Episode 38 – Christmas Time
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas nods then stumbles up to his unstable feet. His healing factor is currently racing towards bringing him back up to optimal health. Even his body temperature has risen by a whole degree celsius. 

Once Tanji returns home, he feels the immense pressure from the beaming moonlight. He thinks “Huh? The full moon!” He leaps out of the way of the moonlight then rushes back up to rummage through his wooden cabinets for his sedatives. His eyes flash golden while doing so. He opens the final drawer with newly grown claws. He sees a metallic casing with pills inside. He shakes his head to try and get over the moonlight and his control drops to a low 40%. 

He claws open the packaging and sees one pill. He holds it in his fingers and exhales calmly. He chews it then eats it. Once he eats it, he feels no difference. “I feel the same! I’m gonna lose control!” He drops to his knees, surrounded by the silent halls of his apartment. 

He feels his spine crack into a new position and he grunts in pain. He looks down to his claws but then his vision spontaneously blurs out. His head hits his thick mattress and he passes out. 

Once he falls asleep, his bodily structure alters painfully but his slumber stops him from acting out.

The next morning, he wakes up and feels a little weaker. His head has been stuck in an awkward position for like several hours. He stands from his bed and goes right into his cultivating his qi.

He feels the damage to his Soul Core from before and it’s forcing him to restrict use to only his Shiroi Breathing Methods. Anything more hurts like hell for him.

After this, he spends a lot of time cultivating and gaining better weaponry.

He reaches Level 15 from Level 12 and gains +10 to all stats. His Thin Blade reaches Level 6, his Knuckledusters Level 5 and his Chīsana Bow Level 8. 

Thin Blade

  • Level 6
  • Mobility: 11
  • Toughness: 17
  • Effectiveness: 20
  •  
  • Passive Art: Swordsman. +3 to Strength, Speed, Constitution and Defence when sword is used.
  • Weapon Art: Kōjiro Slash. The Sword of the user’s sharpness increases by 30%. Striking Speed +30%. Striking Strength +40%. Speed and Strength stat +7

Knuckledusters

  • Level 5
  • Mobility: 5
  • Toughness: 16
  • Effectiveness: 10
  •  
  • Passive Art: Tough Knuckles. +4 to Strength and Defence, +2 to Speed and Constitution.
  • Weapon Art: Bone-crusher. Knuckledusters get tougher and arms get stronger for 10 seconds. +10 to Toughness. +8 to Strength and Speed.

Chīsana Bow

  • Level 8
  • Mobility: 7
  • Toughness: 11
  • Effectiveness: 11
  •  
  • Passive Art: Archer. +5 to Speed and Defence, +4 to Strength and Constitution.
  • Weapon/Qi Art: Soaring Arrow. Arrow enhanced with condensed qi and the arrowhead increases in sharpness. Arrow Sharpness +50%.

Christmas time comes along and he receives a special notification.

[CHRISTMAS: SYSTEM REWARDS: $1000]

Tanji laughs ecstatically in awe of the reward. He bubbles up with happiness and joy. He thinks “Actual money?!” The money drops in his hand and he gasps in reaction. He examines the money in disbelief and says “I can get a present.. I can get a present!!” He looks at the money and notices the face of a past Lord of Bludby City. Marc Lycanos. 

He takes the money and goes into the bustling streets. Many people wearing woolly clothes and Christmas clothing. The supernaturals wear warm clothing as a trend instead since they don’t get affected much by the temperature. 

He goes into a large open food store with steaming meats and warm meals. Bags of human blood hang in a column down the opening of the store, right next to animal food.

He takes this money and buys a large bag of steak with a side of seasoned Eastern Land noodles. 

He pays 100 dollars and leaves the store. He holds the massive bag of meat with a mere hand and walks across the snowy streets no problem. The sky is dark but the streets are glowing. The city and surrounding cities are bright with lights and parties and families. Christmas songs can be heard across the city and many singers are performing the songs.

Tanji returns home and thinks “I’ve never really needed anything. I have no need for things. I’ll just save the rest.” Right after this, he digs into his delicious and well-made food. 

He cultivates under the dwindling moonlight, which is still powerful from the next day. He makes significant progress from the day and his Soul Core makes a lot of progress in its slow recovery.

He reads his stats to see how far he’s gone and he is surprised.

  • Tanji Bjornulfsson.
  • Level 15 [5/750] 
  • Strength: 51
  • Speed: 44
  • Defence: 46
  • Constitution: 49
  • Control: 75%
  • Intelligence: 30
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Werewolf
  • HP [89/95]
  • XP Points: 9

His stats are far above Lucas now and with all of his enhancements, his stats reach much higher numbers. With his combination shifting and qi form, his Strength likely reaches past the 80 mark. 

Eventually, the day comes to an end. The streets die down and everyone is tired, recovering from the day before. Barely anyone is left within the streets of Bludby City. The streets are quiet, and only lit up by the morning sun. 

Tanji went through the first term of school with no school at all and he decides to take the Second Term Exams. These are exams for people who have failed the main exams and are trying to make it into a school. Students are allowed to take a maximum of a year to train for Combat School. 

2