Episode 43 – Meeting Some Old Friends
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He rushes back in after his Qi Rush fades and leaps up to his wound. He aims well and uses the True Power Fist. It hits his wound and causes an explosion on impact. Once the explosion hits his wound, it multiplies the power of his punch and causes masses of damage. Igrut falls back and holds his wound in agony. He snarls in agitation and makes a stance with one fist. 

Tanji makes a low stance, inspired from the werewolves then thinks “I think it’s time to end this.” He steps forward lightly then soars into the sky. This is his Dire Slam. He condenses qi into his leg to further enhance this art and dives down from at least 10 metres into the air. His hair flows violently from the wind and his speed is absolutely insane. 

Igrut barely has any time to react before he hits his head. His head slams into the gridded floor below and Tanji lands gracefully. Igrut coughs blood with a cracked skull then Tanji steps back twice. Igrut gets up and holds his head in pain from the hit. Tanji thinks “I’m actually winning the fight. I guess I should finish this off.” He clenches his fists and his claws shrink. His golden eyes fizzle out but then quickly switch to blue. A mass of lightning trickles around his body and his muscles enlarge. He dashes at Igrut and leaves an energetic trail of lightning. He punches his wound and causes even more damage then kicks him in his side with all of his weight. 

He pushes off of him then swivels and kicks him in the side of the head. His Brownout fades out then he condenses his lightning qi into his arm. His fist cloaks in a condensed mass of lightning qi, granting him a more vigorous punch. The lightning reaches out and attacks Igrut in several different points. It lands and causes a loud banging noise. One of Igrut’s right ribs snap on impact and he coughs blood. He stumbles out of the ring and holds his wound in agony. Tanji exhales calmly and rids himself of all of his powers. He thinks “Wow, that could’ve really been bad for me if I didn’t use my speed. If I went in there with just my normal power I would’ve died so quickly. What should I call that lightning attack though. Maybe Blue Bomb? Thunderous Strike?”

 He walks off of the ring, thinking of a name, then grabs his phone. He shakes himself off then reads his rating. 9.5/10. Tanji nods and says “This was perfect! I’m definitely gonna pass!” On his phone, it also says something below the completed matches “Current Ranking for participants with all matches completed. 1st!” Tanji gasps and says “Wow! I’m the best fighter here so far. Let’s wait it out and see if I still am.” 

He just sits in the spectator room, playing around with his qi for about 20 minutes. The matches come to an end and the final rankings are released. Tanji drops to 4th place and thinks “How?! 3 more people here are stronger than me? Now that’s a bit scary. But that still does mean I have a high chance of making it through.”

The voice then projects itself across all of the speakers. “Thank you to everyone that has participated. All participants who have passed will see the school’s logo in green on their mobile devices. All of the other participants will see the school’s logo in red.”

Tanji’s screen lags out then displays the school’s logo in green. Tanji makes a gesture of satisfaction and says “Yes..” Sounds of sadness and dissatisfaction can be heard across the spectator rooms. The proctors then leap up to the spectator room and all make the same arm gesture, pointing to the exit of the spectator rooms. The voice from the speakers then says “Participants who failed the test or decide to not go any further, please make your way down the steps.” Tanji stays put since he passed and then thinks “These guys must be strong. Let me see.” He reads the stats of one and it’s pretty much empty.

  • Ciro Bancroft
  • Strength: ???
  • Speed: ???
  • Defence: 204
  • Constitution: ???
  • Control: ???
  • Intelligence: 9
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: ???

Tanji’s eyes widen and he thinks “What?! That’s 204 and it’s probably his lowest stat. How is that possible?! I swear City Troopers don’t even have stats much higher than that. Wait.. Ciro?! The younger cousin of Tearle and Lucien. He’s like 19 I swear. Maybe he’s trying to get more rep across the city and outskirts.”

The voice then continues with another statement. “Congratulations to the rest of you who have passed. Now, make your way down the spectator room behind the proctors.” The five proctors then form a line and walk down the exit. The group then follow after them and make their way to an open field. The area is pretty much identical to the area with the Capture the Flag from Farholde. There he sees Ciro take charge and say “Welcome group. If any of you didn’t know, I am Ciro Bancroft. I am cousin of Tearle and Lucien Bancroft.” The group then recognise that and start to respect him. “This is the second and final stage of the exam. Capture the Flag.”

Ciro then continues to explain the stage. “The Capture the Flag will have two flags. One on each of these hills. There will be teams of 3 and this will be a 3v3 match. Formations and fighting style is up to you. Killing is prohibited but the rest is allowed. All you have to do is get your flag into the enemy’s flag area before they get their flag into your flag area. Please make your way to the large sheet next to that hill to determine your team.”

The group rush to the hill and Tanji tries to look through the group to see his team. He then sees “Silvan Couillard” and thinks “I’ve heard that name before.” He hears behind him. “Greetings. Didn’t think I’d meet you here.” Tanji turns and thinks “Silvan!” Silvan says “You’ve grown like two inches. I’m sure you’re power has grown too.” Tanji thinks “From Farholde!” Tanji says “Wow, didn’t think I’d meet you here.” Silvan says “Well, I think we can win. I got 2nd out of the group. What did you get?” Tanji says “4th.” Silvan says “Wow! That’s great!” Behind them, their other teammate stands there. 

He says “Cut the reunion talk out. Let’s win this.”

1