Episode 21 – First Encounter
100 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He sees the inventory tab and opens it. 12 boxes can be seen with a dark brown background. Every single time he looks at one, next to it, it says “Empty.” 

He takes a sword that he also bought from the weaponry store. He looks at the sword momentarily while spinning it around. He places it within his inventory and it takes up 4 spaces for some reason. He thinks “What? Well okay then.” He takes the silver and places it in his inventory. 

He then asks the system a question. “What do I do with it now?” The system replies “Pick up the silver material and drop it in the sword’s area.” He does so and a notification pops up. [SWORD + SILVER = SILVER BLADED SWORD. 100XP / 3 XP Points. FUSION?] He nods and talks with his inner monologue. “Yes.” The system then accepts his order and the two materials fuse. He pays with the 3 XP Points that he has. He takes the blade from his inventory and holds it in front of his face. He says “Whoa.” 

He swings it around but a notification pops up to cut off his moment of awe.

[STRENGTH, CONSTITUTION -10%]

He reacts to this notification by being bummed out almost but just lets it go.

After doing this, he gets a new art randomly.

[Passive Art: Stat Reader. Reads the stats of a wanted opponent.] 

Tanji is surprised by the art. “Others have stats too? Is this normal? No it can’t I was literally hit by a light beam. This is so handy! I can literally read people’s stats now!”

The next night, he stays under his window. His fan blows in the corner of his hot room. His computer is currently on from watching tons of videos. The moonlight dives down to the Earth and flows through his window to his body. His Akakaen Breathing Method makes his progress even faster. He gets much stronger just doing this. 

The silence from the outside quickly forms into the sound within his room. A hysterical roar can be heard from across the street. Tanji opens one eye and breaks cultivation. His qi blasts outward and his hair stops flowing. He stands and wears his black vigilante suit. He pulls up his mask above his face and sheathes his silver blade. He opens his window then uses his newly grown claws to give him enhanced grip. He leaps to the other building in front of him and lands on the wall like Spiderman. Then he swings onto the dirty alley floor. He rolls to soften the fall before he runs out into the open.

[ACTIVATED ART: Nyx’s Guidance]

Tanji nods and says “I need that.”

He rushes across the street by running on all fours. He follows by using Quadruped Sprint. The wind hitting his body causes a small whooshing sound trailing behind him. He arrives at the scene and sees a massive, 9 ft tall Werewolf. His claws are as long as fingers. He is covered in midnight black fur and waggles his shaggy tail. He grabs a woman and she says “Please let me go!” Her eyes glow golden and she kicks his body. He doesn’t even move from the kick. She flails for her life before she is slammed into the wall. The werewolf scratches down the wall before putting the hand down to his furred waist.

Tanji arrives at the scene and his eyes glow golden just like the other two werewolves there. However, the werewolf’s eyes glow way brighter. The werewolf growls at Tanji and feeds him with overwhelming fear. Tanji checks his stat right there and then.

- Werewolf (Unidentifiable Name)

  • Strength: 108
  • Speed: 72
  • Defence: 83
  • Constitution: 62
  • Control: 9%
  • Intelligence: 5 (-3)
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)

He is completely flabbergasted and says “How?! He’s so strong!!”

He snarls lowly and blood drips down his long and dirty claws. Tanji puts up his dukes and makes a basic boxing stance. His legs tremble but he puts his fear behind him. There’s no going back now. He releases his arms and runs towards the werewolf at great speed. However, this speed no where near matches the werewolf. He runs forward and punches Tanji in his gut so hard he ruptures one of Tanji’s organs. He is propelled into a coarse, brick wall before ricocheting off of it into the open street. He grasps his stomach in agony and shakily steps up to both legs.

His qi does wonders for him and gets to work on his injury. The hole is quickly sealed and the pain dwindles second by second. His adrenaline is also doing wonders for him. He uses Quadruped Sprint then leaps towards the werewolf. However, he doesn’t land a hit. He leaps off of a brick wall to the side to gain speed and he lands his first punch on the werewolf’s snout. It’s head falls to the side from the hit but the werewolf grabs Tanji while he’s airborne. He then hurls him into the brick wall. It cracks and he spits blood onto the floor. He looks up and uses Dire Leap to leap up to his snout. He lands a kick to the bottom of his snout before leaping to the higher part of the brick wall. He hangs on a window and says to himself “Phew. Out of trouble.”

The werewolf doesn’t seem bothered by the fact he is up the wall at all. He roars at him and then runs up the wall with ease. Tanji says “Oh god!” He leaps off of a wall and trickles right past the werewolf. He dives down and just makes himself past a hefty punch. He lands on the ground below and the werewolf drops down. Tanji uses Qi Rush to dodge the incoming attack by leaping forwards as far as he can. He front rolls and turns back to hear the most vehement slam he’s ever heard in his life. The ground cracks under the force and Tanji really did dodge a bullet with his Qi Rush.

The werewolf turns and gazes at Tanji while devilishly snarling. He blurs towards him and pulls back his clawed hand. He slashes at Tanji but it is dodged. Only one claw manages to dig into Tanji’s weak flesh. The werewolf slides while spinning back to lock eyes with Tanji. Tanji clenches his fists and prepares himself for momentary pain. Qi flushes throughout his cells and bloodstream. He roars and his aura blasts. He looks at his body and thinks “I shouldn’t be this strong. Probably the moonlight and Nyx’s thingy.” 

2