Episode 34 – The Thin Blade
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanji throws a punch but Otto cocks back then Tanji takes this chance to aim for his legs. However, Otto crackles with masses of white electricity and flips right over his ploy for victory. He lands in front and Tanji is just confused. He thinks “How can I win this?! I’ve used everything. I put him in awkward positions but he still succeeds no matter what. I give up.” Tanji raises his hand and gives up. The master’s aura dies down and his hair returns to a greyish colour. He says “Well done. You didn’t succeed but you used intelligence to your advantage.” 

“Your next stage is a weapon.” He opens the armoury door and Tanji strolls into it. He looks around, trying to acquire a perfect weapon. Shuriken, Mabo throwing knives, Katana, Gauntlets etc. He thinks “How do I even choose?” He then strolls upon the Thin Blade. A strong, titanium + iron fused sword. It has a thin blade and is extremely sharp with a long blade. Otto sees it and says “Ooo, the Thin Blade. It was forged by an Alpha under the moonlight. I think it’s all conspiracies though that shouldn’t do anything about a sword.”

Tanji makes his choice and says “I want this.” Otto nods and takes it off of the wall. He hands it to Tanji and he takes the black wrapping off. He sees some dried splotches of blood on it but doesn’t care about it much. A notification then pops up in his face.

[CHOOSE AS WEAPON??]

Tanji thinks “What? Whats that?” The system says “Your weapon is a specialised combat object that can be brought up levels and handed specialised arts for when in combat. Levelling up the weapon will also increase its Mobility, Toughness and Effectiveness.” 

Tanji understands and goes for the option. He agrees and another notification pops up. Three brown inventory slots. His sword appears in one and he clicks on his sword.

Thin Blade

  • Level 1
  • Mobility: 4
  • Toughness: 9
  • Effectiveness: 7
  •  
  • Passive Art: Swordsman. +3 to Strength, Speed, Constitution and Defence when sword is used.

Tanji thinks “Cool!!” He reveals his sword and swings it. The blade causes a small gust of wind and he is astounded. He puts the sword away and quickly starts to try and train it. The master quickly goes up to him cautiously and says “Hey! Weapon training is in there!” He sees another large steel door and nods. He walks up to it and glances upon its monstrous size. He pushes open the door and sees several people training in a massive wooden room with targets, etc. A large AC on the roof. Somebody comes up to him and says “Finally got a weapon. Let’s see if you can beat me!” On his right, he wields a metal gauntlet that seems very heavy. However, the guy is hairy and massive. He is 6’4 240lbs. He has an about 20% body fat and is a werebear. Tanji thinks “What is this guy? Let’s check his stats..”

Fabian Kalei

  • Strength: 141
  • Speed: 90
  • Defence: 120
  • Constitution: 81
  • Control: 68%
  • Intelligence: 4
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Werebear

Tanji raises a brow and thinks “141 strength?! What is this?! That is not normal strength!”

The man starts shifting and grows more bear hair across his body. Claws grow from his fingernails and he gains about 10lbs more muscle and 5lbs more fur. This places him at a new 255lbs weight.

Unknown to Tanji, His strength has also risen to 160. 

Tanji brings out his sword and grips it tightly. The guy says “I’m not striking first, Tanji..” Tanji leaps in using Dire Leap then swings the sword. An unusual amount of wind is released from the sword and it scratches Fabian’s gauntlet. He slides back a little but it isn’t that bad. Tanji spins around and tries to slash across his gut but Fabian dodges right out of the way with ease. He heel kicks Tanji in his jaw and he flies to the side. He lands on his back after spinning from the hit and is shook. He’s just looking at the ceiling in confusion at the man’s strength. Tanji slowly gets up and grasps onto his sword. He holds it straight and prepares a combo. 

He beams off towards him using Qi Rush and slashes down powerfully. He blocks with his gauntlet but Tanji manages to kick him back quickly. He uses this disorientation to slash across his gut. He only manages to cut his shirt from Fabian’s impressive speed. Tanji thinks “How the hell is he still faster than me using Qi Rush?!” Tanji holds his sword tight then qi starts to flood into it. Tanji looks down and thinks “Woah.” He looks at his new and improved Thin Blade and this boosts him mentally and not only physically. He uses Qi Rush once again and leaps into the air. He spins extremely fast and his blade glows in preparation for an attack. 

He swings his sword incredibly fast and lands a small cut to the man’s cheek. He cuts out several hairs and readies himself but hears blood drip onto the floor. He turns back to look at his sword and sees that he actually landed a cut. He just can’t see much because of the hair in the way. The man blurs towards him and kicks him into the wooden wall. He slams into it and coughs out blood while dropping his sword. Fabian unties his gauntlet and says “I think that’s enough for now.” Tanji is panting on the wall and says “You’re so strong.” His hair starts to shrink and fade away and he says “Yep, it’s a lot of training and I am a werebear after all.” Tanji says “Are you stronger than master?” He says “Oh no way! Do you know how strong master is.. Rumour is, is that he’s just as strong as some City Troopers.” Tanji’s eyes widen. “City Troopers?! That is way too strong! But how strong are City Troopers. I know how strong they are but what kind of stats would they have?”

2