CH -> 4: Me and the Witch(4)
168 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch(4)

As the weather grew colder, a new problem started taking its roots in Hilda's life.

The problem of a persistent follower.

One day while coming back from grocery shopping, some kids whom Hilda approximated to be near 15-16 blocked her path. 

The kids started throwing jabs at her, indulging themselves in petty harmless bullying, hopping for the girl to start crying and call for help.

unbeknownst to them though, Hilda only looked 15 physically, mentally she was a 21-year-old woman who had lived quite a harsh and self-dependent life. Seeing the kids trying to poke fun of her, she couldn't feel any anger nor could she feel sad.

The only thing she could do was sigh internally and walk away, ignoring the little troublemakers.

A 15 year old girl acting so nonchalant was sure to surprise the villagers witnessing the scene, but she as an adult couldn't bring herself down to the level of some children's pastime activity.

She stepped forward, preparing to leave the loud noises behind but then out of the side alley appeared a hero. 

The hero grabbed the damsel's hands and stood in front of her, shielding the damsel from the vile words of these hooligans. Looking at the criminals with enraged eyes, the hero spoke with a voice filled with compassion and justice, demanding for hooligans to leave the damsel alone.

Seeing the Hero's magnanimous aura startled the villains, running away in cries, and thus the hero looked back once again at the poor fair maiden he saved.

Expecting to see a face of worship and love, what the hero saw was a face overflowing with cringe.

oh god, the fuck did I just witness thought Hilda as she soothed her expression back to normal. 

Seeing a kid so much younger than her, holding her hand and looking at her with a cocky flirtatious smile made her entire body shudder.

Feeling the most uncomfortable she had ever felt in her 21 years of life

***

Tenebria: BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!!!! ohhhhh, noooo....ohohohohhahahaaaaaaa...so you ran away?

Seeing the only person she knows in this world laugh at her misery, definitely didn't prove to be helpful.

Pouting and with arms crossed, Hilda spoke

Hilda: Tenebria, this is no laughing matter! I am here feeling creeped out and here you are just laughing at my misery, hmph!

well...that was cute...thought Tenebria as her laughter ended and she started at Hilda's pouty rage.

Realizing her train of thought, Tenenria quickly cleared her throat and spoke

Tenebria: But why are you feeling uncomfortable about it, shouldn't a girl like you be infatuated after the "hero" saved you?

Disgust appeared on Hilda's face

Hilda: What do you mean? I may look to be his age but I'm 21 mentally you know.

Tenebria: and......?

Hilda looking at Tenebria like she just heard something completely unreal

Hilda: The fuck do you mean "AND"? it's just weird and I'm not a pe--....oh wait a second, yeahhh, that must be it

Realizing something crucial, Hilda slammed her first against the table.

Tenebria now used to her sudden acts of violence didn't flinch and continued speaking with sleepy eyes, her palms supporting her falling chin

Tenebria: what must be it?

Hilda: From where I come from, it's really creepy and weird for a 21 year old to flirt or hit on 15-16 old. But here-

Tenebria: Humans start looking for marriage partners for their children at 14, they are considered adults at 14 and start working

Being cut off like that didn't please Hilda and but she allowed the felony.

Hilda: ...yes. So now you feel my problem?

Tenebria: mhm, by the way, who was that "hero". Since you just ran away without even saying anything as he presented his play, he is sure to keep pestering you. I don't know about your world, but they don't give up easily here.

Hilda: oh god....just kill me...mmm, that I think was the village chief's son. We are in trouble now, aren't we?!

panicking started rising in Hilda's body

Tenebria: Excuse me, also I say this with the deepest of regrets and a really heavy heart but Hil, "we" are not in trouble, only "you" are in trouble, aren't "you".

Feeling disbelief at her housemate's response, Hilda slammed both her hands on the table. Quickly leaving the chair in a fit of rage, she approached Tenebria with heavy steps.

Sensing danger incoming, Tenebria prepared herself to run away but before she could do so, her dress's collar got grabbed by some surreal force.

Hilda's other hand grabbed Tenebria's cheeks, squishing them tight and jerking her face close towards her.

Their faces close once again, but this time around the domineering one being Hilda. 

Tenebria's cheeks started hurting, a swarm of sweat dripped down her forehead as she forced a smile on the face

Tenebria: H-hil, v-v-vi-violence doesn't suit you, haha... my t-tongue just slipped, I meant to say "we", "we" and "we" hehe.. my bad, you know how my tongue is, oh my so slippery haha

Hilda: ...

Seeing her eyes narrow even further, Tenebria's smile grew larger.

Clapping her hands, she started asking for forgiveness

Tenebria: please don't hit me, don't hit me, don't hit me, Hil wouldn't hit this pretty face right? right? I mean right?!

The answer was Hilda couldn't.

Seeing her panicky and pitiful face, Hilda loosened her grip on Tenebria's cheeks and let go of her dress's collar.

Hilda: mm, good.... also....so-sorry...

Tenebria: huh? can you repeat that again

The earlier sweat and panic were now nowhere to be seen on Tenebria's face like everything earlier was just an act. Instantly she got back to normal

Hilda: WHATEVER! GO DIE! LIKE I CARE!!!

Fuming she marched away, stepping on stairs and stomping back to her room

Tenebria: hahhh, Hil really is hot-headed. But well, I guess that's cute too, hohoho.

but chief's son neh...ignoring him and letting that boy be is sure to cause problems in future.

Hil's temper is fiery, she may end up doing something irreparable and regret it later.

***

That night, Tenebria was laying on her bed, her eyes wide awake.

Thinking about the problem at hand.

Since Hilda started living here, her heart had become warmer despite her resistance.

She thought she didn't want anything to do with these feelings anymore. Being worried for someone else, being enranged for someone's behalf, these emotions she thought to have left behind.

But now they were resurfacing.

Being cared for when sick, having someone to talk to when feeling alone. These feelings were nice to be felt.

Tenebria knew she was difficult as a person, she doesn't do much to attract feelings of fondness, rather doing everything in her power to make the other despise her.

But surprising to her, despite her attitude, Hilda still stayed around.

Hilda didn't judge her as she spoke of things not fit for an honest person. She just listened sincerely. 

Hilda shared her problems with her, threw fits at her, peeked at her chest thinking she couldn't see. 

It was a strange feeling.

This feeling she buried deep down her heart, now making their way back to the surface thanks to Hilda's antics.

Tenebria felt that she may have found someone who would understand her thoughts

Someone who would stick by her side, no matter the consequence.

Though it was just a simple hunch, like a few months ago when she found Hilda unconscious in the forest. Then too she had an inkling which proved to be the best choice she made.

Thus she decided to put her trust in Hilda.

Trusting Hilda to be her partner in crime.

***

Years ago, she had lived in the nearby kingdom. Despite her family being aware of her identity as a witch since birth, they still loved and cared for her like a normal child, keeping her away from the public's eye.

But the truth one day is bound to be revealed.

One unlucky day, a man accidentally locked his eyes with then 19 Tenebria. Infatuated with her beauty, he persisted in his pursuit and months later managed to win the heart of the young maiden. 

Tenebria oblivious to reality trusted the man and opened her heart to him, only to be stabbed in the back by the same man a week later.

"This family birthed a witch!" he exclaimed, as the kingdom's soldiers brigaded the once peaceful house. 

For the crime of treason against the king, her parent's heads fell in front of her weeping eyes. 

Seeing the disdain on her supposed lover's face, her heart grew dark. 

The soldiers went forward to chain the witch.

"Take her to the prison, the ritual must be performed urgently" their commander ordered.

Witnessing the absurdity of the situation, the once innocent girl, laughed.

The innocent girl's laughter grew hysteric.

Her existence was taboo. 

Her existence was unnatural.

Her existence caused the death of her innocent parents.

HER EXISTENCE WAS EVIL.

Realizing the reality of her birth, the witch vowed an oath.

"I will become the evil you humans despise the most"

Her hysteric rage turned the magical energy around violent. 

The air around grew hot, realizing the situation the soldiers and the lovers ran towards the exit door.

The girl looked at runners with eyes filled with glee, the very next second the entire house becoming a victim of an explosion.

The fire covered the girl's body as her limbs flew in random directions. Her head flew upwards, coming down she saw the melting and exploded body of her lover.

A bewitching smile surfaced on her falling head.

7