CH -> 1 : Me and the witch [1]
277 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch(1)

The wicked glowing eyes brought with them a swarm of memories inside Hilda's brain.

Hilda: aaaaaaaaaahhh!

Alongside the rush of memories came an intense headache. Red veins popped in Hilda's eyes, holding her thumping head she fell down on the ground, squirming around, just wishing for the pain to be over when suddenly her body gave out and she went unconscious again.

Tenebria: haaaahhh...what is wrong with me? Should have just left her in the forest...well, my kindness and selflessness terrify even the humble me. 

While bragging to herself, Tenebria walked up to the limp body of the naked girl, picking her up, and *THUMP!* threw her roughly onto the bed, setting a pristine example for how now to treat an injured body but still she ensured to cover her body with the blanket before leaving.

Tenebria: time to sleep again, oh kind tenebria, hahahaha....

***

In the state of deep slumber, Hilda's new memories organized themselves, piecing together the bits of the fragmented memory before the entire situation became clear.

I see, so I have transferred to this body somehow.

...

Wait, what?.....how can I talk to myself while I'm sleeping

It indeed was strange, Hilda's physical body was currently lying on the bed unmoving, but her inner self remained conscious, able to think and contemplate on stuff even while sleeping. Immediately one thing became clear to her, she wasn't a normal human anymore. She was now a

Witch

Then the memories of this body are.......real...

Hilda Caroline Alberta was the name of the original owner of this body.

Raised in the royal family of the nearby kingdom, as a 4th princess, her claim as the future wife of the king was not very promising and due to one very prominent reason, she was kept away from the royal politics and lived her life laying low. 

She and her mother didn't disturb or interrupt anyone, they just lived quietly inside the castle, in peace and joy.

Days of comfort continued until the age of 15, when suddenly Hilda's life turned upside down.

The significant reason for her to not take part in the royal infighting was simple.

Hilda was born a Witch.

The only people to know about her identity were her mother and the king.

Witches being considered a sin of god, the taboo and discrimination against them was very prominent in the kingdom. News of the royal family raising a witch would have caused civil unrest, damaging the king's reputation and for the snakes inside the castle to immediately dispose of her.

Thus they decided to keep her identity a secret and raised her like a normal human girl.

Their plan went smoothly for 15 years, when suddenly on Hilda's 15th birthday, her eyes glowed scarlet red in front of everyone at her birthday party.

The reason? 

Hilda didn't know, the only thing she remembers clearly before the downfall was the rush of bloodlust that was flowing through her veins that day.

After that her memories became vague, the only things Hilda could see in the fragments were the king's regretful face and her mother's tears.

When she came to consciousness again, she was now, here, bruised and on the bed of some stranger.

***

Having the gist of her current situation, calmed Hilda's heart a bit and she opened her eyes.

Getting up from the bed she walked in front of the mirror again, the wooden floor creaking

It's an old house

Seeing her entire self in the mirror, she was shocked again at how similar the body looked compared to her own now that the eyes were back to normal. The only difference remaining was the bruises all over, leaving a very sour taste in her mouth.

All this was likely done by the owner's family after the identity was revealed, but why the fuck are witches looked down upon?

In the memories, the only thing taught was that witches are an evil and bad omen, but why? there were no memories of that

I guess the family indoctrinated the owner pretty hard. Her sense of self-worth was nearly non-existent, no shit she would burst out one day, but I guess the timing of that burst was pretty bad.

Hilda: Now what should 'I' do?

Hilda: Oh, that's right, What was that goth's name again? tena..temma..something? I should look for her

Having decided on what to do, for now, Hilda walked out of the door and stepped into a small hall. Opposite her room there was one another room, locked. Beside that were stairs leading downstairs. 

Carefully, she set foot on the stairs, each step producing an annoying creak.

What a shit house

Reaching downstairs, she saw three rooms, one was the bathroom, the other was the kitchen and the last one was the living room.

A small rustic home.

In the living room, Hilda heard loud sounds of snoring, with calculated steps she went near the source and on the sofa found the goth that had supposedly rescued her, sleeping with saliva drooling from her mouth.

pfft

This lightened her heavy mood and for the first time, she carefully looked at the goth.

Slightly tan face, somewhat almond eyes, and a small nose, roughly 5'6 to 5'5 ft in height.

Not a supermodel beauty but certainly pretty

Unconsciously, she moved her hand forward to touch the goth's face, when suddenly

*eeeek!!*

the goth's hand moved and grasped firmly around Hilda's reaching arm.

Tenebria: Stupid naked girl, it's not ladylike to touch your saviors face like that.

Hilda: Wh-what ladylike?! you were droo-hiiiiiiiiiiii!!

suddenly a sharp pain traveled through Hilda's body, looking down she saw her held arm being twisted ruthlessly by the goth

Tenebria: I was what?

Hilda: NOTHING! NOTHING! STOP TWISTING IT YOU FUCK!! BITCH!!!

Surprised, tenebria let go of her hands, her eyes wide open

Tenebria: My, my, what a rotten tongue for someone so young, no wonder they beat you up and left you to rot in that forest.

No sensibility in this woman!!

Hilda: How do you know, someone did this to me?

Tenebria: Hmmm, so like the tongue the brain is also rotted, my, what a poor girl

Hearing constant insults caused veins to pop on Hilda's forehead, she wanted to punch this stupid goth on the face but her body refused to listen, the pain still lingering from all the bruises

Tenebria: Don't be so mad now young one, it's common sense, the only animal capable of leaving such bruises on someone's beautiful skin is called a human. The species that never learns

Hilda: What do you mean by 'that species'? Aren't we part of them too.

Tenebria: huh? what do you mea.....ahhhh, I seeeee, so that's the situation we are in

Suddenly Tenebria busted out in laughter, tears of joy dripping from her eyes, scarring Hilda to step back a bit.

bitch's crazy too?

But to Hilda's surprise, out of nowhere Tenebria jerked her body up from the sofa and roughly pulled Hilda towards herself. 

Confused as to what was happening, Hilda closed her eyes, when suddenly she felt a sharp cold from her stomach.

Surprised, Hilda opened her eyes and looked at the smiling and giddy goth, her eyes directing Hilda to look down.

Hilda followed the goth's gaze and saw a sharp knife piercing her naked stomach.

Words refused to formulate inside Hilda in light of this sudden, out-of-nowhere situation.

what......why?.....huh? HUH!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!!!!!!

Hilda: Oi! why is my blood light purple?!!

To Hilda's shock, the blood oozing out of her wasn't the expected red she was awfully familiar with, but instead a totally different color, the original owner had no memories of such a thing.

Even for the original owner, the blood during periods was defiantly red, and not light purple.

Another shocking thing that Hilda realized was that, despite being stabbed, she still had full control over her body, she was not feeling weak nor losing any consciousness. 

Having died once, she was awfully familiar with the feeling but right now that feeling was nowhere.

Twisting the blade in a little deeper, the goth pulled the blade out, spewing a little blood on the floor.

Raising her head, she looked with puzzled eyes at the goth, prompting her to answer immediately or else

Hilda: H-h-how.....?

Tenebria: mm, no wonder you thought we and humans are in the same category of species. I guess, to protect you, your parents didn't tell you?

Seeing the goth talking to herself and not explaining the situation, ticked Hilda's brain

Hilda: Would you for fuck sake stop mumbling and explain THIS! TO!! MEEE!!!

her each word getting louder and louder as she pointed towards the stomach, the deep stab wound now being healed right in front of her eyes.

Hearing the loud scream, the goth jumped a little in scare.

Tenebria: Alright, alright, stop shouting young lady, so unladylike. Jeez, no respect for your saviors in today's children. See, tenebria, this is what you get for your super helpful nature, oh my...

Being glared at sharply by Hilda, the goth felt daggers piercing her body, she sighed loudly, making sure it would be heard clearly by Hilda, and finally explained

Tenebria: Stupid girl, a witch turning 15 is a very critical part of her life, it is at this age that humans and witches start to fall into different categories. You can call it coming of age or something like that, and so-

Tenebria explained how at 15, a witch's blood turns from red to light purple. It signifies their ability to now feel and gather the magical energy all around.

It's also when a witch first experiences bloodlust, an intense lust to destroy things, signifying the somewhat immortality they receive because of newfound super-healing.

the shit's just like a fantasy game thought Hilda as she listened carefully

Hilda: Then why are 'these' wounds and bruises still here? why don't they heal?

Tenebria: I found you lying nearly dead in the forest, the reason you came to that state was that whoever is responsible for this did a ritual on you. A famous ritual that is capable of fully killing a witch, despite her healing abilities. Normally you should have been dead the moment I found you in the forest, but by some miracle, here you are, these wounds caused by ritual will heal themselves naturally, so no need to worry about that

Hilda: I see...

It was not a miracle, guess the original owner really died from this ritual thingy, so that's why I transferred to this body? but for what purpose? why?

Tenebria: So? who the perpetrator? Your great savior deserves to know at least that much, right?

Hilda: You!!

Tenebria: It's not 'You' brat. Call me the great witch Tenebria, anything else and I will cut you in half, not like it will matter though hahahaha!! oh, you are hilarious tenebria

ghh! what an annoying bitch. But still, she did bring me back from that forest and took care of me, so she may not be that bad. 

Still, some screws are seriously loose in her head, who stabs someone just to prove a point?!!!

But...I guess I wouldn't have believed otherwise

Now though, what's in it for her to take me and heal me? She can't be selfless like she's portraying herself to be, everyone has some selfish reason for doing something

Tenebria: So? young lady? I can guess why someone did the ritual to you, so tell me, who is this someone?

Hilda: ....The royal f-family of the nearby kingdom

Let's see how she behaves now, she now must feel small compared to my status of a queen

Tenebria: Hmm, so that king raised a witch, what a fat hypocrite, that shitty hippo of a king, humans really are despicable. But meh, nothing we can do to them, now can we brat

yeah....no change in her speech or attitude.

Also, IM NOT A KID! IM 21 YEARS OLD WOMEN!!! 

ugh, mentally at least.

Hilda: What will you do with me now? I'm a or was a princess I guess, so are you going to turn me in for money?

Suddenly Tenebria busted out in laughter

Tenebria: OHHhhhh! nice joke, nice joke, hahahahha!! But NA, NA, I told you didn't I? We and that shithead species are different, our values are different, I don't care one bit to meddle in human's business, as for you, since you are a fellow witch who has just come of age, why not stay with me? I will teach you the ropes, not like you have anyone waiting for you outside any way you lonely girl, hahahaha, or you can just leave now and do whatever too, I guess.

Her way of speaking pisses me off, but I guess she's not wrong. My family thinks I'm dead, this body's owner wasn't close with anyone but her mother.

Still, staying with this goth... she's definitely planning something in order to take advantage of me.

But, she's the only one who knows my situation so I guess...

Hilda: I wish to stay here until I find something to do with life now

Tenebria: Purpose neh... Well that's perfect, you can find purpose in life alongside me. Mmmm...maybe that's why on a whim I took her in...

Hilda: huh? what did you say?

Tenebria: Na, nothing for you tiny brain to worry about, well anyways, My name is the great witch TENEBRIA, the bath is over there, wash yourself, I don't like smelly kids. Now shooo, shoo, go, let the great me sleep.

this bitch....

and so a girl with peculiar circumstances starts her life with the great witch

7