Episode 46 – First Day
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He keeps it to the side and notices that the term begins in two weeks. 

[COMPLETED SUDDEN QUEST: Grimcrest]

[+600XP]

[+1 New Breathing Method]

[+1 New Weapon Art Upgrade]

[CHOOSE YOUR BREATHING METHOD: OPTION 1: Kiumi OPTION 2: Kikaen OPTION 3: NONE]

Tanji just wants slow and reliable growth so he chooses the Kiumi Breathing Method.

He utilises this strong cultivation technique for the next two weeks and gains some solid new qi powers. He also manages to put his endurance up ever so slightly. 

He decided to start off with the day school route instead of boarding just to get used to the it. His main intent is to live there in boarding though. He takes the train and takes the same 5 minutes to arrive. Once he does, he sees several students. Some pulling up in cars and some walking from the Grimcrest Town. Tanji just goes in with the crowd and finds out everyone has very athletic builds. Many are at the height of about 6’2 with athletic frames. 

He is a little intimidated but knows physique isn’t everything and moves on. His school mobile app says for him to go to Room 317. Luckily, the app has directions on how to get to that part of the school. 

He gets to his locker number and just assembles a lock on it. He laughs and thinks “Wow. I’ve never actually felt secure keeping my stuff in a locker before. Times really have changed.” He makes his way to his class and eventually stumbles across the room. It is a wooden door with a golden rectangle with the numbers ‘317’ written in black on it. He opens the door and his screen instantly shuts off. 

He sees a dense seating plan with at least 20 students. The teacher is about 6’0 and bald. He wears black glasses with a grey jumper. He also has black trousers with black shoes. He says coldly “Who are you?” He says “Umm, Tanji Bjornulfsson.” His tone quickly switches and he says “Oh, of course! The wonder-kid! Just there.” He gets to his seat and puts his bag under his table. 

He then hears talk around the class about him. It is pretty positive and about how the teacher referred to him as the wonder-kid. 

“Wonder-kid? He doesn’t look like anything special.” 

“I can tell he’s strong from the way he is. He shows no sign of even being able to feel fear!”

“I heard that he can harness lightning.”

Many different comments surface across the dense room but the teacher says “Silence! Now, for those that have come for the Second-Term, we will begin by an introduction to the City Trooper.” The class silences almost instantly and the teacher begins talking. 

“Now, before we even start, what is a City Trooper?” Tanji raises his hand slowly then the teacher lets him answer with a smile on his face. 

“A City Trooper is a member of the Bludby State’s Policing Force. They possess masses of power and use this to protect the citizens of the state and detain criminals.” The teacher nods and says “Good explanation, Tanji. Now, yes City Troopers reside all across the state. We are currently in the stare and are also protected under the City Troopers. Does anyone know how many of them there are?”

A girl in the back, curly brown hair and hazel eyes, says “There are about 140,000 City Troopers across the state.” The teacher nods and says “Yes. That is correct. Good stuff, Adreanna.” She smirks and just doesn’t reply. He says “Now, since there are so little troopers compared to the 60 million+ population of the state, how do they succeed in their job?” Tanji raises his hand again and answers. “Their vast power is the answer. Any human state before the supernaturals recorded a much higher police:citizen ratio because it was harder to control the population back then. The strongest are the City Troopers so it is much easier for them to police the weaker population.”

The teacher says “Correct, again, Tanji! Yes, so this is the advantage of using the strongest as the policing force. It lets us keep the City Trooper count to an absolute minimum. This is because we know the talent for the City Trooper is scarce. We normally look for members of the Head Families of the city or train you students up in Combat Academies.”

He continues talking about City Troopers and how they work and the lesson eventually comes to a close. 

Tanji leaves the room then sees that they have a 30 minute break. He knocks into Adreanna and is merely pushed out of the way. She says “Sorry, did I hurt you?” Tanji gets up as if nothing happened and says “No, why would you think that?” Adreanna laughs and says “You didn’t even move me.” Tanji chuckles as well then she leaves. 

He spends this break just sharpening his sword in the toilet. He hears his phone make a notification and holds his claw out from sharpening his sword. He retracts his claws then grabs his phone. He sees “Next period: Combat Training.” He thinks “Ooo, combat training! I need to get my P.E kit on too.”

He throws his sword in his inventory then goes to his next period. He stumbles upon a massive white building with a glass front door. It is also surrounded by glass, looking into the massive straw-like ring. It is filled with hardened straw on the ground and wooden walls across the edge with seats above. There is also a large Grimcrest logo on the wall. He sees his group there with another group and steps into the arena. There he sees 2 teachers. His teacher and another. A brown-haired female teacher with blazing yellow eyes. Similar to Tanji’s. 

One teacher says “This is what you’ve all been waiting for. Combat Training.”

1