered us onto the deck of the ship where three familiar and one unfamiliar robed figure who had a giant duck next to them stood.

“You must be Vivi, I’m sorry for this being the way we meet each other.” As she said this Emma stuck out one of her hands to shake Vivi’s

“I didn’t think I would get to meet the bunny I was told about so soon after arriving.” Formally, completely unlike someone who was kidnapped Vivi responded while shaking Emma’s hand.

“Let's hurry back shall we, I was just preparing lunch.” Just as Emma had said that everyone began to float into the air, both Vivi and the duck were clearly confused as it wouldn’t stop quacking and Vivi flailed her arms.

“KYAKYAKYA, don’t worry, I don’t plan on dropping either of you.”

Although Vivi began to calm down the duck didn’t slow down but instead began to quack faster the higher in the air we got.

‘At Least this bird will let Kuina know when we've returned.’ Tuning out everything around me I began to think about what I had planned for Kuina while I occasionally corrected Emma on the direction she floated us towards.

(A/N - Something came up again and prevented me from writing, this time I should be able to release one chapter a day. I’ll try and release a few more chapters to make up for the days I missed.)

14