Episode 45 – Devilfire
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Silvan has currently been facing the werewolf and is having the high advantage. Tanji rushes past Silvan and finishes the werewolf off with the Kōjiro slash. He just cuts his arm off and says “Sorry! It’ll grow back!” Silvan says “My apologies.” They both then look up at the hellhound-ghoul in fear. Tanji exhales calmly then uses the combination form. He puts his sword away then summons his knuckledusters. He wears them and also takes out his Chīsana Bow. 

He shoots 2 arrows up at the hellhound but he catches both arrows with ease. Tanji thinks “Oh my god. Oh yeah, the fire! I’ll need my sword.” He takes out his sword and Silvan clenches his fist. He flows his blood as fast as he can and his skin goes redder. His eyes glow blood red and his muscles enlarge. Tanji says “How long can you keep that going?” He says “It gives me something like human stamina. I can only keep this in a fight for a few good minutes.” 

Tanji says “Well, let’s get up there then.” They run to the side of the hill and start climbing from rock to rock. They almost reach the top but then see a bunch of fire rage towards them. Tanji slices the fire in half and gives them a small time window to get them both on top. Silvan leaps onto the hill and Tanji follows. He says “You won’t win. I am too strong!!” 

His left eye glows orange and his right glows white. His shirt flows and a bunch of ghoul and hellfire flows around him. “Let me showcase what I call. Devilfire! A mix of ghoul and hellfire! The worst of all fires!! You’re lucky I can’t kill you because this fire certainly has the facilities to do so!” 

Silvan says “This is bad.” He cuts his hand and then creates a huge blood crystal blade on his right fist. Tanji says “Good thinking. The hybrid laughs maniacally then says “Fire Zone!” He is then cloaked by a ring of fire, that can protect him from certain attacks. A string of fire reaches for Tanji but he dodges and slices it in half. The fire drops then poofs out into grey smoke.

He switches his sword stance and says “It’s getting pretty hot.” The fire grows in height and intensity and Silvan is sweating profusely. Tanji floods lightning qi into his sword then throws it into the ring of fire. It is caught with ease and he hears a laugh from within the high ring of fire.

The sword is thrown out and Tanji thinks “He has quick reactions. I think if I hit the fire ring with a condensed beam of lightning.. From Brownout!” He says “I’ve got an idea. And I might lose my arm.” Silvan stops panting from the heat and says “What?!” He dodges a string of fire and cuts it off as if it’s a limb.

He uses brownout then quickly starts to control it. “I have 10 seconds!” He thinks in fear. He feels the pain in his arm but continues. He places a small circle on his palm with his other hand and says in agony “AAHH!!” He releases a condensed and powerful beam of lightning through the fire that stabs into his chest. His arm goes a dark colour and is visibly injured. Silvan rushes in and kicks him off of the hill. Tanji stabs the flag into the flag area and the match ends. All 3 of them are doing pretty much okay and the other three members have been taken out, all by Tanji.

He caused the most important damage to all 3 opponents. Silvan calms his blood flow and rips off the blood crystal blade from his fist. He says “We did it. We passed!” 

Ciro lowers his hand and says “Team 1 is the Winner! Please make your way to the spectator area just there.” He points to a group of people and the group make their way there. Tanji’s arm slowly starts healing and the 3 losers in the battlefield are taken away by medics.

Tanji’s skin starts to return to normal colour but he still can’t move it as of now. The hellhound says “Thank you for a good fight. You made it so I had to do literally nothing.” Silvan says “No problem. Tanji, you really are stronger!” Tanji says “Yeah, it took a lot of training and discovering of my vast power.” The hellhound nods then sits to watch the rest of the matches. 

Tanji smiles and thinks “I passed.. I passed!!” 

After the event comes to a close, Tanji receives a letter of acceptance and a stash of Grimcrest uniform. It is dark blue with yellow streaks and a yellow Grimcrest logo. He thinks “Wow, what a cool uniform. It’s really sleek too!” 

1