CH -> 2: Me and the Witch(2)
189 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch(2)

A month went by in a breeze as the two started living under the same roof. During which Hilda grew somewhat familiar with Tenebria but also understood the situation they were living under.

On their very first night, Hilda's eyes glowed again. But she was surprised to see that Tenebria, despite being a witch like herself doesn't have glowing eyes.

Being asked the reason, Tenebria pulled out a potion bottle from the drawer in the kitchen. 

It was an oval-shaped bottle and inside it was dark green liquid.

Tenebria: Drink it, I made it sweet

doubtful at first, but with consistent nagging by Tenebria, Hilda took the potion and emptied it in seconds.

Feeling nothing special happening, she threw suspicious eyes towards the witch, she told her to look in the mirror.

The results revealed themselves to Hilda

Her eyes were now back to normal black

Tenebria: It's a potion I have created that allows me to live among these humans, don't tell it to anyone, especially other witches

Hilda: What do you mean? Wouldn't this invention of yours be a blessing for fellow witches?

Tenebria: I said no telling, that means NO. TELLING. THE. SECRET.

It was the first time, Hilda saw the super laid-back Tenebria show such a cold tone, her face devoid of any emotion, telling Hilda that she was really serious about this. Hilda instincts told her to comply with her terms, else things will defiantly not go so great for her.

Being very familiar with this feeling she was having, chilled her very core. 

Thus she nodded.

***

Tenebria's wooden rustic house is located in a village, whose back is covered with dense forest, and the front has the main highway leading to the nearby kingdom, used mainly by the merchants as a trading route.

With farming being the main occupation of the village's people, most here live in a self-sustained manner and sell the harvest to the merchants or some go to the kingdom to set up weekly shops.

Amongst this fairly simple and ordinary village lives not so ordinary Tenebria, hiding amongst the human villagers as a widow.

A few years ago, her coming to the village took everyone there by surprise, what was such a beauty doing at their small village? There lived no noble here, nor was this a place of sightseeing. 

She introduced herself as the widow of the man who used to live here, and now to live a life in the countryside she has come to reside in her late husband's residence here. Certainly, there was an old creepy house here that has been abandoned for the past few months, as the owner of it went to live in the kingdom

Villager1: Lium died? but how? he was so healthy when he left...

Villager2: He never told us about any WIFE!!

Hearing the villagers questions, a sea of tears erupted from Tenebria's eyes, crouching down, looking weak and pitiful she spoke with broken words 

Tenebria: d-d-dear *muff* stabbed .... *fmmmm* someone.... oh god! how *khhh* so cruel *whimper*

Seeing beauty in such a cruel state, strung the heartstring of men and spoke words to comfort the beauty, some women not having the courage to speak in front of their husbands but throwing mocking looks at the beauty while others sympathized with her misery.

While spewing more tears, Tenebria started living amongst the villagers.

When Hilda learned about this situation, she didn't let this chance of spewing poison at her let go

Hilda: hmph! what a load of horseshit, these people actually believed your awful acting?

and did this man named Lium really got stabbed as she's saying? 

Sitting across from Tenebria on the dining table she asked as she finished her soup, pointing the wet spoon towards the storyteller.

Tenebria frowned and with a single tear falling from her dry eyes she spoke

Tenebria: Wh-what could you *groan* ... acting? *sob* my husband dies and you *snivel* so insensi--HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!  ohhhh, sorry sorry!! ohohoho!!

*CLINK!*

Tenebria: ow! that hurt you know, what a violent lady, uff.

Fed up with her antics, Hilda threw the silver spoon at full force towards Tenebria's forehead.

Naturally, it missed and didn't hit her at all.

Hilda staring daggers at the actress

Tenebria: See? aren't I a great performer?

Reaching her limit, Hilda stormed out of the room and locked herself inside her room upstairs

Tenebria: mmm, maybe I went a little overboard? I should go and apologize but meh, too troublesome.

*THUNK*

The sudden loud sound flinching Tenebria a bit as small dust from the ceiling fell down onto her soup

Tenebria: my dinner...

and thus the day ended.

***

During the month, she also introduced the villagers to Hilda. The story of the unexpected guest in their village being that she's the niece of Tenebria, who has come to live with her lovely and lonely aunt for some time.

Seeing the innocent faces of the villagers as both of them spewed lies in front of their faces, filled Hilda with somewhat of a guilty feeling.

Not being able to keep the awful feeling inside she decided to confide in the only person she knew since coming to this world

At night, with a somewhat sullen face, she entered Tenebria's room which was opposite of her own.

Tenebria seeing the sudden intrusion, wanted to lash out at the girl for ruining her sleep but seeing the gloomy air around the her she decided not to

Tenebria: Now this is a surprise, so even someone as hot-tempered as you is capable of sadness.

Hilda: shut up...

Tenebria: sssss, oops, really not in the mood huh. Well come sit beside me, I can at least allow you to speak the matter

prompted tenebria as she lightly patted the edge of her bed.

Surprised at seeing the witch's somewhat tender side, flustered Hilda a bit. Slowly she walked forward

So she can be nice too

Tenebria: Stupid turtle, walk fast. I don't have all night to give to you.

Hilda: hahhhh...never mind

Tenebria: huh?

Hilda: nothing, nothing.

The gloomy atmosphere lifting around Hilda, she casually laid on the bed alongside Tenebria

Tenebria: oi, I don't remember giving you the permission to lay down here. I just told you to sit.

Sighing, Hilda stretched her body and inched closer to Tenebria, their shoulders touching.

Tenebria was surprised at the sudden intimacy but decided to allow the transgression into her private space.

Laying on the bed, side by side, looking up at the rustic ceiling, a very comfortable and calm air surrounded them.

In a soft and gentle voice, unheard from her before, Tenebria spoke

Tenebria: So?

Hilda: Today didn't feel nice or good when we threw lies after lies about ourselves in front of those villagers, them looking at us with those clueless and innocent eyes...I guess just hit me.

Tenebria: I see.... but those are unnecessary feelings, you should try to get rid of them soon, these types of emotions will only hinder your decisions

hmm, isn't she speaking like some villainous?

Hilda: Then what about you, how did you manage to get rid of these emotions?

Tenebria: I had to, life doesn't give many choices to a witch living among humans.

Hilda wondered what sort of face Tenebria was making, was it cold, was it sad or was it filled with smiles as usual? 

Curious she certainly was, but she decided to keep it under the wraps.

Hilda: Do you regret that you 'had to' forgo these sorts of emotions?

Tenebria: ...

Silence once again filled the room.

Both of them closed their eyes, and just surrendered themselves to the subtle serenity.

Hilda doesn't remember when was the last time she felt this calm and comfortable. 

With stress eating away at her body in her previous life, she didn't have much time to actually live. Constantly working part times, trying to make something out of her life, the continuous source of tension from all around, exhausted her entire being.

Thus this moment of silence, just lying beside someone, comfortable and at peace, filled her heart with some warmth.

Hilda knew she was selfish and not a good person for thinking of her weak sister as a source of stress, but now that she didn't have to look after her wellbeing anymore she realized

In the back of my mind, I always viewed her as a nuisance...I guess that's why I abandoned her so easily without a second thought

How can a despicable person like me feel bad for lying to those villagers?

haaaahhh...no use racking my brain around it.

But there was one thing she knew for certain, and she didn't hesitate to voice that certainty to certain someone

Hilda: Thank you

Tenebria: hmm? oh well, no problem. Just be more respectful of the great me from now on and you shall call me Miss Tenebria going forward.

Hilda: yeah, yeah...

what a silly woman

A harmonious smile resting on her face

......

......

......

Tenebria: Now, tell me who you really are, oh supposedly 'princess'

and the tranquil air was broken

Panic surfaced on Hilda's face and she turned her head to look towards Tenebria who was still just facing upwards with a smile.

Quickly, Hilda tried to pull away from the bed but unfortunately was too slow as Tenebria quickly pressed her down beneath her.

Tenebria's hands locked Hilda's arms onto the bead and the lock from her legs made Hilda unable to struggle.

Both of them staring deep into each other's eyes. One's eyes filled with panic while the other's eyes conveying it to Hilda that lying is not an option.

Slowly Tenebria brought her smiling face down, their noses just centimeters away from touching

Hilda gulped, her heart racing at unimaginable speed

Tenebria: You tell me your parents betrayed you as they performed the ritual on you, left you to rot in the forest, and in the aftermath of all this you don't even shed a single tear? PRINCESS, unless you are a really really reallllllllly!! a crazy person, which doesn't seem to be the case, explain just one thing to me.

shit, shit, shit!!

Tenebria: How can a 15 years old princess who has lived her entire life without any major problems have such an outstanding emotional strength? That she doesn't even show any remorse or hatred or even tears towards the ones she was so close to and act with such maturity that should be so beyond her age?

*gulp*

it's over

Hello! This is my first novel so I hope it's somewhat enjoyable to read and continue showing interest in it.

If any feedback or tips, please feel free to point them.

The schedule is 1/2 chapters per day, or at least I hoped so in my mind.

Again, Thanks a lot for reading!

12