Episode 28 – First Spar
49 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanji continues his training and his stats improve even more. After a short but busy week, he completes his martial arts training. Tanji has been doing this but isolating his power. There has been little need to strengthen the power he has recently possessed. 

Tanji sits down after a prolonged fitness session and a guy next to him says “You did good today, kid. Getting stronger.” Tanji shakes his outreached hand and says “Thank you.. Phil.” Tanji used his quick-thinking to use his Stat Reader and find out his name. The guy has a towel across his muscular traps and has a very muscular body. He looks in his early 40’s and has a very lean and muscular physique. He is bold with a grey and light brown beard. 

The master says “You’ve been here a while. The group are taking a liking to you. I think you should begin sparring. This will be the most treacherous and require a lot of willpower. Do you still wish to continue?” He nods and says “Yes.” He nods and says “Alright. You’re facing him. Older brother of Lucas Rodther. Heir to a position within the Rodther High Court, Bor Rodther!” 

Bor Rodther is a 6’3, 205lbs muscular guy. He has long blonde hair and light blue eyes. Tanji nods and thinks “This guy seems strong!” He steps into the ring and reads his stats:

Bor Rodther

  • Strength: 41
  • Speed: 47
  • Defence: 42
  • Constitution: 35
  • Control: 71%
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Species: Werewolf

[SUDDEN QUEST: Bor Rodther. Beat Bor in a fight.]

[QUEST REWARDS: 1100XP, 1 New Art, 1 New Art Upgrade]

Bor jumps within the crystal white ring and starts stretching. Tanji exhales slowly then floods his body with his qi. He smiles and says “Think you can beat me?” Tanji nods and says “Of course!” He chuckles and says “Okay then.” He makes a low posture and Tanji makes an even lower one. The master slams down his pole and says “Begin!” 

Bor rushes towards Tanji and uses heaps of speed. Tanji thinks “A blur!” With instinct alone, he puts his arms up and blocks the incoming punch. His face scrunches up from the force of the punch. Tanji is driven back a metre so from the car-stopping punch alone. He gets hooked across the face and receives significant strain on his jaw. His strong guard disintegrates and he is left open for a 2 piece combo. As his head is jerked back from the two prior punches, he is kicked in the gut and is hurled into the ring. As he ricochets off of the ring, he uses Qi Rush to get right out of the harsh situation. Bor turns back to lock eye contact with him.

“He gained complete eye contact with me while I was running away?! I had Qi Rush activated too! How is this possible?” Bor says “You’re strong, but I’m definitely stronger. Our family have something hidden within the gifted of us. A dormant dilution that can be activated in some of us. Some influence from bears. You see, that’s how I got my name.” Tanji says “Enough talking!” Tanji abruptly rushes in and quickly uses the True Power Fist. Bor swerves out of the way and elbows Tanji right in his jaw. This sends him to the floor, leaving a splat of blood in his close vision. Bor says “I’m not done talking.” Tanji coughs out the rest of the dead blood holstered in his mouth. 

“It is a key power from that influence. It’s already been influenced on my muscle mass. But I can show you more!!” The master smiles once he hears this and whispers “Go on, Bor.” 

Bor’s eyes flash then retain a dry golden colour. He laughs menacingly and his veins pulsate. Claws grow across his clawed up fingers and a tail of bones crackles from his lower back. Tanji looks at this and thinks “A tail?!” The group surrounding the fight all gasp at the waggling, skinless tail. 

“EEEAARRGGH!” Suddenly, Bor’s veiny muscles puff up. His spine cracks behind him and he grows blonde, shaggy sideburns. His fangs grow and sharpen as he slowly opens his mouth. 

The transformation comes to a halt and he stretches his back right back up. He stands firmly and coldly stares. The intimidation and fury almost beams into Tanji’s soul. Tanji is overwhelmed by these emotions. He takes an instinctive step back and starts to lowly shake and tremble. Tanji thinks “His stats. Can I check his stat boosts?” 

Bor Rodther

  • Strength: 109 (+40)
  • Speed: 92
  • Defence: 95
  • Constitution: 78
  • Control: 54%
  • Intelligence: 7 (-3)
  • Species: UNIDENTIFIABLE

“149 strength?!”

Zarvus, in the crowd, smirks with his arms crossed. He makes a remark “Destroy him, Bor. Show him how weak he really is in this place..” The crowd turn to look to Zarvus as he says this then Bor laughs. 

“Noted.” His tail spontaneously fleshes out and cloaks in a mass of grey fur. He waggles his tail while doing so. 

Tanji thinks “How am I supposed to win against this guy?! What even is this?!” He uses Qi Rush and beams off towards Bor. He lands a punch right in his gut and there is little movement. Bor merely jerks back a little. Bor smiles and tuts while swinging his finger left and right. He kicks Tanji in his gut and blood is launched to the ground from his mouth. Bor pulls his leg back and upwards to then extend and kick Tanji right in his head. Tanji’s blood spurts out masses of blood and he flies back into the ring wall. He ricochets off slowly and weakly to then drop to his knees. Tanji grasps his gut in pain while visibly shaking. Bor rushes in and leaps up. Tanji glimpses this and leaps out of the way. Bor lands and causes a massive and low vibration to be carried throughout the wooden floor, which is out of the ring.

Tanji thinks “He’s clearly less smart with his fighting style. Maybe I can win thi-,” Tanji is cut off and punched right in his head. He hits the ground and his vision blurs out. He painfully stands and his vision slowly starts collecting back up again. Bor chuckles maniacally and knees Tanji in his gut. Tanji ricochets off of the ring wall and quickly ducks under an elbow. Bor grunts in annoyance and elbows Tanji in his back. 

“Ohh!” 

2