Episode 63 – Empty Reserves
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From above the stands, Mrs. Klawfield comments “Hmm. Better performance than last year and Vanessa has unlocked the Blood Crystal Power. Impressive.” The male teacher next to her says “Yes. Especially Tanji. He really has some strength.”

A vampire behind them says “Hey! You’re done!” This is some stupid, egotistical vampire. He rushes past the group and leaps up to punch the bot. It literally doesn’t move. He is simply grabbed by the neck and powerfully kicked across the arena. 

Tanji takes out the blade and closes his eyes. “Focus. Draw from your Soul Core. Everything you have!!” Lightning trickles down his arm and qi collects around the head of the blade. He opens his eyes and they flash a blue colour. Ava pounds her chest and snarls. Her small tusks slam into the top of her jaw and Vanessa crouches down slightly. Tanji holds the blade to his body and says “GO!!” The group roar and rush towards the bot. Tanji throws a fake attack but ducks and lets Ava land a strong punch to the bot’s body. A hellhound comes in and shoots two fireballs then an ogre leaps over him with their burly body and slams into the massive bot. They’re eventually shaken off though and punched to the ground. Tanji just about misses a slash but a wendigo gets knocked out by it. Vanessa punches the bot but doesn’t manage to crack the shell.

She promptly falls back and thinks “I need to get through that shell!” Tanji runs past her with the blade and says “I can break the shell for you!” Vanessa nods and says “I’ll help you!” They both run towards the bot and devise a plan. Ava slams into their bot then their punches clash. An ogre creepily reaches in from behind and grabs the bot. Ava is then given space for a great power punch. The bot elbows the ogre in the side of his head and knocks him out.

The bot roars at the group and slams two ghouls to the floor with its massive hands. Ava falls back quickly and realises that their team size has dropped to a mere 7. Many are knocked out and too injured to fight anyone. Tanji tries to think of a plan. “I need to get through but need a clean cut. This bot is too aware and powerful to let me get a cut on him.” He says to Vanessa. Vanessa nods and replies quickly “I’ll get him open. Ava, help me!” Ava nods and says “What do you need me to do?” Vanessa says “Help me get this bot open for Tanji to cut him.” She makes her stance and says “As you wish.” They both rush forward and Ava leaps up and over Vanessa. Ava slams into the bot and grabs its powerful arm. It pulls and Ava slides across the battlefield. Vanessa lands a speedy punch to its chest then kicks at its knee. The bot simply slams down but she blocks with her blood crystal and it cracks. Ava pulls the bot around then elbows it in the jaw. This leaves her to be slashed however. 

“Ava!” Vanessa says in shock. She leaps forward and kicks the bot back then lands two speedy punches. The last punch just shatters the crystal on that one arm of hers and then she grabs the arm of the bot. Ava gets up with a thriving pain in her chest then grabs the other arm. Tanji speeds forward and leaps from below to get a good gash. “Kōjiro Slash!!” He screams with fury and force. 

The bot leaps up and puts its legs on the wall behind them. It then leaps into the air and just about dodges the sharp slash. The slash even slightly cuts the wooden wall behind it. It lands behind Tanji then knocks out an approaching wendigo. The three hellhounds behind them all shower the bot with harsh fire. One launches a powerful fire vortex but it’s no use. The bot is just left burnt and steaming. It runs forward with its hefty weight and slams a hellhound to the floor. It grabs another and kicks them in the chest, knocking them out. It then slams the final hellhound to the ground and knocks them out with a final punch. Tanji turns and says “Oh my god.” The bot roars at the last remaining three. Ava, Vanessa and Tanji. Tanji holds his blade tight and lightning crackles around him fiercely. Vanessa bites her open arm and new blood flows around her violently. She says “I’ll be a little bit. 30 seconds tops!” Ava nods and her eyes flash red as she uses her vampirism. 

Her muscles buff up slightly and she calmly exhales. She runs forward with all her new speed and throws a punch at the bot. It ducks under and punches her in the gut. It follows by grabbing her arm and flipping her right over its shoulder. Tanji jumps over Ava and strikes down with his blade only to miss. The bot swings with its sharp claws but Tanji blocks it with the blade and steps back. Ava quickly raises to her feet tries to punch it again. The bot dodges then kicks her away and dodges the swing from Tanji. It quickly reaches out and grabs Tanji by the neck. Tanji struggles as he is raised off his feet then he is slammed into the floor below. He tries to stab the blade into the bot but it pulls its hand away promptly and kicks him into the ground. Tanji coughs blood and is writhing in pain on the floor. 

Ava punches the bot in the chest then ducks under a predicted swing. She then steps forward powerfully and kicks it in the chest. It falls back slightly but punches her away. Blood zooms out from her body onto the sandy floor below then she’s slammed to the floor. The angry werewolf bot slashes at her body when she’s already on the floor, causing even more damage. Ava coughs blood but is finally knocked out by a punch to the gut. Vanessa says “Almost done!” 

Tanji is standing, with blood all the way down his clothes and his blade in hand. He whispers “You’re done..” His Soul Core begins to empty as his body allows him to use the core’s reserves. A mass of lightning builds up across the blade and his new aura causes his clothes and hair to blow around. His eyes glow with the colour of the werewolf and his body almost seems to puff up like some sort of beach ball. Vascularity shows across his entire body and he snarls at the bot with his new fangs.

1