Episode 52 – Insight
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanji wakes up slowly, and his weary body is steaming from overexertion. His body temperature is past 45 degrees, making him feel hot to the touch but also enhancing his healing factor. This makes his injuries heal much quicker than usual. Tanji says “Silvan.. Who is he?”

“You’ve already come to the school and haven’t heard of him?! The Kane Lur!” The crowd react in shock of him using his full name and Silvan looks back around. “Oh, I shouldn’t say his name?” He thinks in confusion and slight wonder. 

“Do you see? I used his name and everyone’s already acting up. They call him Son of Lucifer because his fire control is so good. So is his potential!” Tanji stands in a peculiar manner, since he is covered in dark red crystals. “Why does he have to be so mean though?!” 

Silvan says “Why wouldn’t he be? He takes everything he wants by force and gets anything he wants through intimidation alone.” Tanji sighs and says “Brownout!” Once he uses this, the crystals char and crackle off of him. The aura still rages around him and there’s an awkward silence for a short period of time before the whole thing just decays away. 

“I want to take him down.” Tanji says, being completely serious. Silvan just starts laughing and says “Take him down?! He can actually fight with some City Troopers! He’ll lose, yes, but he can still fight one for some time!” Tanji says “Not now, obviously. But I’ve felt this feeling too many times to not act on it. To be humiliated just for physical inferiority. It makes no sense! I won’t let him win. No way.” Silvan says “Nice speech, but I’d like to see you try.” 

Alden arrives and says “Hey, guys!” Tanji replies politely and happily. “Oh, hi! I forgot that you’re here and oh my.” Alden is well over 7 foot so to Tanji, he’s massive. “Apparently, you fought Son of Lucifer or something?” Alden says. 

Tanji reacts in surprise. “How do you already know that?!” Alden replies “I’ve heard it literally all the way down the hall.” 

Tanji sighs and just leans back on the locker. “At least, I know that I’m faster than him with the new form of mine. He wasn’t shifting fully though.” Alden says “You’re actually that fast.” Tanji raises his palm to demonstrate and blue lightning crackles around it. He aims it upwards and the cluster of lightning is beamed at the ceiling. It doesn’t even break the ceiling since it’s been reinforced with strong material. 

Alden gasps and says “What sort of mutation is that?” Tanji musters up an excuse and says “It’s not from here. Pretty rare. And also, I wanna fight you!” Alden says “Ohh, ok. Well, let’s do it.”

Across the school, Kane is sat in a wooden office. Across the table, sits Tony Klawfield. 

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’VE DONE TODAY?!” Kane scoffs and says “Be quiet..” Tony’s eyes glow golden and he stares right into his eyes. “You are not to speak back to staff in such a vulgar manner.” He says “How strong are you guys anyway? You’re not City Troopers!” His right hand blazes with fire and he goes in to attack him. Tony blurs behind him and grabs his wrist. He throws him into the wall behind and cracks it on impact. He blitzes forwards and grabs his shirt. He slams him into the wall again and Kane grunts from the force of the attack.

“I used to be.. and the thing with the supernatural is that.. we don’t lose our power that quickly.” 

Kane has nothing to say. Nothing to do. All he can do is submit to him. Something he’s never done before. Inside him, he feels bubbling rage and an urge for violence but also, he feels overwhelming fear. 

He is thrown to his knees and Tony says “Do you not have any respect? You are not the Lord, but a mere student! Do you understand?!” He looks down to the wooden ground with blazing rage. His eyes cannot do anything but flare up. His claws grow and reveal themselves but he nods slowly. Tony nods and says “Good.. you may exit.”

Kane stands and storms out of the room. He glares at someone across the hall, who is a simple First-Year werewolf. 

His eyes flare and almost burn the kid’s soul. He shakily says “A-are you.. ok?” He grabs his neck and squeezes, flowing out his concealed anger. 

The werewolf struggles to breathe from the force then Kane says “It’s.. all.. your.. fault!” He flails around and says “Please.. Son of..” He squeezes more and his hand flares up with fire. Blood then starts to come out of his mouth and Kane realises what he’s doing. He drops him then runs away in fear and the werewolf almost passes out onto the floor. He gasps for air and holds his neck in agony. His lycanthropy gets his wound healing as quickly as possible and he just waits it out basically.

Kane runs out of the school and just runs into the adjacent fields. He looks into the sky above and says “Why am I so weak?! I always have been the strongest!! I don’t care about what’s being said! I.. am..” He bends over and drops to his knees in realisation. Everything he’s had has been stripped from him. Everything.

“Not.. the.. strongest… NOOO!!!” He roars upwards and his claws extend violently. A wave of fire is released from around him. He screams with all of his might and is engulfed by bright hellfire. The fire condenses around him almost being ready to be released. His muscles puff up violently and he lets out a final, vehement roar. The power of the fire is released and creates an 8 metre, wide and tall blast of fiery energy. He drops to the floor and passes out from overexertion.

A teacher hears this with their inhuman level hearing and peers out of the window. There, they see a cluster of smoke slowly breaking apart from the slight breeze. He drops his cup of coffee and leaps out of his window. He makes a forward roll and runs to the scene. 

Once he arrives, he just sees Kane. Knocked out and charred. “He caused this? Himself?!”

1