CH -> 3: Me and the Witch(3)
168 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch(3)

Being asked by Tenebria's domineering eyes and all the doors to escape being closed shut firmly by her, Hilda had no choice but, to tell the truth, even if it seemed impossible to believe.

Hilda: Well...to tell you the truth--

and thus she revealed everything, recounting the events of her rebirth. Starting from her life in this other world, dying there and then being transported to this body which looked awfully similar to her, and the memories of the body's original owner that came crashing through.

She bore herself naked.

Tenebria: uhuh...

her eyes showed extreme skepticism like she's looking at some pathological liar, but the story Hilda told seemed too outlandish, too unrealistic that it made her wonder why tell such a stupid story in the first place?

She could have told some easily believable story but instead, she spoke something so extreme in nature that it might as well be true.

Also, she could hear the sincerity with which Hilda was speaking, and not even for a second did she take her eyes off tenebria, thus she's either a performer even better than she, or she's actually speaking the truth.

If she decides to believe her story, then that would also explain how a 15-year-old girl can act so mature and show no feelings towards her backstabbing parents.

Hilda: I know it sounds like gibberish and I may-NO DEFINITELY, sound like an insane person, but these are the facts and you can see why I didn't tell you about this.

That is also very true thought Tenebria as she released Hilda from her lock and pushed herself away from her.

Being finally freed, Hilda's heart started calming down but now a new tension rising in her body, what would tenebria do now? did she believe it? what is the witch going to say?

A few minutes passed and Hilda didn't hear any response, anxiety welled up and she opened her mouth

Hilda: uhmm....so what do yo-mmmmmmm!!!!

Before Hilda could finish her words, Tenebria's lightning palms shut down her mouth.

Tenebriashhhh, just sleep. If I don't get my beauty sleep, you will be the one to face the wrath.

Hilda: ...

Not like she could even speak as Tenebria's palm blocked her mouth.

Seeing her palm still not moving as some time passed, Hilda's eyes grew blurry and in a fit of the moment, revealed her tongue and licked Tenebria's palm wet.

Suddenly feeling a wet sensation on her palm, Tenebria quickly moved her hand away, quickly turning her head left to look at the perpetrator with shocked eyes.

The criminal, turning her head away, trying to calm her heavy breathing as a tiny blush away from Tenebria's vision appeared on her cheeks.

fuck! fuck! fuck! oh god, just kill me now. She's looking, she looking, Hilda you stupid bitch!!

Tenebria: Definitely not a child...

mumbled tenebria in a low voice, as she rested her face again on the pillow and closed her eyes, as the other party was thinking of ways to die from shame.

***

Things went back to normal, the indecent incident being never spoken again by either party. 

A few more months passed and seasons changed from fall to winter.

The village's location is far away from the mountains, allowing the villagers the luxury of not worrying about snow, as the only thing that changed for them was the somewhat cold weather.

Here not many were affected by the change, except for a certain boastful and lazy witch.

Tenebria: *ACHOO!* aaaaaaa....*sniff*...help *ACHOO!* me... Hil... 

eyes slightly open, nose pinkish red, arms dangling in the air as the poor soul called for the help of her trusted roommate.

Arms crossed, looking down with scrutinizing gaze, with a hint of mockery and disbelief spoke Hilda

Hilda: You know it's just a common cold, stop acting like it's your death bed. Aren't you like a great and powerful witch?

though her words were cold and full of spite, she still continued feeding Tenebria the hot soup she made. Little by little, scooping out some soup with her spoon and carefully put it near Tenebria's lips for her to drink.

Tenebria: *snort* yeah...unlike *sniff* Hil who has no *ACHOO!* talent for magic...hahahaha-OUCH!....ah jeez...*ACHOO!*

Taking the spoon away from her mouth, Hilda closed her fist and brought the anger with it down upon Tenebria's legs, the making also making a loud creak from the impact.

Tenebria: Beating even a *sniff* unwell person, Hil's temper is still bad...

Hilda: Shut up! EAT. QUIETLY.

Seeing another fist lingering over her stomach and the spoon slowly moving away from her mouth, Tenebria gulped down her saliva and stayed quiet for the rest of the day

***

The next day, Hilda went outside to get some groceries for the house.

Sighing loudly, she thought upon the words Tenebria said yesterday

'No talent for magic'

thinking about which, she exclaimed silently. 

While learning about magic from Tenebria, both of them discovered a shocking truth. 

Hilda despite being a witch couldn't use magic. She could feel the magical energy all around her but for some reason, she couldn't channel that energy through her.

Despite trying for several weeks, it produced zero results.

Tenebria hypothesized that, since her soul is not of this world but her body is, this difference may be causing some complications for her to channel this magical energy.

 Thus except for the benefits that came with the body of a witch, they decided to give up on the idea of learning magic.

Hilda felt depressed about it for the first few days but she eventually got over it, to the point where Tenebria could now make fun of her for it and see the normal Hilda, not the depressed one.

While thinking about this and various other things, Hilda reached the grocery shop. 

She picked some vegetables, meat, and dairy products. Paying the owner with bronze coins. 

Outside the shop, she celebrated again on a certain anomaly.

How does Tenebria earn all her money?

The witch lazes around inside the house all day, poking fun of and teasing Hilda on her somewhat energetic days. The only time she steps outside the house is when going shopping, and also every weekend.

Later being the source of suspicion for Hilda. Every weekend Tenebria would leave the house early morning and then come back at midnight.

When asked what she does, Tenebria just smiles and says not to worry about it. Which does the opposite effect and makes Hilda worry even more.

Since she doesn't talk about it, what she does definitely can't be anything a standup and an honest living person does. Something suspicious and not heroic, those were the facts and Hilda knew this much.

But despite knowing all this, she still continued to stay at that house. 

If she wanted to, Hilda could escape right at this very moment. She's outside, has money and the witch is sick at home, unable to move. Contrary to her thoughts, she still continued moving forward, towards the witch's house, her heart worried about Tenebria's health.

Did she eat the bread I left for her?

Is her fever getting high?

Is she uncomfortable?

Is she feeling alright?

These feelings of worry and anxiety, deep down she knew what it meant, but her fear of the unknown kept her from acknowledging them or putting them in actual words.

This was a different world, people here were different, their beliefs different from her own modern ones.

What if Tenebria found it creepy? disgusting? or worse it made her uncomfortable and she tells her to leave the house?

Though Tenebria didn't show any sign of contempt when in the heat of the moment she accidentally licked her palms. Tenebria still continued talking normally to her, but their intimacy with each other grew.

Maybe she was just overthinking, No, she definitely was, this she knew deep down, the only thing she lacked was courage. This peaceful, stress-free, and calm life she's able to live because of Tenebria, she didn't have the guts to disturb it.

Thinking about all kinds of stuff, she stood outside the house.

Putting a hand on her heart

she exclaimed loudly

opening the door to the witch's den.

...

devoid of her attention, someone starting at Hilda from afar as she left the world outside.

Had to urgently complete some collage work I kept putting back. But now that's complete so back to or trying to do 1 chapter per day. Hope for your continued reading support.

11