1. The Last Hyakki Yagyou
348 15 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Last Hyakki Yagyou

In the middle of a forest a girl in miko outfit, a white chihaya and a red hakama, her long black hair are tied in pony tail sitting on top of a stone holding a hand bell on her right hand with both of her eyes closed.

A nine tailed fox sitting on her lap looking at her face worryingly, “Tsuki-sama are you sure you want to do this?”

Tsuki know what is the inevitable that’s going to happen on her sooner, “It’s alright Kitsune, I want to spend my last night with all of you.”

Her health has gradually worsened for the past few months and as the Onmyouji who can communicate with the youkai, a certain youkai with a power to see the future told her about his dream this morning.

The worried Kitsune transform into her bigger form, using her nine-tail wrapping it around Tsuki’s body trying to warm her on this cold windy night.

“Thanks, Kitsune, but this is not my physical body, I can’t feel the cold.”

Kitsune can’t help but pout putting her chin on her lap.

She opened her eyes and start shaking the bell on her hand.

Cling!

Cling!

Cling!

Suddenly one by one youkai appeared kneeling in front of Tsuki filling the empty plain green field with their presence.

“Tsuki-sama…”

“Tsuki-sama…”

“Tsuki-sama…”

Said thousands of youkais worried.

“A Kudan appear in front of me this morning, with the news that maybe all of you already know, my time in this world is not long and it will come to an end tonight…

Cries suddenly erupted from the youkais.

… That’s why tonight I summon all of you to spend my last hour, we will be holding a Hyakki Yagyou as my farewell party”

Tsuki took her four Shikigami seal paper and throw it into the air summoning four youkais, a black dog surrounded in black mist Inugami, a white young woman in blue kimono Yuki-onna, A red gigantic monster Oni, and A human with a crow wings using red mask Tengu.

“Inugami, Yuki, Oni, and Tengu from now on I hereby declare that your duty as my shikigami has ended.”

The thrown paper burned with blue flames indicating their contract has ended.

“Why you do this Tsuki-sama? We will always follow you until the end.”

Hearing Yuki’s word, Tengu kneel in front of Tsuki, “Allow us to follow you until the end Tsuki sama!”

Inugami throw his face, “Hmph!”

Oni sat down on the ground feeling sad.

Unlike the other Onmyouji, Tsuki doesn’t purge the youkai, if they cause problem but she will find another way treating them with full concern, kindness, compassion and love.

The Youkai called her as Princess of the Youkai.

Cling!

“Everyone please don’t feel sad, I want tonight be a festive night!”

She patted Kitsune head, “Kitsune please…”

“alright Tsuki-sama.”

Kitsune who is sitting beside Tsuki transform into her human form, a young girl in white yukata with cherry blossom pattern holding a black fan covering her face.

She flies into the middle of the horde and start dancing skilfully using her fan swaying her body gracefully left and right grabbing the attention of the youkai.

Cling!

Cling!

Gradually the sad atmosphere disappeared from the face of the youkais.

 “Tengu!”

“Hai! Tsuki-sama”

“You know what to do?”

Tengu fly beside the dancing Kitsune summoning his sangen (three stringed tradional Japanese guitar-alike).

The sound of the sangen matching with the Kitsune dance changing the atmosphere.

The situation slowly getting lively, the small youkai also started dancing and followed by the other youkai.

Four hitotsume-kozo (one eyed youkai in a child body) carrying a red zabuton (floor pillow) approached Tsuki.

“Tsuki-sama, please sit on this zabuton!”

“This Zabuton is made from silk Tsuki-sama, a beautiful silk just like Tsuki-sama.”

“Beautiful Tsuki-sama!”

“Hurray, beautiful Tsuki sama!”

Tsuki giggled and smiled, “Thanks for the flattery, well then excuse me.”

The four Hitotsume-kozo walk away happily giggling with their childish tone.

“Tsuki sama is smilling.”

“She like it!”

“Tsuki sama is happy.”

“Tsuki-sama~ Tsuki-sama~.”

Sitting on top of the red zabuton Tsuki looking in all direction she feels glad that all the youkais is no longer sad, she knew that the youkai loved her so much.

She also feels a little bit guilty making friends with the youkai since human life is short while a youkai can live for a thousand years and with this hyakki yagyou being held her feeling of guilt dissipate.

Cling!

Tsuki commanded “Oboroguruma!”

A red wooden royal carriage surrounded in black mist pulled by a huge faced ox appeared.

“Tsuki-sama, I’ll take the honor to lead this parade.”

“Thank you, Oboroguruma.”

Flying with the red zabuton Tsuki sit on the foremost part of the carriage followed by Inugami in his human form on her left side and Yuki on her right side.

The parade of Hyakki Yagyou started, with Oboroguruma carrying Yuki on the front followed by Kitsune and Tengu, then all other youkai on the back making a row of thousand youkai.

The moon shining brightly as the thousand rows of youkai conquered the sky.

==================================================================

Right before the Hyakki Yagyou, spiritual realm of Abe no Tsuki

Kitsune, Yuki, Inugami, Oni, and Tengu sitting in a circle.

Inugami in his human form, a middle-aged man holding a tabaco pipe in black yukata, puffed his smoke, “Kitsune did you really want to do this?”

“You are a Kitsune-gami why you want to do this you could live freely if she dies right? Why bother doing this?”

Kitsune concerned face disappeared she already strengthen her resolve, “I’m not backing down.”

Yuki who have been crying the entire time stopped her cry staring blankly, “together with Tsuki-sama…”

Oni is just sit down silently agreeing.

Tengu also nodded.

“Now we need your strength Inugami to execute the plan.”

Inugami sighed, “Sigh…, I’m kind of a free spirited being but since my name is in the book of friendship, I can’t do any mischief anymore.”

“I will agree with the plan but don’t blame me if we make Tsuki-sama even sadder.”

==================================================================

Present time, Hyakki Yagyou.

Inugami the middle-aged man holding his tabaco pipe, have been staring right into Tsuki for so long, Is this really Tsuki-sama? Is she even a human? Nonono this is not human, this is a goddess, sorry Kitsune I think I can’t do this.

But I can’t giveup.

Having the contract seal of shikigami lifted, Inugami can use his power on her master, trying to find Tsuki inner desire and regret, what he saw inside Tsuki’s heart was a bright shining light without a single speck of stain, and he never see this on any human.

Inugami frowned, he can’t rely on his power.

He keep thinking and thinking on how to make Tsuki-sama having regret in her life so that she can reincarnate just like what Kitsune suggested.

Shikigami suddenly have an idea.

He remembered that Tsuki-sama is always alone and never having a friend of the same age, but even though she is lonely she never feel sad an keep doing her job as the last descendant of Abe no Seimei diligently travelling around the world. Inugami sighed What a very responsible person.

Also, Tsuki-sama never have any love interest she never get close to any outsider outside of the Abe clan and most of Abe clan member is old man and woman.

Inugami grinned, Yes, yes… maybe I can do this.

If he can’t find it from inside her heart, maybe do it from the outside? Sigh this girl is so pure, she is more than a maiden.

I need to act fast or if this continue her soul won’t be reincarnated.

Inugami tried to catch Tsuki-sama attention, “Uhm, Tsuki-sama.”

Tsuki who have been staring into the stars in the night sky blankly waiting for her demise reminiscing about the past, suddenly caught back into reality.

“Yes, Inugami?”

“Tsuki-sama, do you ever feel about falling in love?”

“Umm, yes I do love all of you, what is wrong?”

“I mean not that kind of love Tsuki-sama.”

“Then?”

Inugami sighed, “Did you know the term of chrsitmas cake?”

“umm christmass cake? Oh yeah when I go to the clan gathering last year commanded by the patriarch of the clan, some girl calling me christmass cake, it’s because I’m a sweet and pretty girl right?”

Something is wrong with this girl, how strict the Abe clan actually?

No wait if Abe clan actually permitted her to go and socialize with other person outside of the clan, then there is only one answer!

She knew that she is a pretty girl, I will admit as a human Tsuki-sama is beyond average, but why does she is so dense? I believe so many guys approached her when she is this pretty.

“Let me tell you a story, about a girl trapped in a demon castle”

“How weak is that girl, I will just punch the demon.”

“Just listen Tsuki-sama!”

Inugami start describing the story about a princess kidnapped by a demon and then a handsome prince rescued the princess, also how it ended with a kiss, and they live happily ever after.

“I mean that kind of love Tsuki-sama”

“Ki—kiki—kisss ??!!”

Inugami nodded.

Tsuki white pale skin suddenly blushed red, a hot white steam can be seen on top of her head.

“It’s a pity that tsuki-sama is soon die and she doesn’t know what’s love.”

“Also, for the christmass cake it is a term used for an unwanted girl.”

Tsuki come into a realization, she’s been wasting or rather dedicated her entire life for youkai, youkai, and youkai.

Having the thought that she already fulfilled her duty as the last descendant of Abe no Seimei to protect the underworld from dangerous being so she can die happily without any burden in her mind.

Tsuki started to feel sad but then Yuki comforted her patting her head.

As a Yuki-onna who is a youkai embodiment of a betrayed girl by a man she wanted to argue with Inugami, but because this is part of Kitsune plan she choose to keep silent.

“Tsuki-sama did you know how bab—”

Yuki halted inugami mouth with her hand “Stop! Enough look at what you did to Tsuki-sama!”

Honestly Tsuki-sama is in her thirties right, what in the world?!

He sighed inside his mind.

Although I have been sealed for centuries abused by the humans until Tsuki-sama saved me, I know about human affair.

Inugami activated his power once again, he saw a little dark dot that gradually grow bigger in Tsuki-sama heart.

Mission complete, I think.

The Hyakki Yagyou continues but with Tsuki starring into the ground, reminiscing about her act in the past that actually embarrassing.

On the back of Oboroguruma Kitsune whispered, “Thank you Inugami, that’s enough for me.”

==================================================================

Hospital room.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep……………..

The sleeping Tsuki took her last breath.

A hitodama coming out from her body flying high leaving the hospital building.

The Hyakki Yagyou watched the hitodama flying high into the sky on top of the hospital waiting for their master departure.

Kitsune flying into the front of the Hyakki Yagyou shouted, “If you want to follow Tsuki-sama, then follow me!”

All of the youkai shocked by Kitsune words.

But everyone is agreed, their happy life is granted by Tsuki-sama, if there’s no Tsuki-sama they don’t know what to do anymore.

Kitsune on her human form transformed into her nine tailed fox form, a majestic being, a white furred fox with a nine-tail decorated in blue flame.

With high speed Kitsune bringing the entire Hyakki Yagyou behind her back using all of her might following her master hitodama.

After she reached her master hitodama, she assimilated the Hyakki Yagyou into the hitodama sacrificing three of her tails.

Because she also doesn’t want her master to forget about the youkai and their memories together, Kitsune sacrificed her five tails.

The hitodama soon arrived in the River of Souls waiting it’s turn to get reincarnated.

==================================================================

The full moon shining brightly on top of Konohagakure night sky.

A girl is panting and moaning sound can be heard from a hospital.

Accompanied by a team of kunoichi doctor, some which putting their hand on top of the girl bellies emanating a green light.

A phenomenon which soon cause a life to be born.

After a while a loud cry can be heard, a smile appeared on the face of everyone present on the room. A doctor holding a baby on her hands.

The doctor then wrapping the baby with a towel and putting it inside an incubator, then hovering her hands emanating a green light.

Her husband kissed the girl forehead, “Thank you Touko.”

Touko chukled “Hmm, Shigeru-san…, please call me Oka-san now.”

Shigeru relieved because his wife can make a joke after delivering a baby indicating that she’s fine, he pinched her cheek and kissed his wife forehead once again.

Touko mumbled “Moo, Shigeru san…”

The doctor approached the happy couple holding the baby, “congratulation it’s a healthy baby girl.”

Having to hold her baby in her hands, tears dripping from her eyes.

The baby fully resembled her mother, a baby girl with redish brown hair.

“Shigeru-san, what name should we give our baby girl?”

Shigeru looking outside the window seeing the full moon shining brightly, “Let’s call her Tsuki.”

==================================================================

7