Episode 44 – The Big and Bad Ogre
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We’re first up. I got 6th and I’m a hellhound, I’ll go at the back.” Silvan says “I have some sort of dilution with my vampirism. It gave me my white hair and also this.” He reveals his palm and then grows his fangs. He bites his palm and the hellhound says “What’s this?!” Tanji says “Just wait. Maybe it’s something useful.”

His blood seeps through the wound then flows in his hand. It grows across his hand and then forms crystallised blood across his hand and forearm. He says “I can flow and crystallise blood. I can make it really sharp too. I left the city and searched for my dilution and I managed to find out it was this. Pretty neat. I can also make my blood flow faster to make me stronger.” The hellhound says “Ohh, so that’s what it is. That’s good. What about you?”

Tanji laughs and says “Let’s just say I can do a lot of things. Like this.”

He shows his palm and generates trickles of lightning qi. Tanji says “I can also do this.” He reveals his qi aura then it dies down.” He says “I can do much more too; trust me I’m good.” The hellhound says “Yeah, I get you but there’s No. 1.” 

There stands a pureblood, 6’7 Ogre from the head family of Bludby City. He is related to the Ogre member of the government of the city. Vukor Ikor. Tanji thinks “Member of the Ikor! I didn’t think I’d see one here!” 

He is quite slim and has a lot less fat than the average ogre. You can actually see faint abs and has some veins on his arms. He has a fat percentage of something from 20 - 22%. Most ogres have a fat percentage of 26 - 30%. 

Tanji says “Woah.” And the hellhound points. “Look up there. The hellhound. He got 3rd. He is a mix of hellhound and ghoul DNA.” Tanji gasps and says “What?!” He nods and says “For us to breach that defence would be very tough.” Silvan says “Yeah. What about the middle man?” He says “He’s easily manageable. He got 8th.” Tanji says “Okay so 2nd, 4th and 6th vs 1st, 3rd and 8th. It’s pretty balanced.” Tanji thinks “My powers go far past 4th. I reckon I’m somewhere close to 2nd. Let’s read his stats.” He approaches the ogre and scans his power.

  • Vukor Ikor
  • Strength: 113
  • Speed: 77
  • Defence: 98
  • Constitution: 99
  • Control: 65%
  • Intelligence: 3
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Ogre

Tanji thinks “He’s not as strong as Igrut but he’s much faster and healthier. That tends to be the case for Northerners vs Westerners. Northerners are faster and Westerners are stronger.”

Tanji says “I can handle him.” The hellhound says “Are you crazy?!” He says “I can, trust me. I know we all want to pass. I won’t just let us all fail.” The hellhound walks back to the hill and says “Let’s see if we can trust you.” Silvan goes to the front and nods. He exhales calmly then Tanji grabs the flag from the hellhound behind throwing it down. He puts it in the side of his shirt then takes out his Chīsana Bow and engulfs himself with his lightning qi. 

Then, his system puts a pop-up in his face.

[SUDDEN QUEST: Grimcrest. Get into the First-Year Grimcrest Academy Class.]

[QUEST REWARDS: 600XP, 1 New Breathing Method, 1 Weapon Art Upgrade.]

Tanji smirks and says “Quite enticing.”

Ciro puts down his arm and says “May the match.. BEGIN!!” Vukor roars and rushes towards the group. Silvan rushes past Vukor and takes on the werewolf. Tanji then clashes with the ogre. He laughs and says “The Big and Bad Ogre. Let’s see how good you actually are.” He steps back but Vukor matches his retreating speed. He thinks “He’s matching my speed. He blocks an incoming punch then dodges an uppercut. He steps back then uses the Soaring Arrow Art. The arrow beams at Vukor and stabs into his forearm. 

Tanji rushes at him and kicks him back. He flips away and thinks “He’s fast and certainly durable. This won’t be easy.” He shoots two more arrows using the art then runs at him to follow. He drops the bow to his side and prepares for combat. He punches him and Vukor blocks the hit with ease. He pushes back against the punch and takes a step forward. He kicks Tanji away and takes another step forward.

Tanji summons his blade and thinks “Let’s see how this crimson lightning will work.” The blue lightning charges into the sword then turns into a powerful red current.

Vukor says “Hey, that’s weapons!” Tanji says “It’s part of my power! It’s really rare! You saw how I summoned it.” Vukor scoffs and runs in. Tanji runs in and swings his sword. A trickle of current cuts across his arm after he misses. He turns and swings twice more. He misses twice but he leaps up and front-flips. He dives down with a swing and lands a little cut across his chest. He lands and falls back a few metres.

He uses the Guarding Stance and then slowly approaches him. Vukor bangs his chest and says “You’re done!” He runs at his opponent and punches at the sword. He ducks under the punch then slashes across his side, using the Kōjiro Slash. He causes a massively deep cut in his side and he snarls. He falls to one knee and spits blood onto the soil below.

The hellhound above jumps in reaction to this and says “Yes!” Tanji stabs it into his back and causes even more damage. However, he is swatted off of his back and greatly damaged. He rips his sword from his back then kicks his opponent back. “I’m not any normal ogre. My dilution gives me above natural intelligence. And I have the brains and the brawn to beat you!” 

Tanji spits blood and holds his side. He says “I can’t believe you lasted this long against me..” Unknown to him, he’s been charging tons of current within his sword. He crackles with the lightning from Brownout then rushes toward the big ogre. He flips forward then swings down with his sword. Vukor dodges but then gets hit by the massive trail of red lightning. He gets a deep cut across his torso which quickly starts to bleed. He steps back in reaction to the overwhelming slash but Tanji uses Dire Slam to leap horizontally and shatter his breastbone with a quick. He leaps into the air, and while mid-air, he uses his combination form. 

He dives down using the True Power Fist and lands it right on the ogre’s back. The ogre’s body slams into the floor and he breaks two ribs. He coughs blood onto the ground then Tanji steps off of his muscly back. He looks at him for a split-second but turns back to meet up with Silvan and his brawl.

1